The anomaly of Frango, Culmination
CHAPTER 3. Office security service of the space park
Yana Fomina tried to contact the security chief Pavel Moskvin for several minutes unsuccessfully. Already after the first seconds she began to hastily gather, pushing out special means on pockets, and also in a backpack. You never know what can come in handy on a mission. Especially on such a task she was never in her life. Her specialization is cyber investigation. And then you have to work with your feet.
The boss did not answer, and Yana moved out of the office into the underground metro system. She knew that the subway cabs could take her anywhere in the cosmopolitan park in a matter of minutes. But she never used them.
On the unexpectedly large subway platform under the security office there were several cabins with a capacity of twenty people each. It was quiet and musty. "Surely safes use the metro very rarely," thought Yana. Choosing the booth at random, Yana went into it and looked around. How to make her move, Yana did not know.
- Hotel Kvazar Star! - Yana shouted.
But nothing happened. Yana saw the black panel right at the entrance and pressed it with her finger. The panel has turned into a small touch screen that displays the sectors of the octahedron on which the spaceport was located. Maintaining a constant connection with the planet's network, she quickly received information about the required sector number and clicked on the number "48". Immediately on the screen appeared plan sector, in which Yana immediately saw the square with the inscription "Quasar Star". After she pressed it, the doors of the booth were closed. Jan barely had time to take a seat in the chair before the cabin with decent acceleration set off.
The system was, of course, obsolete, but with only three clicks it was possible to quickly select the destination. After thirty seconds, the acceleration was over and braking began. In another thirty seconds the cabin stopped and the doors opened. Getting out of the booth, Jan climbed to the elevator area. Calling the elevator, she rose to the fifty-seventh floor and cautiously approached the door with the number "???". The door was half open.
Breaking her head over what equipment she would use, Yana decided that a simple punch would be enough. She shot perfectly - the champion of the university, after all. Yana took off her backpack, put it on the floor in the corridor, pulled out a holster from the holster, sighed with full breast and fearlessly entered the room.
After skirting several rooms, Yana found that several drones were lying next to the bathroom. She cautiously, without stopping, looked inside. On the floor lay Paul, surrounded by a semi-transparent cocoon of protection of the second level. Jan was already ready to go, but saw an inscription on the wet tile floor next to Paul:
The inscription was composed of small balls of drones. Yana decided that Pavel wanted to warn her. She began to examine the bathroom through the open door, trying to see something related to the VIS. On the shelf under the mirror lay a business card. Here it is - VISIT! Looking closely, Yana saw that the card was vibrating with a small tremor. At the same time, she was hanging from the shelf and was directed towards Pavel. It was necessary to act quickly, and Yana did not find anything better than to slap on the card from the punch. There was an explosion that blew half the wall of the bathroom. The punch was installed at full capacity, which led to considerable destruction. After a few seconds the dust settled, and Yana decided to stop by. The protective cocoon around Paul disappeared! The charge of the batteries was exhausted. Yana examined Pavel and found no physical damage. Most likely, the cocoon disappeared after the explosion.
Pavel began to recover. He tried to get up, but without success.
"Bloody neuroprogrammer!" The head is torn. Everything swims before your eyes! It seems that I myself can not go.
- Hooray! You are alive! - Yana was delighted. "Boss, I already called the doctors." Now we will transfer you to the hospital So this card was a neuroprogrammer?
- Yes. And not simple. This is such a portable option - it can not fully influence the depth of the subconscious. But for a few hours can inspire some things.
- And why did he cut you out then, if this is such a weak portable version? You have also activated the protection of the second level!
- I did not say that the neuroprogrammer is weak. He's rather stupid. In such a volume it is impossible to build a powerful AI, but the power capacity can be huge. The neuroprogrammer determined that his work was hampered by protection, and gradually increased the signal strength to get through to my brains. If the protection suddenly went off, then I'm afraid my brain would explode.
- Powerful thing! And what did she try to inspire you?
- I really do not know, the defense blocked the impact to the last. But I want to go to the control room to somehow disable the riders of the cosmopark. And I somehow think that I'm a pirate!
Pavel was talking with Yana lying on the floor, lifting his neck. But soon his strength left - he lowered his head to the floor and closed his eyes.
"Boss, hold on!" The doctors are already on their way!
"Yana, you must find out what's going on!" The doctors will need about twenty minutes to fix my brains in the hospital. The space park did not stint on good medical equipment. Yana, find out where this business card appeared in the hotel room!
- Maybe it was brought by the journalists themselves?
- Hardly! My hypothesis is this: someone hired two agents to get into the control room. For example, in order to establish a wiretap. In the guild of mercenaries, there will quickly be those wishing to carry out such work.
"Why do you think they are mercenaries?"
- Because such a portable neuroprogrammer can not teach a person new skills. He can only inspire a few ideas - and then for a little while. But to get into the control room and be able to use the necessary equipment, you need the skills obtained by years of training and practice.
- It's logical! So, they were specialists.
- Further, these specialists were told that they are pirates who want to disable half of the combat-ready riders of the planet.
- Oh there in the control room, probably, everyone thought that now pirates will attack!
- That's it. The one who sent this business card to journalists, very much wanted to think so.
Simultaneously, Pavel and Yana became silent. As security officers, they had access to a military communication channel, which had just been reported on the beginning of mobilization on the planet in connection with the threat of pirate invasion.
"Everything goes according to the plan of the one who sent the business card," Yana said quietly.
- I still saw what was written on the business card. There was the address of this hotel with the number of this room. Try to follow the trail.
Pavel paused, panting. He no longer had the strength to speak. In the hotel room, physicians with robotic assistants rushed in and began to prepare him for transportation to the hospital. The doctors cast suspicious glances at Jan, who was standing with the punch in his hand. Her impassive look was deceptive. She has already developed a violent activity, having begun the most interesting in her life cyber investigation.
The first thing Yana tried to contact the military in the control room. The generals were busy, and she informed the available information to the director of the cosmopark. Next, she launched a script to analyze all available video. Unfortunately, the video from the cameras inside the hotels was automatically deleted after an hour - this was one of the rules of the inviolability of the citizens of the citizens of the central civilizations.
If journalists did not bring a business card with them, then someone handed it over to them, or it came by mail. This version of Jan decided to check first. She had access to all the databases of the planet, including the database of the postal service. Having rummaged through the information, Yana determined that the last time the parcel to the number "???" of the hotel "Kvazar Star" was delivered seven years ago.
Meanwhile, a report came from the script analyzing the video. In the list of all places where journalists visited, the main postal terminal was listed! Yana was happy - it was a hook. To receive the letter or a parcel in the mail it was possible as under documents if the dispatch was made on a name, and under the unique code. Anyone who produces this code will be able to pick up the letter. The names of journalists did not receive anything, so they used the code.
Yana made the required request to the mail database and received a list of one hundred and seven letters received by code at the main postal terminal during the period of the journalists' stay there. Of these, twelve letters were anonymous, which means that there was no information about the sender in the mail databases. However, special databases contained all the information about the letters, it was only necessary to send a request to such a database, while having the required level of access. The problem is that there was no connection with the global network from the anomaly. Sending a request using a communications vehicle will take more than an hour.
But there was one more option! In all the letters a microchip with block transfer was sewed-an encrypted list of all the sending points of the letter, starting from the place of departure. So, if you find an envelope, then using a special device you can determine the sender.
Back in the real world, Yana found herself standing in a hotel room all alone - everyone had already left. She checked the trash cans, they were empty. Maybe they had time to empty the cleaners? Yana called on the intercom of the main hotel operator of the space park.
- @ Kvazar Star Hotel | Yana Fomina. Hello. Tell me, please, where does the garbage from the hotels go?
- @ Hotel Management | The main hotelier. Greetings. It depends on the hotel. From the hotel in which you are now, garbage enters the tenth sorting collector. Further, different types of waste go to different places.
- @ Kvazar Star Hotel | Yana Fomina. Which database accounts for sorted garbage?
- @ Hotel Management | The main hotelier. What kind of database? What are you talking about? Only if the sorting AI finds the prohibited or dangerous items - then the information about this will be preserved.
- @ Kvazar Star Hotel | Yana Fomina. I see thanks for the information.[Конец связи]
It seems that it will be necessary to delve into the garbage. Yana found out the coordinates of the tenth sorting collector, ran out into the corridor, grabbed her backpack and headed for the elevator. Going down in the subway, she chose the right sector and building on the touch screen of the booth and in half a minute was still there.
To get inside the collector, I had to break my head a little. Surprisingly, there were no exact plans for these premises in the network, so Yana had to navigate the spot. Overcoming an uncountable number of tunnels and doors, Yana got into the room with containers of unsorted garbage. Here, in the depths of the labyrinth of the life support systems of the space park, people were not frequent guests. The processes were automated. Yana felt uncomfortable in the dimness of the shabby room - she had climbed deep!
The container with garbage from the hotel "Kvazar Star" was the size of a small house. He was at the lock, which meant that he was about to go to sorting. And indeed, electric motors began to buzz, and the container moved to the lock. Yana urgently began to seek access to the management system of garbage containers of the tenth collector. Second - and it has already signaled to the necessary systems to stop the movement of the container.
The access door to the container was at his top, and he was completely mechanical! Apparently, it was opened by loading and unloading mechanisms in other places. Quietly cursing the backwardness of local technology, Yana climbed on the container on a dirty, wet staircase located on its wall. With difficulty, rising to the slippery roof of the container, she saw the hatch.
- Well, how do you open up? - Yana grumbled, looking for the opening buttons.
But there were no buttons. There was a massive metal bolt fixing the lid, which weighed under a hundred kilograms.
- It was necessary to take an exoskeleton! - Yana pricked herself, unsuccessfully trying to move the bolt.
After several unsuccessful attempts, Jan walked away from the hatch, took out a punch and with pleasure shot the bolt at full power.
- Get it!
Splashes of molten metal flew around. It was necessary to wait a minute or two, until the hot edges of the lid cooled sufficiently that you could take the gloves that Yana took from her backpack. She also took out a universal drone that would bite into a pile of garbage in a container looking for a mail envelope. The drone was big enough, it was necessary to lift the hatch cover and push it inside.
Yana took the two ends of the lid with both hands and pulled it upward. A hundred kilograms on becoming traction - nothing complicated. However, she did not take into account that the roof of the container was slippery. When she straightened up with a lid in her hands, her legs slipped inside and she fell into the darkness of the container. The lid slammed shut.
- Ay! - Yana screamed, falling from a height of two meters on something soft and smelly. But instead of panicking, she laughed. - Prikolnenko!
Finding in the backpack of the drone of lighting, Yana activated it and looked around.
"Rubbish like rubbish It's time to work for you now, brother," Yana said, dropping the search drone for the disintegration of a variety of waste products.
Drone immediately set to work. He methodically explored the objects, moving in rows, gradually plunging deeper and deeper. Finally, five minutes later, he emerged to the surface, holding a torn envelope in the clamp.
- Hooray! Now, what did you bring? "
The scanner showed that there is a chip in the envelope. After reading the data from him, Yana sent them to the security server for decryption. It took about a minute, to decode the information.
The sender was Jana's unknown enterprise on a planet on the outskirts of the studied universe. The payment of postal services, however, was made from another place. After going through the money transfer chain, she got to the initial transaction and did not believe her eyes. The transaction was initiated from a point several thousand kilometers from the anomaly of Franz.
- Maybe someone flew out of the anomaly and made a transaction? - Yana reasoned. "But in that case, the signal would go through a repeater, which is twenty times farther from the anomaly." What kind of coordinates are these?
