I want to quit my job: 10 questions to a software developer, a pilot episode
Hi there, Habr!
Remember the story of Steve Jobs and Dennis Ritchie ? The number of techies that haven’t been up for more than a few days.
We, the Habr editorial team, are keen to tackle this injustice. From now on. So get you to get ready.
If you want, we will lead the way. Click here to see general questions. For our pilot episode (This month I’ve had some good interviews, see articles one, two, three). Please send me a message or send a message.
Filipp Ranzhin, Russian city of Ivanovo. He started coding in C ++ at the university when he learned .NET. He is currently working on a respectable foreign company. It is also used in F # and OCaml.
1. Tell me about a feature you have deployed that makes you really proud.
- I have not made anything. Throughout my life, I have been dealing with very trivial problems. So I am proud of what I am capable of, rather than what I have accomplished.
I thought I had a smart AI system.
2. Now tell me about your worst fuckup.
- Once I spent a few days trying to get it. I had to come up with some excuse at a meeting. I didn’t even take time to look into. And I’m like, “Give me any bug, and I’ll fix it in two days!”
It turned out, though, that I had three months on fixing it.
The bug was between the two huge systems. It could be consistently reproduced. For all those three months, I’ve been sending them to skyrim. Those were the worst three months in my life.
Finally, I closed it as “No repro.” I’m not interested in it. ” salary raise.
3. Describe your workplace:
- I’m working with the Windows family of operating systems. I sit at a table that I made for myself. It is so enormous that it is capable of accommodating half a dozen coders.
It has been a flaw, however, it has been a significant flaw — I tried to cut the costs and purchased an AMD CPU. This was an epic fail. This is a piece of runs that runs through my tests.
I currently have only one monitor. I like this pro. My favorite IDE is Visual Studio 2017 combined with Resharper. Visual Studio Code enhanced with a zillion plug-ins. Downloading VSCode evolve is one of my hobbies.
I like it, I’d say I prefer Visual Studio Team Services over GitHub.
4. Based on what criteria do you choose work? Is it the stack, the product, the working environment, money?
- At the moment, I’m one of the most important factors. I think I’m not really ready for any business. I’m used to, I still won’t go too deep into the project. And I’m so a little bit serious. I have done previously. Now it hurts almost physically.
Sometimes I think, it’s not necessary to seek a job. It can not be accepted. It would be a real problem.
At the same time, I’m embarrassed by one way. It is a good idea to make it a bit more efficient.
Sometimes I think, if I have been able to manage, I deserve everything I have. This is the way it should be.
But I love coding, and I love you. I really didn’t really want to go. This is hard to live with.
5. what languages would you like to improve?
- This is what I would like to change:
3r3-33160. Compile-time immutability for typescript and C #. It is not always used, it is not necessary to read it. it). 3r3161.
3r3-33160. I would like to make a statement about how to use it. Seriously, in practice, write something like IDictionnary
ReallyStrangeCallback, to not implement types of weights.
3r3-33160. Automated backing fields in C #, some sort of syntactic sugar over Func
3r3-33160. Out-of-the-box code contracts for C # (e.g. in Roslyn) instead of external solutions that turn my IDE into a sluggish mess. 3r3161.
3r3-33160. An alternative to jsx for the F # language. I’ll have to do it. 3r3161.
3r3-33160. It’s not a problem. 3r3161.
3r3-33160. To make a processor approach. 3r3161.
3r3-33160. I couldn’t even want to travel back to my size. It is there in the specification, but it doesn’t have been the case. 3r3161.
3r3-33160. An option for out-of-the-box static typing in JS, without prejudice to typescript. Unlike the multi-paradigm design. 3r3161.
3r3-33160. For things like the WebAssembly to be firmly rooted in the best practices. 3r3161.
3r3-33160. To see significantly improved web clients for GitHub and the like. Ideally, I’d like to be able to edit my code. 3r3161.
3r3-33160. More compatibility conventions. Life would be easier if jvm interpret and jit a piece of code in .NET CIL. 3r3161.
6. Where is it, is it college, conferences, Habr? Anywhere other than that?
- I used to study at a university, but I was repeatedly expelled.I am a regular at Habr. I don’t think I’m worn from any of these sources. Maybe I just find pleasure in thinking so.
My trick is reading books and befriending other developers. I have the most positive effect on my skills.
7. If you had unlimited resources (time, money, facilities, HR), what would you work on?
It would be possible to follow it. It would be interesting to emulate people’s behavior under various circumstance.
8. How do you spend your leisure hours? What do you do apart from your work?
- I take walks in the woods and contemplate, sometimes sipping a beer; I play my guitar occasionally and play videogames from time to time. I’d say my hobby is thinking and dreaming.
I have several personal projects that I work on with my friends. I like giving them a passive-aggressive code reviews for the purpose (e.g. “would you like a solution?”)
Sometimes I do various liberal-arts shit like giving interviews. I also often get to writing a book, but I’ve never finished any.
9. Tell us about your three favorite books - one learning, one non-fictional and one fictional.
Learning - CLR via C # by Jeffrey Richter. It is packed with so much .NET runtime, which makes it a true treasure. Whoever learns this book for a .NET developer’s job. Chris Okasaki’s Purely Functional Data Structures. This has been the case for the metaphysical shivers downing my spine.
Non-fiction - I don’t know if it’s a complete rematch of it. It was a work of course.
Fiction - An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser. I would never think of a pragmatic digital monster, such as I would have been able to sympathize. But I did sympathize, and this meant a lot to me.
10. If it was an AI system, it became clear
- I would like to compare the two against each other. If I’ve turned out to be a superior one, I’d ask it to be a project, and so on
If I’m a bot, I’d have to cope with it. It’s in the depths of the peace of mind.
Bonus: ask another developer anything you like.
- What technology was the most enjoyable for you to learn?
It may be interesting
I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good worklord of the mysteries
I'm constantly searching on the internet for posts that will help me. Too much is clearly to learn about this. I believe you created good quality items in Functions also. Keep working, congrats!read history's number 1 founder novel online free
We are truly thankful for your blog entry. You will discover a great deal of methodologies in the wake of going to your post. I was precisely scanning for. A debt of gratitude is in order for such post and please keep it up.read free novels online
This blog was extremely helpful. I really appreciate your kindness in sharing this with me and everyone else!read lady midnight online free
Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for such kinda informative post and your post looks very interesting for me.lord of the mysteries novel
I was very impressed by this post, this site has always been pleasant news Thank you very much for such an interesting post, and I meet them more often then I visited this site.history's number 1 founder
I know your aptitude on this. I should say we ought to have an online discourse on this. Composing just remarks will close the talk straight away! What's more, will confine the advantages from this data.romance novels online free reading
Fibro Blast Beauty provides non-surgical skin lightening and cosmetic therapy sessions so you can get rid of wrinkles, signs of aging, and other skin issues. Check Out: Fibro Blast Beauty