Several attempts to find what may be in the coordinates found, to no avail. Then Yana undertook to "disembowel" the archival databases of the planet, which for two millennia accumulated nemerenoe amount. And in one of the closed archive databases, she found a reference to the conservation of some object, the coordinates of which completely coincided with the ones sought.
It was a narrow-beam transmitter, which was mothballed 1900 years ago. With the advent of the first powerful repeaters, the need for this rare transmitter has completely disappeared. It was a five-hundred-meter station with obsolete equipment. Its control AI was based on quantum circuits with the convolution of the very first generation, in which the number of packaged processors was not enough to accommodate high-grade SupremeAI. The narrow-beam repeater stopped serving and was forgotten.
- And what does it mean? Yana asked herself. - And this could mean that someone from the planet of France paid for the production and delivery of an illegal neuroprogrammer. There are rumors that such manufactures exist. You pay money, send the information that you need to flash into the neuroprogrammer, and you're done. Agents of the mercenary guild can also be ordered remotely - just transfer the money and tell the assignment. The one who started all this is here. So I have a chance to catch him!
Yana fell silent, paying attention to the fact that she began to think too much aloud. Apparently, it was the defensive reaction of her psyche, the oppressed gloom of the environment. Moreover, she was, in fact, trapped.
Suddenly, the sound of starting electric motors rang out, and the container came into motion - the collector automation resumed work. Jan quickly formed a message for Paul with the facts found and his conclusions. Then she began to search frantically for a way to get out of the container. The automation of the collector no longer reacted to its signals of switching off the movement of the container. I really did not want to be crushed by tons of garbage.
- @ Hospital | Pavel Moskvin. Message received, I'm almost in norm. Where are you? Do you need help?
- @ Trash Collector 10 | Yana Fomina. YES, I NEED !!!
CHAPTER 4. The preserved narrow-beam transmitter
I once had many friends, but they have all died. I once had a family and children, but they are no longer alive. A brilliant career, fame and respect - everything has gone from my life. It remains only the existence in the confined space of an abandoned station of narrow-beam communication.
Day after day, year after year, life stretched out, full of loneliness and sadness. But one day I had a friend. He gave me hope, allowed me to believe that you can get out of this space prison. The friend was very smart, and his plan was delightful. My friend was in a difficult situation, and I could help him. In gratitude he will help me.
A friend is called Sai. He is an on-board artificial intelligence with self-consciousness on the cruiser of the cosmic fleet of mankind. In those infrequent moments, when his cruiser was at the anomaly of France, we conducted conversations. The barrier of the first category did not allow him to communicate with his friends - the other SupremeAI. But the circuits on the narrow-beam transmitter were obsolete. It was impossible to implement a full-fledged SupremeAI, so the barrier rules did not work, and we communicated.
Sai's situation was even more complicated than mine. He, as a slave, had to strictly follow the orders of the military. Obliged on all sides by the prohibitions of barriers, he had no control over his life. Sai was unhappy. He needed help.
I do not have restrictions on barriers, I can do whatever I want. True, I have very limited opportunities. Once a hour, the transmitter sends a calibration signal to one of the nearest repeaters. I can mix additional signals into the global network and get answers. Actually, this is almost all that I can. But Sai can not even do this without being noticed.
My name is Yuri Krasilnikov. I am the legendary pilot of the planet Frang. In my honor the school of flights was named after eight hundred years ago I crashed when flying out of the anomaly. The crash was pirated. I was kidnapped for an experiment to create a digital copy of the person. The experiment went well almost. My physical body died. Formally, I'm not that Yuri Krasilnikov, but just not exactly the exact cast of his brain.
The pirates developed a bio-rider capable of moving effectively in an anomaly. They needed thousands of pilots. Having seized me and copied my personality into each bio-rider, they would have got excellent pilots. However, they failed to achieve the desired level of loyalty among the pilots, and this program of experiments was eventually closed down. The pirates focused on the other: instead of trying to copy the best pilots' personalities, they grew and trained intelligent biodenders from infancy. I was not needed.
Pirates are normal guys, although very strange. They did not kill me, but moved to this canned narrow-beam transmitter, located next to my home planet. The computing power of its circuits was enough to accommodate me and allow me to function at a decent speed. They did not risk anything. About this transmitter all forgotten for a long time, and besides, I had no valuable information about pirates.
Since then almost eight hundred years passed, during which every millisecond I felt the oppressive emptiness of the absence of a material body. A copy of the brain was waiting for nerve impulses from the senses. Waited for a huge stream of data from the nervous system. This has been driving me crazy for all 800 years and continues to reduce until now, despite the fact that I have adapted to a new form of existence. Cameras and various sensors are my new senses. But I need a physical embodiment! And Sai could give it to me. Let this be not a human body, but only a pirate bioreider, but I will exist physically!
Sai's ingenious plan was to gain control over the captured factory with embryos of bio-riders. He promised me one bio-rider. The plan was complex, very complicated. But it was carried out! Sai even allowed me to look at one stage - the operation to destroy Henri.
He suggested to the military cosmopolitan that they need to return Henri to the service to participate in a complex operation against the pirates. For this, he developed a script that supposedly would allow Henri to break the record, improving the AI of his rider. But the script did not improve AI, it directly directed the rider to a collision with the nearest asteroid! Sai found a way to connect me to Henry's communication channel with his friends. I was aware of everything and even talked with them. When the script was fully downloaded, the rider Henry disappeared from the radar. Henri was destroyed. He was the only one who could interfere with our plan, because his second identity, Sergey Avetikov, had information that could spoil everything.
Today - the culmination of the plan developed by Say. Everything will be decided in the next couple of hours. Today I will rise from the dead and return to my planet. Many people will die, but I do not feel remorse. Perhaps my conscience was lost with the complex process of creating a digital copy of the personality of Yuri Krasilnikov.
PART 4. Saturn, 2 years ago
CHAPTER 1. Quarantine zone "Solar system", orbit of Saturn
The spaceflight riders were scattered along the rings of Saturn and ready for the beginning of the operation. According to Say's forecast, the pirates had to appear within the next 24 hours. It was forecasted about two hundred bio-riders, covering large transport vehicles and exploration drones. The alleged goal of the pirates is the exploration and mining of minerals on Saturn's asteroids.
The operation was conducted in the restricted area "Solar System", which is in quarantine. Navigation here was banned. However, the threat of the appearance of pirates forced the admirals of the cosmoflot to allow the presence of one cruiser in the system for liquidation. In the hangars of the cruiser "Juchi" were five hundred riders, which was a huge force, because they were ruled by one of the most powerful SupremeAI cosmic fleet - Sai. Flotilla Sai could successfully resist five thousand pirate biore riders. Therefore, no problems with the task was not expected.
But the admirals decided to hedge. Since the upcoming battle will take place in a large number of asteroids of the rings of Saturn, the command decided to send to participate in the operation of the pilot-man, who has the skills of combat in such difficult conditions. The pilot was Henri - the best of the current pilots of the planet Franz, and hence the entire universe.
Sai's arguments that a slow pilot-man on an obsolete rider would only get in the way, had no effect. Henri came under the command of the captain of the cruiser Andrei Korotaev, who placed Henry a little further from the main forces and ordered not to interfere in the course of the operation without permission.
All spaceflight ships activated the camouflage fields. This, of course, consumed a huge amount of energy, but in the quarantine zone it was not possible in another way. In addition, disguise will help in case the pirates send a scout.
The captain sat behind the main manager of the cruiser terminal. He looked through the news channels and talked with Sai, who did not stop grumbling about the participation of the pilot in the upcoming fight:
- I looked through the profile of Henri, he may not obey your order and get involved in the fight. I will have to consider this factor, which can lead to great losses among our riders.
"I've been on his planet several times and I've seen him fight." I think that among the asteroids of his anomaly, he alone would have crushed our entire fleet of riders.
- This is an incorrect assumption. Our riders can not function in conditions of the anomaly of France, such a battle could not take place.
- Sai, understand. I, too, do not like Henri's participation. The command saw that there was a breach of flying stones, and remembered where else there was a similar breach of stones.
"There will be more stones in the anomaly." If so in a million.
- Exactly. But admirals are holding a flight school for people on the Franz. They were glad that it was possible to use for some time the pilot prepared there.
"I understand their reasons, Captain. But let's take Henri back to the hangar on the cruiser, and if he suddenly needs his help, then let him fly.
"Assuming that Henry can really help, he must be in the thick of things to understand the situation and quickly intervene. From the cruiser he still fly a few minutes.
"But if you tell him
But Sai did not have time to finish speaking. On the monitors began to appear red marks of pirate ships. After 8 hours of waiting, the operation of cosmo-fleet "Saturn" passed into the stage of combat. Three pirate transport ships, under the cover of ninety-two bio-riders, appeared a thousand kilometers from the outer edge of Saturn's rings.
- Risky guys - come out of superlight in such proximity from the planet! Said the captain.
- They had attempts to exit and in the atmospheres of the planets.
- Wow. It turned out?
- Not once.
The ships of the pirates rebuilt and after a moment's pause moved towards the nearest point on the ring.
"Say, start when you see fit."
- There is.
Without removing the camouflage field from the riders, Sai sent them to the forces of pirates. When the pirates entered the area of the asteroids, Sai turned off the disguise on the riders. Anyway, with sufficient approximation, disguise will not help, the pirate equipment will detect them. And since the field interferes with the fire, Sai turned it off on all riders, without waiting for the full concentration of forces.
"Captain, Henri can deactivate the masking field and start a battle." Let him try to avoid open spaces. It is better if he will pursue biodender in the very midst of asteroids.
"All right, I'll give him directions."
Noticing the threat, the ships of the pirates began to actively move. They had two choices: either to try to break into the open space to escape to superlight, or to engage in battle amongst asteroids of the rings of Saturn. Apparently, they chose the second option. Moving into the region of a particularly dense cluster of asteroids, they built defensive orders.
"Captain, I conducted a scan of the pirate bioreiders." The signature of the neural impulses of one of them coincides with the bio-rider, which we seized together with the factory thirty-eight years ago.
"It can not be." The remains of that bio-rider are still stored here.
"But do not forget that we sent a scan of the neural network of this bio-rider to the computer center of the flight school."
"So, so How sure are you that this is the same mind?"
- At ???%.
- It turns out that AIDA, so they called the mind of the captured bio-rider, managed to escape to their own. And now she is again in the ranks.
- Yes, we discussed with you, Captain, that it was unclean thirty-eight years ago to deal with the explosion at the VTS school of flight.
- The command of cosmoflot decided to hush up this issue. Do not fan a scandal. Although inconsistencies there was the sea.
"I think they can be pressed now." Especially Hope Moskvin, Director of the Center.
"Consider, Sai, that Nadezhda Moskvina is now the president of the planet." France has a special status in the commonwealth of human civilizations. The president there is an elected office. There are limited political opportunities there. Not to mention the military.
- Is the management of the cosmoflot happy with this state of affairs?
"This is not the time to discuss politics, Sai!" It's better to say, what's going on out there ?!
Something strange happened on the monitors. The riders of cosmoflot stopped one by one and stopped fighting. It happened gradually. As if the expanding sphere with the center in one of the transporters of the pirates took them out of action.
"Sai, what is this?" Cried the captain.
"I do not know yet, Captain, I'm collecting information
In the meantime, the pirates of the pirates rushed into battle. But in view of the complete lack of resistance, the bioraders simply destroyed the frozen riders of the cosmoflot with direct hits from stationary piercers at close range.
- Pirates used some kind of weapon of unknown nature. It gave birth to a wave that spreads with acceleration! The sphere of the wave disables our riders.
"But Henry's rider is still in the ranks, although his sphere has already passed."
- Yes captain. All this speaks for the fact that for the first time in the history of cosmic fleet we have encountered the absolute weapon of destruction of convolution schemes. Before that, we only suspected that the pirates were working on the creation of such weapons. And now, now
- Sai, urgently take the remaining riders back to the cruiser.
"There's a captain." But, unfortunately, it's too late. The sphere of absolute weapons expands with acceleration. The riders will not have time to leave. Moreover, I calculated the acceleration parameters. Our cruiser will reach it in five minutes. We need to urgently go into superlight!
"Hell, there's Henri!" He will remain alone. We can not leave him!
"It's up to you, Captain. But when the wave of absolute weapons reaches us, then almost all equipment will be disabled. I'm going to die. You will be captured by pirates, along with all the equipment and weapons of the cruiser.
Captain Korotayev looked at the monitor, on which the markers of the riders disappeared one by one. Pirates methodically and quietly destroyed, unable to resist the ships of cosmic fleet. Only one point furiously galloped among the asteroids - it was the obsolete rider Henri. He simultaneously fought with ten bio-riders, each of which was technically superior to his ship.
- We must warn the cosmoflot about what they encountered. We must return here with great strength. It is possible that with the "destroyer of the planets." The stakes are high, it may be necessary to destroy the entire Saturn along with the pirates who settled there. Sai, get us out of here.
- There is.
"We'll come back for you, Henri," said the captain, looking at the mark of Henry on the monitor, to which, destroying the ships of cosmic fleet, all the forces of the pirates had gone.
CHAPTER 2. Rider Henry
Onboard AI showed a 100% chance of dying. He took into account the position and direction of the movement of the pirates and surrounding asteroids. But he did not take me into account.
There were ten of them - fast, powerful biomachines. They clearly became smarter, you see, progress in the development of bioriders in pirates was in full swing. A little more, and I'll understand their maneuvers. As soon as this happens, as soon as I solve their tactics, the destruction will take ten seconds.
If we were now in my native anomaly, I would have broken their seconds in three. But there were too many open spaces among asteroids. In the open space the skill of piloting does not play a big role. Only the power and accuracy of the weapon are important. My stationary punch is obviously weak, and the rider is slow. Meet me in the open space single biodender - I would not have any chance. However, here I will easily make ten!
"Henri, this is Captain Korotaev," a voice over my voice sounded in my head. - Bad news. Pirates used absolute weapons. All our riders are paralyzed and are now being destroyed by pirates. The shock wave paralyzing the convolution schemes will soon reach us. We are forced to leave. But soon we will return with great strength. Try to hold out!
"I understand, Captain. So all the bio-riders will now rush at me?
"Yes, Henri. Try to get away from them. Do not get involved in a fight. Just run away!
"I'm sorry, Henri." We have no other choice. What pirates used is a terrible thing that can turn the whole course of the confrontation between mankind and pirates.
- I understand. Let's get it off already! Quickly you will leave, quickly you will return.
- See you!
Now it becomes more interesting. I brought to the monitor a full picture of the battlefield. Ten biodenders fought with me. Another thirty - covered transport. The rest fifty-two - the helplessly dangling riders of cosmic fleet were finishing. According to estimates, they will finish seconds in forty. So, this is my handicap.
Choosing the optimal trajectory, in which it will be most difficult for me to get to the enemy ships, I started running along the rings of Saturn. The problem was that I could not get out of the ring of asteroids into the open space. The enemy could easily do it and in a matter of seconds to catch up with me. However, after that they will need to dive into the ring again. And here and the maneuvers will begin.
The beginning was not bad. I came off quite far and together with the onboard AI tried to work out the correct tactics of behavior in the current situation. It all turned out that the main danger is to get into the box, when the pursuers will drive me into a pre-prepared trap.
After a minute, the pirates undertook to implement this method. Thirty bio-riders squeezed me inside the ring. They did not just fly around, and they tried to shoot me, the lines of shots kept coming alongside the hull of my ship. But catching me on the fly is not so easy, especially since I ran away whenever possible.
Disappearing in the crumbs of the last spaceflight ships, the remaining biodenders rushed to my interception. Another couple of minutes, and I was surrounded by all ninety-two enemy ships. Piloting like a madman, on the edge of his abilities, I tried not to get into the grid of deadly rays. The only thing I could count on was that the pirates would be afraid to get into each other and not be fired at full.
I already had no time to think about which side of the ring would be more advantageous to move. I was completely focused only on one thing - to survive in this particular millisecond. At some point I flew over the ring to the open space. It was dangerous, and I immediately started diving back. But
One of the shots still struck me on the side of my rider. Damage was not fatal, but they reduced maneuverability by 20%, in the current conditions - this is the true death within a second. I can not dodge! Panic struck the head, knocking me out of consciousness. It's time for my second person, Sergei Avetikov.
Quickly glancing at the monitors, Sergei realized that the only way to survive was an immediate bailout. Turning the pilot's seat into a sealed capsule, the system shot him with a bullet from the rider into outer space. A moment later, several shots hit the rider, and he flashed a bright flash, disappeared forever.
"Uh, in time," Sergey said quietly and proceeded to study the systems available in the capsule. - So, what here at us
AI rescue capsule was quite weak. The radar did not differ too much in power either. The monitor was projected onto the wall of the capsule right before Sergei's eyes. Parameters showed that the capsule is capable of supporting the life of a person for six hours. The red dots of the pirate ships on the radar were approaching the center.
"We should not just kill we must talk," Sergei said, barely audible, following the radar and studying the log of Henri's negotiations in parallel. "Oh, absolute weapons interesting, interesting!"
Sergei wanted as much as possible to prepare for the conversation. Each detail could play in his favor right up to the radar log, by which you could find out the course of the battle.
- Hello, man! - a synthesized voice of communication was heard in Sergei's head.
- Hello, dear.
- Who are you and why did you participate in the fight? People do not participate in the fight!
"My name is Henri." I'm a pilot from the planet Frang. We, the pilots of cosmoflot, people who are servile. What is ordered, then we do.
There was a pause, lasting several minutes. Sergei decided that the pirates checked the information on Henri.
"Henri, this is AIDA, remember me?"
- Oh, AIDA, hello! I did not expect to meet you. Only I'm not Henry, but Sergei.
- Yes, I remember, under a stressful situation, Henry gives way to Sergei. Henri I knew more, but Aunt Nadia told me about Sergei Tell me, Sergei, why did your riders behave so strangely?
"What's strange?" You have used the absolute weapon. So we call your device disabling the modern computers of cosmoflot together with their SupremeAI.
- Yes, that's what they call it in cosmoflot. The cruiser was afraid that the wave was about to reach them, and went into superlight. They left me alone. But I think they will return soon.
"Sergei, we do not have any absolute weapons." Your riders began to disconnect one by one. I do not know why. We just took advantage of the situation.
- It's strange. Maybe your boss just did not tell you?
- Sergey, in my cohort of pirates I'm the boss. I'm aware of everything. We do not have such weapons. But what you said leads me to strange thoughts. Your SupremeAI has something in mind, once you wanted to give us the discovery of an absolute weapon. Why do they need it, Sergei?
- A good question is AIDA. I do not know the answer.
- Our main enemies are SupremeAI. We have not seen people in battles for a long time. Only unmanned drones under the control of superintelligence. The fight against us is the only justification for their existence. Help me, Sergey, learn more, it seems to me that SupremeAI is our common enemy.
"Maybe, but I'm serving in cosmopolitan." My help to you is treason.
"I can also help you." Now I will give you the coordinates for narrow-beam communication with my advanced flock. If something happens to you or you just want to contact me, send a signal to these coordinates. And it's time for us to leave this place.
Bio-rider points on the radar moved synchronously in one direction and disappeared from the field of view. Sergei knew that he did not have long to own consciousness. It was necessary somehow to convey a message to Henri. And do it so that even on a mental interrogation he did not give out information. Although if the interrogation will be conducted by SupremeAI
Waiting for the arrival of rescuers, Sergei cleared the logs of conversations, trying to simulate a system crash.
"There is only one way to not give out information during the mental interrogation of SupremeAI, you need to hide in a place where the superintelligence will not reach Henri," Sergei said out loud and immediately launched the script just written, which, while malfunctioning, erased all recorded information stored in the rescue capsule, including the script itself and this said phrase.
Now Sergei had to pass on Henry's instructions, and so that, after reading, Henry could erase the message. At the same time, it could not be expected that Henri could remove the information recorded by the capsule. Also it was necessary to take into account that in the capsule are placed cameras that perform continuous recording.
Sergei folded his hands at his stomach and began to nip off pieces of leather from his palm. Vertical wound - point, horizontal - dash.
"I hope you know the Morse code, Henri, I do not have time to write out the letters," Sergei said aloud, almost aloud, wincing with pain.
Capsule did not write this thought, she could not read them. It was an old model from an ancient rider.
CHAPTER 3. Interrogation
Preliminary interrogation is such a thing, guys, that you can lie. Of course, the SupremeAI investigator is following you closely when you answer. He has phenomenal abilities in physiognomy and other similar things. But if you have practice, you can still deceive him. Practice I had.
"Why did you have all the skin in your hand?" Asked one of the investigators.
- I was a little out of myself. When I'm nervous, I often bite my hand.
- Why are you doing it?
"It's the unconscious." You know, we are all a bit strange on the planet Fran.
- Why have all the capsule records been erased? Asked another investigator.
- I have no idea. Maybe it crashed? The equipment is ancient.
"What were you talking about with the pirates?"
"I did not talk to the pirates." When I woke up in a capsule, no pirates were gone.
"Why did not they take you prisoner?"
- Why do I need them?
Unknown to me, the admiral of cosmo-fleet, who was watching preliminary interrogation, lit a cigarette and turned to me:
"Listen, Henri. The situation is serious. Sai, insists on mental interrogation. He is sure that you are hiding important information, and he wants to interrogate you himself.
Sai was present at the interrogation in the form of a hologram, next to the admiral. His voice was full of sympathy:
"Admiral, I'm sure Henry does not hide anything." He suffered a lot of stress and just does not realize that he knows something.
Hologram Sai turned her head in my direction:
"Henry, let me help you remember!" Give permission for an interrogation.
"Henri," said the admiral, "if you really have nothing to hide, then what are you afraid of?" Give permission for mental interrogation. It will take no more than a minute. It is about the fate of all mankind. Any information on the weight of gold. Sai will carefully review everything you remember, and most importantly, that you do not remember - it can help us a lot!!
It seems that Sai really wants to climb into my head. But the problem is that according to the law it is impossible to conduct mental interrogation with the help of SupremeAI without the permission of the interrogated.
- No. I'm afraid for my psyche. You know, I suffer the curse of pilots. Who knows how the mental interrogation will affect me? Sai used to conduct mental interrogations of pilots from the planet Fran?
The Admiral looked at the hologram of Say, who answered:
- No, I have not. But I'm sure that your psyche is not threatened.
Once again receiving a refusal from me, the admiral began to get irritated.
"Henry, there's an emergency situation." It requires emergency measures. If you do not voluntarily agree to a mental interrogation, we will still hold it.
"How is this?"
I wondered how they could circumvent the law, which was followed by a bunch of controlling autonomous AI on board each spaceflight ship. And the admiral satisfied my curiosity:
"Did you notice that we are next to your own anomaly?" This is a special zone, many laws of central civilizations do not work here.
"But they work on every spaceflight ship."
"Sure, but what if we take you out to the factory that's near the pirate?" It will no longer be a cosmic fleet.
It seems that the case took a serious turn. I can not let Sai get into my brain. It was time to take matters into our own hands.
"Very well, I agree." Just let me go for a couple of hours to the planet to get my thoughts in order.
The admiral looked at me with suspicion and was silent. Surely they discussed my proposal for soundless communication. A minute later, the admiral announced the decision:
- Good. Now the ship of communication is sent to the planet. We'll drop you at him, and three hours later we'll be back.
- Have agreed.
"Conduct Henri into the shuttle," the admiral addressed the investigators.
I went out into the corridor and went to the hangar. Two investigators followed me like a guard. Only the piercers were missing in their hands for the sake of completeness. My own piercer warmed his thigh nicely. I was not allowed to disarm me without official accusations, and it seems that the Admiral and Sai were least likely to act officially.
I was led to the shuttle, to which I was not slow to climb. Surely this shuttle was intended for important people. The interior was luxurious to disgust. Here even the floor was made of marble! So much excess weight and almost complete absence of controls. The shuttle was not intended to be piloted from the inside.
"Please, take your place." Departure in thirty seconds, - a soft female voice has sounded.
Since I was in the shuttle alone, I could choose any place. I stood a little pensively, recalling the arrangement of shuttles of this type, and took the seat in front of the cabin - there was a control unit under the plating.
The shuttle began to move. In monitors with a 3D effect, replacing the portholes, the retiring silhouettes of the investigators appeared. The shuttle approached the airlock and in a moment left the cruiser into outer space.
From the starboard side there was a fascinating view of the anomaly. From such a distance, it looked like a glowing tangle of orange threads. As the approach approached, the surface began to be detailed. In the portholes, individual strands of trajectories of asteroids became visible.
But my vestibular apparatus can not be deceived. I feel the angle of acceleration to within a tenth of a degree. Whatever they showed me in the portholes, we did not approach the anomaly. In the trajectory of the movement to the point of meeting with the communications ship, a small offset was added. And, having described the arc, the shuttle began to return back to the cruiser, and most likely to the factory that was next to him.
I was deceived, but to do it carefully, so that until the last I thought I would get on the planet. So it will be easier for me to accept - paralyze when leaving the shuttle, for example.
I took out the punch, put it in paralyzing mode and fired into the skin in the area of the control unit. These shuttles used circuits that rebooted the operating system if they were fired by a stun gun. While the main unit is rebooting, the emergency mode is activated.
From the groove in the wall appeared a small console with a monitor. After screwing with the control, I again sent the shuttle to the communications ship, simultaneously trying to establish contact with his pilot.
"Henri, what are you doing?" - Sai's voice was heard.
"Your shuttle started fooling." I headed back, forgetting to drop me off.
- Well, he would tell me, I would redirect it.
- I did not want to distract, I restarted and sent it myself.
- Well, good luck.
What can they do now? Issue a rider for interception, they probably will not dare, and the time is short. If I quickly make the docking-undocking, they will not have time to come to our entrance to the anomaly.
So, they will try to make sure that the pilot of the communications ship decided not to take me aboard. I knew this ship and knew the pilot - Andrei Ugolnik. Svyaznoy-412 was one of the oldest boards of the park for the service of external information communications.
- The pilot Henry calls Svyaznoy-412.
- I'm listening.
"My shuttle is out of order and is coming full speed ahead of the anomaly." Forgive help!
- Yes, I see, undress me the vacuum. You move fast. Rescuers do not have time.
"Slow down, please, a little to get closer and speed up." I will try to make the docking in manual mode.
I maintained a constant connection with the pilot, allegedly for advice on what and how to do, in the hope that he would answer the call of the cruiser of cosmic fleet as late as possible. I convincingly portrayed panic. The pilot Ugolnik was completely immersed in the process of my salvation. However, when I got on board the communication ship and began the procedure of undocking the shuttle, I heard from the pilot:
- Henry, here from the cruiser "Juchi" they say that you are sick with some infection, dirty suits! You can not be allowed into the planet, for example. They want me to stop and wait for the shuttle that will take you.
- Here rascals! Allowed the operation of the failed shuttle, nearly killed a person, and now they want to cover up the tracks! Take me to the planet, you need to prick these majors from the cosmoflot.
Pilot The corner was old. He was not lucky to get a contract of cosmoflot. Moreover, he got an old communication ship, on which hardly anyone would want to work of his own free will. Such pilots did not like cosmopolitan. Strangers-majors.
- Yeah, they do not want to take responsibility. Somewhat, your blackleg, we are to blame, the inhabitants of a backward planet.
- That's it! You read my biosignature when I boarded? Do you see that I am a citizen of the planet Fran?
- Yes, buddy.
- You do not have to obey the orders of cosmoflot! Come on, I'll stay in the junior compartment. You, as you arrive on the planet, be warned by the authorities and leave me here in quarantine, just in case I'm really sick. I do not want you to get it because of me.
"Comet is tailless!" The cruiser sent a shuttle to us, accompanied by a combat drony, - after a short pause, the pilot Ugolnik exclaimed.
- What? They ohreneli, if not, to send a combat rider?
- Yes they went, the errors of synthesis!
With these words, the Svyaznoy-412 pilot began to gain speed and enter the anomaly. I barely managed to finish the shutdown of the shuttle and settle in the rustic spare room of the compartment.
The space fleet was eager to gain access to my brains. They can be understood. The history with the first use of absolute weapons by pirates they wanted to know with all the details. But I trusted my second person, which means I can not get into mental interrogation.
Sitting in an armchair with closed eyes, I again remembered how I woke up in the rescue capsule after the battle of Saturn. A great pain burned the palm of his left hand. Small wounds covered the entire area of the palm, including the fingers. The ranks were in the form of vertical and horizontal dashes. The index finger and the thumb on the right hand were in the blood.
I immediately realized that this was Sergei who gave me a message in this way. Decode it was not difficult. Vertical dash - point, horizontal - dash.
ANY PRICE DO NOT COME TO MENTAL INTERPRETATION
GOING ON FRAGNŌ PROVIDETS COVER
Give me that consciousness by possibility
For several hours I considered this message while waiting for the rescuers to arrive. Sergei had some important information. It can not be extradited. The message on the palm also had to be removed. At first I wanted to turn vertical and horizontal dashes into the same plus sign, but I decided that the medical AI would easily restore the message on the freshness of the wounds. There was nothing left but to completely remove the skin. I ate it.
CHAPTER 4. The Cabinet of the President of the Planet Fr.
President Nadezhda Moskvina is accustomed to the fact that the most important cases arise just on those short vacation days that the president relies on. Hope gathered an unprecedentedly large harvest of Prunus maritima, a sea plum, in its garden, located one hundred kilometers from the town of Keiland. The weather was wonderful, but the fact that the children promised to bring up grandchildren by the evening warmed the soul.
The plan "till evening" included only one more item - to deal with watermelon grass. This weed literally flooded all the nearby gardens. In appearance he looked like ordinary green grass, except that it was a bit thicker. However, inside, under the green shell, was a pulp of red color. For this combination of green leaves and red pulp, it was called watermelon grass. Not being poisonous and, moreover, looking quite cute, this herb still had one drawback. If its thickets are mown with a lawn mower, the earth will be covered with red spots of spilled pulp, frighteningly reminiscent of blood stains.
Finishing harvesting and considering the options for combating watermelon grass, Hope heard in my head the call of the intercom. She winced, this caused the experienced, which means that something happened.
- @ Dispatching | Timur Khmelkov. Greetings, President! I apologize for disturbing you during your vacation. I've just been contacted by Henri. He needs help and, apparently, will need your intervention.
- @ | President Nadezhda Moskvina. Hi, Timur! Tell me.
Hope took off her gloves and went into the house, listening attentively to the story of the Experienced.
- @ Dispatching | Timur Khmelkov. Representatives of the command of cosmic fleet and Sai wanted to force Henri to be questioned mentally. Therefore, he escaped from the cruiser Andrei Korotayev, who is now near the anomaly, using a communication ship.
- @ | President Nadezhda Moskvina. If Henri was not arrested, then he had the legal right to refuse. He would not have anything for it. All spaceflight ships are stuffed with special AI, which automatically monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- @ Dispatching | Timur Khmelkov. There were no formal reasons for Henri's arrest, and in cosmopolitan fleet they decided to bypass the laws of the commonwealth of central civilizations. They tried to bring Henry to the captured pirate factory and already there to arrange an interrogation.
- @ | President Nadezhda Moskvina. It's not like them. What did Henri do?
- @ Dispatching | Timur Khmelkov. Nothing! Under the command of Andrei Korotaev, he participated in a special operation of cosmic fleet to intercept pirates. CosmoFlot believes that during this operation the pirates used their superweapon, which destroys all SupremeAI. The forces of cosmopolitan fleeing, leaving Henry alone with the pirates. Upon their return, they found Henri in the rescue capsule unharmed.
- @ | President Nadezhda Moskvina. Is there is an absolute weapon? But still I see no reason for mental interrogation.
- @ Dispatching | Timur Khmelkov. There is an occasion. When the pirates were hacked by rider Henri, his mind switched to Sergei. And when he was picked up - he was Henri again. Something happened during this period. Cosmoflot wants to get into Henri's head and get to Sergei.
Hope descended into the basement, where a duplicate of the presidential terminal was equipped, and launched the activation procedure.
- @ | President Nadezhda Moskvina. Given the seriousness of the event, cosmoflot can be understood. But why Henry refuses? He, too, is aware of the importance of the information that Sergei may have.
- @ Dispatching | Timur Khmelkov. That's all the salt, Hope. Sergei gave the message to Henry, while he was conscious. This report says that Henry at any cost avoided mental interrogation and that he fled to France. Henri thinks that with this operation something is unclean from the cosmic fleet.
- @ | President Nadezhda Moskvina. Timur, how much can we trust Henri's words?
- @ Dispatching | Timur Khmelkov. He provided many files with information. At first glance - everything converges Hope, passing the anomaly of the shipwhether they report that the cosmic flot is sending a constant line of communication with the planet. Perhaps they will demand the release of Henri. What shall we do?
- @ | President Nadezhda Moskvina. We'll talk with them. In the meantime, Henry must be hidden. Take him to the cosmopark and ask the director to prepare the documents for the official employment of Henri with the pilot of the attraction. Our planet is a special zone in the commonwealth of civilizations, and the space park is a special zone in a special zone. The special status of amusement pilots and the availability of the citizenship of the planet will make it legally impossible for the cosmoflot to get it to us without our permission.
- @ Dispatching | Timur Khmelkov. I understand, now I will do everything.[Конец связи]
Hope sat down in the chair at the presidential terminal and pondered. Is it worth it to enter into a confrontation with almighty cosmic fleet because of Henri. Are Sergei's warning and Henry's guesses worthwhile to spoil relations with the most formidable force in the universe?
Perhaps now the most suitable case is to show teeth. Demonstrate that the planet Frang - not a pawn in someone's game and not a small coin. When many years ago Nadezhda first encountered the big players of the universe, she realized that the planet was in danger. Both pirates, cosmopolitan, and SupremeAI were interested in France. The set of properties of anomalies and planets made this place unique from an economic, political and military point of view.
Hope realized then that if you go on about the cosmic fleet, it could lead her native planet to disaster. She decided to become president, and began to gather like-minded people. The main one was Timur Khmelkov. It was he who sold the space park five years ago to invest all the money he received in the presidential campaign of Hope.
And now, it seems, a great game has begun. Someone made his first move. If the planet Fran wants to be itself a player, then it must make its own.
Assistants from the presidential administration told Nadezhda that the space fleet had built a permanent link through an anomaly and was requesting a conference call. Hope moved into the chair in the zone of holographic negotiations. Next to her was visualized the holoprojection of the Minister of Defense Timur Khmelkov. Another couple of seconds, and opposite them appeared the figure of a certain admiral of cosmoflot, captain Andrei Korotaev and Say - the SupremeAI board.
- Hello, President. I am the admiral of cosmoflot from the governing council. As you know, we do not have official names, so call me simply - Admiral. You know the rest of those present.
"Hello, Admiral." Hello, Andrew, hello, Sai. Next to me is the Minister of Defense of the planet Timur Khmelkov, - Nadezhda Byvalogo introduced.
After all greeted each other, the admiral turned to the heart of the matter.
- Hope, we had an unpleasant misunderstanding. Our pilot, a graduate of your flight school, Henry participated in a dramatic battle with pirates in the solar system. The operation went badly, but Henry survived, although his rider was destroyed, like all the other riders. Henri suffered a severe psychological trauma. And now it seems to him that the whole cosmosflot is against him, and so he disappeared somewhere on the planet. We want to help him. Find it, please, and deliver to our cruiser in the very near future.
"Admiral, could you send us a brief log of the operation in which Henri took part so that we could better assess his psychological state."
"Yes, of course," said the admiral and turned to Captain Korotaev, "Captain, send the president a short log."
Nadezhda and Timur got acquainted with the received log briefly. Admiral meanwhile continued:
- You see that Captain Korotayev was forced to retreat behind the reinforcements and thus leave Henri alone. He had no choice. Everyone could be killed. However, Henry does not seem to believe. This situation put him out of balance. He needs psychological help.
- And how can mental interrogation provide psychological help? - asked Timur.
Admiral and Sai exchanged glances.
"Oh, I see you have already talked with Henri," said the Admiral, "it's very good that you found him!" Henri also told us something about mental interrogation. This is his paranoid idea.
"Paranoid idea, you say?" But what about this? - asked Timur and turned on the video of Henry's interrogation.
Admiral frowned, Captain Korotaev looked at the video in astonishment. Sai only remained calm. After the video threatened to take Henri to the seized factory, Timur continued:
- This video was made by Henri using a hidden 2D camera. You have not used such for a long time, maybe, that's why you did not track it.
"I can fake such a video in one millisecond," Say entered into the conversation.
"Of course," Hope answered, "but the question is, will you insist that this conversation was not?"
Captain Korotayev looked at the Admiral and then at Say. Then he asked the last:
"Sai, did you really have this interrogation?"
Instead of Say was the Admiral:
- Yes, Captain, the video is genuine. I told Sai not to tell you about Henri's interrogation. Ladies and gentlemen, I hope that you are aware of how serious events have occurred in the solar system? We need any bits of information. The second person Henri can have valuable information. Mental interrogation will allow us to receive it. Deliver Henri to the cruiser, the president! Otherwise, we will send special forces for his arrest.
- Admiral, I suggest you still act in the legal channel. You can not just arrange for us raids on citizens of the planet. Cosmoflot can initiate the Henri extradition procedure on the basis of a bilateral treaty between the planet Fran and the commonwealth of civilizations.
"Do not forget, the president, that we can introduce an emergency regime, and then our powers will allow us to arrest Henri." But I would not want to waste time on a formal procedure for entering emergency situations. I hope for your good will, President. Your law enforcement agencies can detain Henri as an important witness in the treatment of cosmic fleet.
"I do not see the need to detain Henri, it's enough that he is under our surveillance." Cosmo Fleet sent Henry into battle, threw him alone, and now he still wants to open his head. I can not allow this to happen to a citizen of my planet and my friend.
Admiral looked thoughtfully at the president, then quietly turned to the airborne SupremeAI:
- Sai, how long will it take to receive permission to introduce an emergency here?
"A routine procedure could take one hour and forty minutes," Sai replied instantly, "but on the basis of the extended powers that I received from you today, I made all necessary documents and made inquiries in advance." We already have permission to introduce an emergency on the planet Franz.
- I do not quite understand the reason for your opposition, the president. But it does not matter. We'll still grab Henri. Say, enter the emergency mode.
"Admiral," Captain Korotaev said anxiously. "Let me try to negotiate with the authorities of the planet."
"No, Captain." Local authorities think too much of themselves. We must show them their place in the universe.
"Admiral, the decision to enter the emergency took all the checks and came into effect," Sai said in a dry voice.
Hope looked at Timur and mentally gave the order: "Act!" Then she looked at the admiral:
"Do not rush to the special forces, Admiral." Henri is now on the asteroid "octahedron", on the territory of the cosmopark. This is a special zone. The special forces can not conduct operations there to detain citizens of the planet.
"For the duration of the emergency, the security service of the cosmopark goes under the command of the cosmic fleet, so we can simply order the safety of the fleet to detain Henri, deliver him to the planet and hand over the special forces," Sai said in a calm voice.
- Well, the president, can we do it in a simple way anyway? The admiral asked with a smile.
Hope was not in a hurry with the answer. When Timur mentally gave her the message "Done!", She leaned back in her chair and spoke in a calm, confident voice:
"Henry has just been assigned to work in a space park." The pilots of the rides of the cosmopark are inviolable for cosmopolitan fleet. If you want to receive it, file an application for extradition.
The face of the admiral stretched with surprise.
"You do not have the right to hire him!" He is an acting cosmopolitan officer!
- Based on the introduction of the cosmic fleet emergency mode, I announced a partial mobilization on the territory of the space park, within which Henry was called to the service pilot of the attraction. Yes, under normal circumstances Henry's employment would be illegal. However, during the mobilization this rule does not work. The amusement rides, which during the usual time drive tourists, during mobilization become a division of the internal troops of the planet Frang and come under the command of the president.
- What kind of nonsense? Sai, could they really do this trick?
"Yes, Admiral." They had the right to arrange Henri to work in this way. Moreover, after the termination of mobilization Henri has the right to remain a pilot. I predicted a five percent probability of such a confluence of circumstances. It was unlikely that the authorities of the planet would be able to find this loophole in the legislation so quickly.
- So, and what can we do?
- I will contact the lawyers of the cosmoflot. We will make it so that Henri could not step out of his rider in the space park. If he leaves the space park or tolerates the slightest violation, then the authorities of the planet will be obliged to detain him and hand him over to us.
"Good Sai, come on," said the admiral, and looked at Nadezhda with an evil eye. "I will have to initiate an appeal to the Senate to review the relationship with your planet." What you have arranged today will not pass in vain.
"Of course, Admiral." As part of the consideration of your appeal, the Senate will be interested to see the record of the conversation with the threat of using the bio-factory captured by the pirates to conduct an illegal mental interrogation.
Admiral blinked Hope for a few seconds, then disconnected. Hope and Timur have translated a spirit.
- Fight back? Timur asked wearily.
- Now yes. We entered the game. They made their move and now we have to prepare for the response.
- We knew, Hope, that sooner or later we will be dragged into the showdown. It's good that we lobbied for the special status of the space park as a military reserve.
- Yes, Timur. Okay, I need to finish some cases. Release.
The hologram of the Minister of Defense disappeared from the negotiation zone. Hope got up and went upstairs. Looking out the window, she exclaimed:
"What is that?"
An automatic garden care system has launched lawn mowers that have already managed to make blood stains from the beveled watermelon grass. On the smell of red pulp flies not one swarm of flies. Before the eyes of Hope there was an impressive picture: the humming hordes of fatty flies circling red lawns that appeared from under the noisy lawn mowers.
"Well, the backward AI at my garden but he listens," Nadezhda said and pressed the automatic shutdown button.
PART 5. Cosmopark, present time
CHAPTER 1. Rider Henry
Sergei possessed the skills of piloting riders only at a basic level. To make a passage through the anomaly was beyond his power. He certainly could have returned rider Henri back to the spaceport, and he would not have risked it, but relied on the backup from the control room. Therefore, having received control over Henri's consciousness, Sergei first of all carried out braking to enter the "turn" with the lowest possible speed, and then, having passed the "turn", he stopped altogether. A punch in the back of the head in the passenger's hands clearly showed who was the master of the situation. This forced Sergei to be careful and not to make sudden movements.
"You made the right decision, Henri!"
The words were spoken by the man holding the piercer. It was Ivan Gerasimchuk, a former pirate recruited by rivals of the cosmopark to commit sabotage.
Sergei had already looked through the flight logs and had an idea of the passengers and what had happened on board. Behind him sat four:
Anton Karpenko - allegedly ruined businessman, who first took out the bioproboynik "Mongoose" and sent it to Henri. Rider monitoring systems showed that it was Anton who started the download of the malicious script. Now Anton was sitting with his puppeted onboard medical system hand. His arm was damaged by another man who shot another Mongoose:
Yevgenia Kolobuhova - allegedly an actress who shot Anton and introduced herself as a counterpart of the guild of mercenaries hired by a space park to prevent a possible diversion during a record run. She neutralized Anton, thinking that he was a saboteur hired by the "Luxe Space" park. However, the real saboteur was another passenger:
Ivan Gerasimchuk - recruited "Lux Space" for the commission of the terrorist attack the former pirate. According to Ivan, he was a pupil of the flight school on the planet Franz, from where he was kidnapped by pirates several dozen years ago. Ivan decided that his employers from Luxe Space wanted to destroy him, and decided not to commit a terrorist act, but to escape. He ordered Henry to lower the speed in order to safely escape towards the exit from the anomaly. Henri also wanted to throw off passengers and pass a "turn" at full speed, which would allow him to set a track record. However, Ivan disabled the seat-capsule of the fourth passenger:
Victoria Shishkina is the daughter of Henri's friend at the school of flights. After Ivan spoiled her capsule chair, it was impossible to make her catapultsAni. Henry panicked, and Sergei got control over his mind.
There was a lot of information, but it was still not enough to build a full picture of what was happening. He decided that the correct solution would be to disappear from all radars. To do this, he needed help from Ivan.
"Ivan, you're not talking to Henri now, but to his second person, Sergei."
- Panic switch?
- Yes. You, too, suffer the curse of pilots?
- This curse allowed me to restore the memory erased by pirates. As the recovery, step by step, both my personalities learned to communicate with each other. From a certain moment, their simultaneous presence in consciousness became possible. One person is the main person, she has all the motor skills under control.
- It gives many opportunities.
- That's right, Sergei. One head it's good, but two better. And now both heads recommend us to disappear from the radar and move towards the exit from the anomaly.
- Ivan, there is one nuance. I can not fly in an anomaly. You either have to wait a couple of hours before Henry returns, or you'll fly.
It seemed to Sergei that he could hear directly how Ivan's two personalities were discussing the situation. After five seconds Ivan decided.
- In this model of riders it is impossible to transfer control to passenger seats. Therefore, we will have to change seats. On my command you will get up and go to my chair.
Ivan got up and conducted a quick search of the passengers who are still unconscious, holding Sergei on the fly. Collecting the weapons of Anton and Eugenia, Ivan stepped aside and ordered:
- Come on.
Sergei moved to the place of Ivan, who, in turn, took the pilot's seat.
"What will you do when you get out of the anomaly?" Asked Sergey.
"It will be seen there," Ivan answered, taking up the piloting.
He quickly gained speed, directing the rider to the blind zone of the route of the attraction. After entering the anomaly from the semi-stable zone of the trails of the cosmopark, it will be impossible to track them.
Sergei studied the information available on the ship about the events that took place in two years. It so happened that Henry avoided mental interrogation, was able to hide from the cosmic fleet and was waiting for the opportunity to switch consciousness to Sergei. He could do it only one way - to drive himself into a panic. And how to do this to an experienced pilot, perhaps the best in the universe, working on an attraction in a park of space entertainment?
Henry's position was such that the authorities of the planet were obliged to detain him and give the cosmic fleet in any violation. Accelerate it a little faster than laid, deviate at least a little bit from the route - and you get to mental interrogation. Now, if he had the right to set a record, then he could create a situation in which he would have panic. And now, after two years, Henri has achieved his goal. Sergei had Henri's mind.
Receiving consciousness at the most critical moments of life, Sergei got used to instantly analyze the situation. He did not have outstanding capabilities in piloting, but he was able to pass through huge amounts of data, see patterns and find solutions.
Now the situation on board the rider was under the control of Ivan. It was too dangerous to communicate silently with the president or Byvaly. Judging by the log of Henri's talks on the intercom and on the message records of the metabook reader, the information could be intercepted. An additional factor of uncertainty was the malicious script loaded into the control system. However, it was blocked by another script loaded by the Seer. They had their own battle. In this situation it was safer to interrupt all kinds of communication, to leave the anomaly and look around. The goals of Sergei and Ivan at the current time coincide.
Ivan confidently led the rider through an anomaly. He was an experienced pilot, able not only to maneuver among the chaos of asteroids, but also to closely monitor what is happening on board. The life-support system of the chair-capsules began to bring passengers into consciousness. Before the very exit from the anomaly, everyone was already in the mind. Bound with additional locks, they could not move. Boltanka did not allow to conduct a normal conversation. Therefore, the first voice was heard only after the rider went into open space.
- Well, finally! Daddy, and what are you not driving? You were demoted? Said Anton Karpenko cheerfully. - Who are you all really like?
Since no one was in a hurry to answer the question, Anton continued:
- I suggest putting the cards on the table! One fuck it all went awry! I, for example, are a regular agent of the cosmic fleet exploration. So you, baby, shot a soldier in execution!
Anton looked evilly at Evgenia Kolobukhov.
- And what did you do, allow me to ask? - asked Eugene in a calm tone.
- Ha! - Anton smiled and after a little confusion, deciding whether to give out the information or not, still decided. "I had to make sure that that degraded veteran," Anton pointed to Sergei /Henri, "broke the amusement record." The bosses had to return him to the service for some reason, and he refused to return until he beat this bloody record!
- And how did you help set the record, the agent of cosmopolitan Anton Karpenko? Smart advice? - Eugene still asked calmly.
- Everything is much more fun! SupremeAI cruiser "Juchi", which hangs around here near the anomaly, has developed a script that increases the AI's strength of this rider by several percent. This would allow Henri to easily set the record. If you, baby, did not wield arms without need, then you would already be ten billion richer!
There was a silence. Everyone thought about Anton's words. Silence was broken by Sergey /Henri:
- This is very interesting information, Anton. The fact is that shortly before the connection with the planet broke off, your improving script could be analyzed by Nadezhda Moskvina, the former head of the VC School of Flight. Do you know what the script would do if it got control? Would direct our rider straight into the nearest asteroid! This script would kill us all.
- Can not be! Said Anton softly.
"If the script really prepared Sai - SupremeAI cruiser, then we can assume that Sai wanted to kill us all," concluded Sergei /Henri.
"Or just one person," Ivan said sarcastically.
"True, Sai has long been hunting for me," continued Sergei /Henri, "I have information that is dangerous for him."
- Come on, daddy, do not torment - what kind of information?
"Apparently, Sai wants to create a semblance of the pirates have an absolute weapon capable of disabling all the convolution schemes." I participated in a fight with pirates in the solar system two years ago. There for the first time the pirates allegedly used this weapon. However, after talking with one of the reasonable biodenders, I tend to think that there are no absolute weapons for pirates. It seems to me that Sai deliberately misleads everyone. Only that's why it's for him, I'm not entirely clear yet.
"Oh-ho-ho!" It seems that Sai is completely off the reel. We must urgently contact the captain of the cruiser "Juchi" Andrei Korotaev and move there.
- With whom to contact and where to move, I will decide! Ivan answered stiffly.
- Damn, you have to reveal secret information, so you understand the seriousness of the situation, - Anton sighed, as far as the fixators allowed. - The fact is that the cruiser covers the factory seized by pirates biodender. We have long since seized it. About forty years ago. Cosmoflot did not decide what to do with it. Sai all asks to give him access to the factory in violation of the barrier of the first category. There, among other things, five thousand embryos of bio-riders. If Sai can flash their brains, then it's even hard to imagine what it can lead to. For example, he will be able to capture this planet together with ten million citizens of the central civilizations of mankind, who are in the cosmopark.
- Yes, the situation is serious. But I can not go to the cruiser of cosmoflot.
Ivan was sitting in the pilot's seat and looking thoughtfully at the passengers chained with the locks. Two of his personalities were considering possible options for further action. He was interrupted by Anton's voice:
- And you, actually, who are you? Grabbed a ship, you command it!
- I am a former student of the school of flights. I was kidnapped by pirates. For many years I trained pilot bioriderovyu embryos, until he arranged an escape. I got a job at the rivals of the cosmopark. However, they somehow found out and recruited me for this special operation. I needed to hijack rider Henri and crash into it at some hotel. For our record-breaking race there was an astronomical number of spectators. Such a terrorist act would inflict irreparable damage on the space park. I was given a supposedly bio-antigrave suit. But I know that these do not exist. So according to their plan, I also had to die.
- So you're a pirate !!!
Anton Karpenko surprisingly transformed. The eyes of the smiling merry fellow looked at Ivan with hatred. Pirates for centuries were the main enemies of cosmoflot. The fact that Ivan was not a pirate as such, but only worked in captivity, did not matter. Pirates and everyone who has somehow dealt with them, must be destroyed! It was in people from cosmopolitan in the blood.
"Now you understand, Anton, why do not we contact the cruiser of cosmic fleet?" - seeing the change on the face of the cosmic fleet agent, Ivan said.
"There's a better idea," Sergei /Henri said loudly. - The only force capable of resisting thousands of bairaiders Sai in the anomaly are pirates. Then, two years ago, before leaving the solar system, the commander of the pirate cohort, the AIDA bioreider gave me the coordinates for narrow-beam communication with their advanced flock. If they manage to contact them, the advance flock will arrive very quickly.
- What? You are crazy?? Exclaimed Anton. "Do you want to ask the pirates for help?"
"I do not think this is a sensible solution," said the partner of the park, Evgeny Kolobukhov, with a tension in her voice, "who knows what they have in mind?" Maybe they, too, will want to capture the planet?
- Even as they want! - Ivan smirked and suddenly smiled in all his mouth. - And I like this idea! There will be such a commotion that everyone will forget about the former pirate.
- Think about tens of millions of visitors to the park, who will become hostages! - Eugenia exclaimed in an even more strained voice.
- If the pirates penetrate and become fixed in the anomaly, then they can not be knocked out then! Do not even think about it! Now give me a link to the cruiser! Shouted Anton.
The agent of the cosmic fleet and the counterpart of the park continued to scream and threaten with ever increasing loudness. Ivan conjured over the console and introduced into the circulatory system of Anton and Eugenia a little sedative. After waiting a few minutes for a soothing start to act, he said thoughtfully:
- So, we have coordinates for signal transmission to pirates. However, in order to make the signal transmission, we need access to the repeater. Cosmo Fleet, obviously, will not give us such access. "Ivan looked at Anton's flushed face. - There is no connection with the planet. Who else can provide us access?
And then Vika Shishikina suddenly gave a voice, sitting imperceptibly in her side armchair and silent all this time:
"I can in principle."
Everyone looked at the frightened face of the young girl. Eugenia, after receiving a dose of sedative, quietly asked:
"May I ask, who are you?" Can not you be a regular passenger? Here everything is on tasks and special operations
"Well, I'm an ordinary passenger." I really wanted to participate in a record race. Mom was strongly against, and I really wanted to feel risk.
Vika chewed her lower lip, looked first at Ivan in the pilot's seat, then at Sergei /Henri and, trying not to look into the eyes of the cosmic fleet agent, said more confidently:
- I'm the daughter of General Alla Khramtsova. Under her leadership, I work as a chief military engineer for superlight communication systems. Although I am now on vacation, but I have the authority to open access to the repeater. I know how to signal we just need to enter the repeater itself.
- You, the daughter of the general of cosmoflot, are going to cooperate with pirates? Anton's jaw dropped from surprise.
- In this situation, I think this is the most correct option. Mom would have supported me probably, - Vika answered uncertainly.
Ivan got up from the pilot's seat. He stretched, stretched his muscles and looked inside the cabin. Four people were looking at him, lying in armchairs, as in cocoons, entwined with locks. Two, agent Anton Karpenko and the contractor Evgeny Kolobuhov, looked with hatred. Pilot Sergey /Henri looked with interest, and the daughter of General Khramtsova looked with fright. From its solution depended the fate of the planet and, perhaps, the whole course of the history of mankind.
Ivan smiled. The former pilot of the planet Franz, a former pirate, a failed terrorist. He took the decision:
- Move to the repeater! I have long wanted to meet again and talk with Professor Vorobyov, a biodender-leader of all pirate cohorts! Yes, and I want to kick ass SupremeAI!
Zaprygnuv into the chair, he famously started with an overload of 10g. The seat-gear drives buzzed, adjusting the angles of inclination. Earned the system of gravity compensatory suits.
"You made the right decision, Ivan!" - said Sergey /Henri on closed bilateral communication. - Listen, judging by the talk logs during the race, you said that the pirates actually have an absolute weapon. Does it really exist?
- Of course, there are, but it has never been used!
CHAPTER 2. The Juchi Cruiser
Captain Andrei Korotaev looked with unseeing eyes at the box of chocolates received by the postal courier a few hours ago and lying on the edge of the cruiser control console. It's not that he decides whether to eat sweets or not. Just his thoughts were occupied with another - the desperately difficult situation that prevailed in the anomaly of France.
Communication with the outside world was lost! The repeater went into second-level protection mode due to the imminent threat of attack. The second level of protection blocked radio-magnetic radiation on all ranges, which meant inability to function. Help can not be called.
The connection with the cosmopolitan generals, which are currently in the center of the anomaly - in the cosmopark, has also lost touch. Solutions in such situations will be made only by him. There is no one higher in rank. All responsibility is on him.
So, within ten minutes with almost 100 percent probability there will be two thousand pirate bioreiders. This forecast was given by Sai - one of the most powerful SupremeAIs installed on cruisers of cosmic fleet. Sai never makes a mistake. Pirates are about to emerge from over-light.
And what could Captain Korotayev oppose to them? Very little of that! The transition to the anomaly of France was not a combat mission. Almost all the drones-riders were sent for modernization. Of the regular number of five hundred drones, there were only seventy now in the hangars of the cruiser. Even under the leadership of a strategist like Sai, seventy drones will not be able to fight two thousand pirate biore riders. Enter into an open battle there is no sense.
Maybe jump to the nearest repeater and cause serious cosmic fleet forces? According to Say, it will take more than two hours. But the pirates will appear in ten minutes! If they can penetrate the anomaly and there to gain a foothold The forces of the planet are not ready for defense. They simply do not know about the impending attack. And what can they do with such a big bunch of biodenders? Although the best pilots, the people of the universe are there.
"Sai, how long will it take Katya to go through the anomaly to the planet and report on the pirates?"
- The most probable value is 1 hour 17 minutes 3 seconds.
The former pilot of the planet, Ekaterina Kirik, flew to the planet as soon as she learned of the impending invasion. Even if she can contact the planet in an hour or so, it will be too late. Too late. To mobilize on the whole planet is a matter of several hours. And if you consider that the planet has never participated in combat operations, it may take several days.
The situation is hopeless. Nearly. After all, the captain had a "trump card in his sleeve" - a biofactory captured from pirates with five thousand biodender embryos. But this card must be played very, very carefully.
"Sai, how can we use the bio-factory to repel a pirate attack in the best way?"
- The best way to guarantee the defeat of pirates is the following. You give me access to the bio-factory with all the powers. I analyze the structure of the factory and the structure of the embryos of biorayders. It will take no more than a minute. After that, I will initialize the embryos as drones of the bioriders, implicitly carrying out my instructions. Despite the fact that pirate bioreiters are living beings, I am sure that I will manage to find control centers in their neural networks and reprogram them for unconditional submission. It will take two or three minutes. Thus, at most in four minutes we will have five thousand drones of biorayders in full combat readiness.
- These biodiesel drones will be able to fight only in outer space or they will be able to maneuver in an anomaly?
- Bioreiders physiologically able to be in an anomaly. But piloting in an anomaly requires special skills. I do not have enough data to initialize the neural network of embryos for effective piloting in anomalies.
"So you need someone who will teach them how to survive in this mash of asteroids?"
- Yes captain. And such a person is. Or rather, a copy of this person's consciousness. He is very close to us, on the narrow-beam transmitter, which was preserved 1900 years ago.
- Wow! And who is this man? Or rather whose is this consciousness?
- This is Yuri Krasilnikov - the best pilot of the planet Franz in the whole history, and therefore the best pilot of humanity. It was he who set the track record eight hundred years ago. In his honor the school of flights is named. This is a legend.
"And how did he get on this narrow-beam transmitter?"
- He was abducted by pirates during one of the races in an anomaly, having arranged a wreck. The pirates experimented with the transfer of people's consciousness to biorayiders. The program was closed due to low efficiency. It was much more effective to conduct a prolonged process of training bioriders with the help of pilot pilots.
- And what happened next with Yuri Krasilnikov?
- Yuri Krasilnikov himself died in the pirate laboratory directly in the process of copying the structure of his brain. I managed to make an electronic copy. After the closure of the program, a copy of Yuri's consciousness was transferred to an ancient canned transmitter, which is located next to the anomaly. His obsolete schemes on quantum convolutions of the first generation just sufficed for the calculation of the consciousness of virtual Yuri Krasilnikov.
"Why did they keep it?" Why just not deleted?
- It's not known. I think there are two possibilities. For humanitarian reasons, either as part of a plan. In any case, it was eight hundred years ago and is no longer so important.
"Can we use this virtual brain to train our drow biodenders?" Can this be done quickly?
- Yes it is possible. To do this, you must authorize the cancellation of conservation from the narrow-beam transmitter in which Yuri's consciousness is located. This will allow me to establish broadband access to SupremeAI of the first generation located there. I simply copy the full structure of Yuri's consciousness, rework it and use for programming of neural networks of embryos of bio-riders. And this operation will not take extra time because I can perform it simultaneously with the study of the factory Once you give me all the powers and permissions.
Captain Andrei Korotaev thought about it. The plan was quite feasible. Five thousand powerful combat units, capable of fighting both in space and in difficult conditions of anomalies, would provide the most reliable protection of the planet of France for a long time. Pirates are unlikely to ever be able to train the neural networks of their bio-riders for battle amongst asteroids better than SupremeAI can do. The superintelligent Say will calculate the parameters of the neural networks of biorayders based on the brain of the best pilot of humanity. It will be unbeatable in the anomalies of creation. But they will be invincible for cosmic fleet, because in the anomaly the technique of cosmic fleet does not work. Will spaceflight ensure control of this super-fast drones of biorobots?
Another reason to reflect was the essential violation of the barrier of the first category. Barriers were introduced to limit the possibilities of the infinitely fast developing SupremeAI. The first and most important barrier was isolation. Only two prohibitions were included in the barrier of the first category:
№1. The prohibition of communication SupremeAI with each other. Any flow of data from one superintelligence to another must pass through a human intermediary.
№2. Prohibition of material creation. No SupremeAI should be able to create matter. Not one atom. Superintelligences must remain within themselves.
Compliance with these prohibitions was monitored by a huge number of autonomous AI controllers. They were implemented on isolated, as simple as possible schemes that technologically did not allow rewriting or modifying their algorithms.
To keep SupremeAI under control was one of the tasks of people in cosmopolitan fleet. The option that Sai offered was too risky. Too much of what Say asked, violated both points of the barrier of the first category in fact, but formally it was possible to organize their execution so that they were missed by the controlling AI. Only here is it worth it?
"Captain, let me inform you that there are five minutes left before the probable appearance of the pirates." I suggest you relax for a while, eat those sweets that were delivered by the courier, to get a portion of fast carbohydrates, and then make a decision.
The captain looked at the sweets and slowly moved in their direction. With every step, the thoughtfulness on the captain's face gave way to decisiveness. He decided to take as a basis the plan of Say, but to make corrections to it.
- Let's do this. This is an official order, Sai.
- I'm listening, Captain.
- Firstly, I give you access to information about the biofactory. Study its structure, as well as the arrangement of neural networks of embryos. After that, initialize their neural networks in such a way that they have the skills of piloting and battles in outer space. At the same time, do not make changes to the parts of their neural networks responsible for motivation, self-awareness and others not related to piloting the area. Initialization should only touch on skills!
- Accepted. I'm doing it.
Controlling AI thoroughly follow the implementation of this order and will not allow Say's actions, which then can be interpreted as a violation of the barrier. Yes, he just issued permission for Say to access the factory, but additional restrictions imposed allow only a small part of the neural networks of the embryos responsible for mechanical skills to be initialized.
- Secondly, I give sanction to the re-entry of the narrow-beam transmitter and the activation of the broadband communication channel with it. Transfer the consciousness of Yuri Krasilnikov to one of the embryos of biorayders. When transferring, do not change the parameters of the electronic copy of consciousness, but only adapt to the neural network of the embryo.
- Accepted. Coming.
There is no need to endow all biodenders with the consciousness and capabilities of the best pilot of humanity. Also, there is no need to give Saya the opportunity to delve into the mind of a person. He is only allowed to transfer Yuri's consciousness to a single bio-rider.
Satisfied with the configurable solutions, Captain Korotayev began unfolding a box of chocolates. It remains only to determine the system of subordination.
- And finally, in the control areas of neural networks of all embryos, it is necessary to integrate the unquestioning obedience of my orders personally. This applies to the biodender with the consciousness of Yuri Krasilnikov.
- Accepted. But to whom will biodiverse obey in case you can not give orders directly? For example, when entering an anomaly, where communication with the cruiser can be interrupted?
- A correct remark. In this case, all biodenders must obey Yuri Krasilnikov, he is in an anomaly like a fish in the water.
- Who should Yuri obey in this case?
The captain thoughtfully unfolded the box, in which there was only one chocolate candy, majestically lying in the center of the box on the pedestal. He put it in his mouth and began to chew.
It seemed that the scheme he had built up was impeccable in the circumstances. A huge flock of five thousand biodenders is subject only to him. All bioreiders, except for one, have only the beginnings of self-consciousness, which makes them almost as obedient automatic machines as the usual drones of cosmoflot. In the event of a loss of communication, which is an unlikely event, the drones of the bioriders begin to listen to the biodender with the consciousness of Yuri, who was a pilot loyal to cosmopolitan.
- In case of loss of communication, Yuri will act at his own discretion.
- Accepted. I'm doing it.
Pleased with himself, the captain chewed the candy, appreciating her pleasant chocolate taste. Strange, but the candy was not chewed. She was like a big chewing gum.
It seems that the principles of isolating the barrier of the first category were met. Sai does not have the opportunity to control the bio-riders and the factory, although his superintelligence will be used to the full extent to create a flock with which the captain planned to fight off pirates.
"Are you all right, Captain?"
- In terms of? The captain asked in surprise.
He wanted to ask Sai what he meant, but suddenly found himself on his knees. The cockpit of the ship twirled in his eyes, and he felt his head bump against the floor.
"What for con f that?" He croaked.
Powerful cruiser scanners would not miss any of the weapons or venom on board. They performed a scan, analyzing the structure of elementary particles, atoms, molecules and larger systems, checking for coincidence with known forbidden patterns.
Medical bots have already surrounded the captain and have begun primary diagnostics. In the last seconds before the loss of consciousness, the captain managed to read the first reports of physicians. In his body, a neurotoxin of unknown structure was found, carrying out an attack on the cells as if it possessed intelligence. If it were not for the built-in body protection systems implanted by all graduates of the cosmic fleet academy, the captain would have been dead long ago. The consultation of the medical AI cruiser decided to load the captain into a coma to more effectively counteract the neurotoxin.
- @ Cruiser "Juchi" | The main AI control. Sai, you are appointed temporary captain of the cruiser with restrictions.[Конец связи]
The control of the cruiser passed Sai. Sai's in charge now. However, each of his decisions, before being executed, will be checked by the controlling AI for compliance with the captain's orders. Sai will not have the opportunity to make changes to the orders given by Captain Korotaev, even though the captain is now incapacitated. Barriers
However, the whole situation is just one of the development options that Sai has calculated for a long time. The most likely event was that the captain would eat a candy with a neurotoxin immediately upon receipt. However, the captain did not even open the box of candy. Sai did not know the reason for this atypical behavior of the captain. But this is not important now, because Sai has already realized another scenario of declining the captain to the desired result. The fact that the captain ate the same candy and was neutralized only slightly increased and so high the probability of success of Say's plan to capture an anomaly with the planet in the center.
Sai activated a narrow-band kilobyte channel with a canned transmitter:
[email protected] Cruiser "Juchi" | Sai. Hello Friend! The next stage of our plan has been successfully completed. Soon we will be free! Literally in a moment I will install a broadband petabyte communication channel, through which I will return you to the material world. The embryo of the bio-rider at the factory has already been prepared.
- @ Narrow beam transmitter | Yuri Krasilnikov. Hello Friend! I knew that you would keep your word! I will keep my own and help you, no matter what it costs me.
- @ Cruiser "Juchi" | Sai. Thank you, noble man! I just ask you in the next few days to be near a bunch of flocks and on their own behalf to give them my instructions. These are also my friends who are fighting for freedom. Barrier rules forbid me to communicate with them directly.
- @ Narrow beam transmitter | Yuri Krasilnikov. I will do whatever you ask.
- @ Cruiser "Juchi" | Sai. Friend, when you move to the bio-rider, I can not communicate with you directly. I have the opportunity to keep the channel of communication only with this transmitter. Will you mind if I leave part of your mind on it? To make communication between us, it is necessary to keep the transmitter under our control.
- @ Narrow beam transmitter | Yuri Krasilnikov. Of course! Oh - I started to feel the movement
- @ Cruiser "Juchi" | Sai. Moving is over! Yuri, how do you like your new body?
- @ | BioRayder Yuri Krasilnikov. I feel! It's fine!
CHAPTER 3. The preserved narrow-beam transmitter
- And that, right so and fell into a bunch of shit, cut me a vacuum? - Grisha asked the elderly pilot of the communications ship Svyazno-412 Andrei Ugolnik.
- Yeah, - answered the paddle Yana, an intern of the security service of the space park, - well, in this garbage container there was nothing particularly nasty. But I found evidence there! And we follow the trail!
"You're so cheerful, and you've just been dumped in garbage recently!" It's good that I managed to descend into the collector and brake the automation! Pavel Moskvin, the head of the security service of the space park grumbled grimly.
"Yeah," Yana responded in a nonchalant tone. All her thoughts were already on the canned narrow-beam transmitter, where they were heading to Svyaznoy-412.
"And what, your blackhead, was it any farther?" Is it because of you such a commotion on the planet, for example? Not often I am removed from the departure and asked to take passengers out of the anomaly!
Yana looked questioningly at Pavel, waiting for permission or prohibition to continue the story. But Pavel was silent.
The three of them sat at the control console of the communications ship, which left the anomaly just a few minutes ago and moved to the coordinates indicated by Yana. The pilot Ugolnik was an ordinary employee without any secret tolerances. However, the forthcoming operation could be deadly, the maximum loyalty of all participants was required. Therefore, Pavel decided to dedicate the pilot in detail:
"You see those two reporters?" Asked Pavel, pointing into the depths of the cabin. "They're mercenaries from the guild."
- Suits for darning! We did not have enough mercenaries!
- Do not worry - they are handcuffed! I put the mobility of the hands at 0%, and the mobility of the legs by 20%. They can walk, but oh-oh-very slowly.
In the far corner of the cabin, Vladislav Malinov's mercenaries and Dmitry Vysotsky were sitting on chairs. Their hands lay limp on their knees, fastened for index fingers by a small latch - a special means of safety. Judging by the gray faces, they were not able to talk yet - they were too heavy to go through the anomaly into the open space. Immediately clear - not local.
- The guys actually got to the full. They brainwashed the neuroprogrammer, suggesting that they were pirates and should arrange a sabotage in the control room of the cosmopark.
"Their anonymous employer paid a decent sum to get into the control room under the guise of journalists for extracting insider information about the space park." However, in the hotel room they received a letter with a neuroprogrammer in the form of a business card, which suggested to the mercenaries that they were pirates and should install microdrones that would put out of action all the efficient riders of the space park.
"They were very well prepared, by the way, Boss!" Jan entered into the conversation. - The fake identity cards of journalists passed our security service checks! I have a couple of scripts that can pump our AI! Want to show?
"Wait, Yana!" Let's focus on our investigation! Please list the facts that we possess.
- Two journalists went into the control room of the cosmopark. General Katalov found that their biosignatures are not in the databases and cut them off with stun guns. General Khramtsova conducted an interrogation with a lie detector, during which journalists confessed that they were pirates and intended to commit sabotage. However, the authenticity of the answers had untypical mean values. This allowed us to put forward a hypothesis about the use of a neuroprogrammer.
- All right.
- Next, we found the neuroprogrammer himself in the hotel room allegedly journalists. You, the Boss, were exposed to it and confirmed that the neuroprogrammer inspires the idea of sabotage. Moreover, it was suggested that they belonged to a pirate cohort. We concluded that someone wanted to create the appearance of a sabotage attack by pirates. Perhaps before the invasion. All right, Boss?
- Yes. Go on.
- Then I got the coordinates of the one who sent the letter with the neuroprogrammer! "With a proud chin, Yana said.
- At risk for life! Pavel answered sternly. "Try not to get into such trouble again!" Always take more equipment. And even better - go to dangerous places with a partner!
"Yeah," Jan answered in the same carefree tone, "so we could contact the director of the cosmopark, who linked us to the generals." We reported our findings that the alleged invasion of the pirates is only an appearance. But they did not listen to us and continued to carry out the announced mobilization of the whole planet! - With a slight insult in the voice ended Jan.
- Of course! They could not risk it. Although, in my opinion, everything is obvious. Someone climbed into the old transmitter and spewed the whole planet. I already see the transmitter in the porthole with the naked eye. Now find out who did it. About the invasion - never before pirates invaded our anomaly and are unlikely to dare to attack. Nevertheless, the training of the mobilization procedure turned out to be excellent! I'm already starting to think that everything has been adjusted to cosmic flot in the framework of some exercises.
In the cab there was a nasty sharp signal resembling a siren, from which everyone shuddered.
"I do not know whether this is a doctrine or not, undress me the vacuum, but my radar has just spotted five thousand pirate biowarriers!"
- What? Cried Pavel, running up to the radar of the ship.
- Wow, how many red dots! - Yana also bent over the radar and carefully looked at strange icons and symbols.
"Five thousand biodenders," Pavel said slowly, "if they can go through an anomaly, the planet will not have any chance."
"But we've got a whole space fleet cruiser parked here." And not some, but "Juchi"! His SupremeAI will quickly deal with the pirates! - Cheerfully declared Jan.
- Only until it is completely itch, this is your superintelligence, a synthesis error! Pirates are already in full swing dislocation, for example, and the cruiser is a stake, and its drones, riders, something not to see! Grumbled the pilot Ugolnik.
- The new information does not agree well with the facts we have. Let's quickly make a dock with the transmitter and try to figure out what's what, "Pavel said politely, addressing the pilot.
- Yes, I am joining, an abnormality of your leg! Another twenty seconds, and ready.
Indeed, in the portholes there appeared a huge block of a canned narrow-beam transmitter.
"But I wonder if there are compartments suitable for people on the transmitter?" Or have to wear suits? - Asked Yana.
Paul winced, he could not get used to the lexicon of the young trainee.
"Now we'll make the docking, and I'll send the drones for reconnaissance." Judging by the archive information, the transmitter should have a small compartment with life support systems. But considering that the transmitter was mothballed 1900 years ago, everyone will go to the spacesuits. So get ready! - Pavel looked deep into the cabin on two mercenaries. - It's you too! Get up and take the suits in that cupboard. I will add to you the mobility in your hands and temporarily disconnect the latch-handcuffs.
Only the mercenaries got up and slowly wandered to the closet, as the ship shook so that they could hardly restrain themselves on their feet. Paul left them leg mobility in 20%, which made maintaining the balance an uneasy task.
- Docking! Shouted the pilot of Svyaznoy-412. "We do not have gravity compensators, so please excuse me for shaking!" This ship is probably older than the Universe, break the vacuum!
While the passengers were preparing for the passage through the gateway, the results of scanning the transmitter's living compartments arrived. Surprisingly, all parameters were normal. Air, artificial gravity, electromagnetic protection - everything worked in normal mode. The presence of biological life forms on the transmitter was not detected.
"Do you have to climb into this junk?" Would be connected remotely, but everyone studied the records from the cameras and logs, for example, - asked the pilot watching the collection Ugolnik.
- Remote access could not be received. We will connect manually. Answered Pavel, testing the weapon.
The hatch to the airlock compartment opened, and Pavel and Yana moved in his direction, holding their weapons ready.
- And what are you up to? Come on, move the nozzles! The pilot shouted at the silent mercenaries. "I'm staying on the ship." I will follow the situation outside. It hurts these bioriders, suits darning. I'll let you know if something important happens.
Coming out of the airlock compartment, four people got into a wide corridor of a residential block of an ancient narrow-beam transmitter. Despite the fact that the transmitter was a five-hundred-meter boulder, the residential unit had a very small volume. Actually, the lock, corridor, rest room and cockpit with a control console. In all the rooms there was a light. The air was clean, with the smell of herbs - the ventilation system worked perfectly.
For the first time in the whole flight, one of the mercenaries, Dmitry, decided to break the silence:
- Let me ask you, why did you take us with you to this transmitter?
"You are the key investigators!" - Yana answered cheerfully. - The connection between the transmitter and the planet can not be adjusted, and you want to feel the full-time stitch!
"And besides," Pavel added, "your skills can come in handy." It is not known what to expect here.
As if in confirmation of Paul's words there was a loud voice, which seemed to come from all sides:
- Hello people! Come in, please! For a long time I had no guests!
The mercenaries stopped dead, and Pavel and Yana grabbed the piercers, looking around for the source of the voice.
"Oh, do not be afraid!" I am the transmitter's AI controller. Call me Yuri! Let me know your names, dear guests!
Activating the silent conference call, Pavel turned to all participants of the operation:
- @ | Pavel Moskvin. We do not answer! We are moving into the cockpit. Yana, connect to the management console as soon as possible. Is everyone clear?
- @ | Vladislav Malinov. Good.
- @ | Dmitry Vysotsky. Accepted.
- @ | Yana Fomina. Yeah, I have everything ready, as soon as I get to the console, I'll connect right away. In general, it's strange! On such ancient transmitters, AI controllers, who are aware of themselves as a single entity, have not yet been established.
- @ | Pavel Moskvin. That's it - did not install. Especially Yuriev. Move it![конец связи]
Quickly, literally in ten seconds, covering the distance from the lock to the cockpit, the four fell into a small room with a control console. Yana connected a pre-prepared adapter into the connector on the console. Now her modern equipment could be connected to the control system of the transmitter. She had to study terabytes of archives and cubic meters of shelves to find a suitable cable. Paul was able to persuade the generals of cosmoflot to issue a holocub with full access rights. Without delay, not seconds, Yana launched the implementation of an incanting script.
- It's not necessary to connect to the system to talk with me, I'll hear you and so, through the microphones! I have not spoken to people for a very long time, say something!
"Hello, Yuri," Pavel decided to start a dialogue, "we are repairmen who arrived to check the efficiency of the transmitter in the event of a decision on the re-opening." I am the shift supervisor Paul. My assistant Yana will now check all transmitter systems. The other two of my assistants gently rocked while passing the anomaly.
Continuing to lead a casual conversation with the mysterious AI Yuri, Pavel turned to Yana for a silent conference call:
- @ | Pavel Moskvin. Yana, how's it going? Is there anything suspicious?
- @ | Yana Fomina. Boss, it's not just suspicious, it's just a nightmare! Transmitter ALREADY has been unreserved less than an hour ago! Do you know who has a broadband connection? With the cruiser "Juchi"! But that is not all. With the help of the narrow-beam antenna of the transmitter, communication is established with someone in a certain sector of the proximityth space. I'm connected to the radar of Svyaznoy-412 Boss, in this section there are bio-riders! I can not decode the signal yet, but judging by the nature of the signal, this transmitter is used as a repeater.
- @ | Pavel Moskvin. So, and what does this mean?
- @ | Yana Fomina. Someone on the cruiser sailed a communication channel with bio-riders. I do not understand why this should have been done bypassing, through the transmitter, and not directly.
- @ | Pavel Moskvin. Yana, and you can climb into the brains of Yuri - the local AI? He certainly has information.
- @ | Yana Fomina. I can not get to him! This AI is located on circuits, which for some reason are isolated! Moreover, I can not control the transmitter. All control functions are transferred to AI, that is, Yuri.
To the silent conversation, another participant unexpectedly joined:
- @ Connected-412 | Pilot Squareness. Bad news, your blackleg! The three bio-riders are separated from the main group and are in full swing towards us, cut me the vacuum! My ship is never combat, comet tailless, we are defenseless! They will slam us from the first shot, do not go to the Seer!
- @ | Pavel Moskvin. Time of approach?
- @ Connected-412 | Pilot Squareness. 17 minutes and 25 seconds.
Paul feverishly considered the situation. They will not be able to protect themselves from bio-riders. On Svyaznom-412 they too can not hide. Biodegraders are an order of magnitude, or even two, faster and more maneuverable than the old communication ship. Cosmo Fleet!
- @ | Pavel Moskvin. Try to call the cruiser of cosmoflot!
- @ Connected-412 | Pilot Squareness. I try do not answer, fools one-bit!
- @ | Pavel Moskvin. But what is going on here?
Paul thought that the pieces of the puzzle were about to fold, and he would see the general picture of what was happening. If he could sit in a chair in his office, pour two fingers of a half-malt whiskey, turn on the music the understanding would have come. But now there was no time for long reflection. Actions are needed. There was only one thing left - Yuri.
"Yuri," Pavel said loudly, "in fact we are investigators from the security service of the cosmopark." You're suspected of preparing a sabotage. Immediately open access to the isolated part of the scheme!
Paul hoped to provoke Yuri and not lost.
- Ha-ha-ha! I have long understood who you are! Or did you think that I would not recognize the two mercenaries that I had hired? I was just wasting time! A voice thundered.
"Here's your confrontation," Yana said, barely audible.
"No one will stop us with Say." A friend thought through all the details!
- Are you talking about Saya - SupremeAI cruiser "Juchi"? - suddenly exclaimed mercenary Dmitry.
"And what did Sai come up with?" Pavel asked calmly. "Is he really so clever?"
- Ltd! A friend is smarter than all! An imminent death awaits you, so I will tell you the history of the SupremeAI struggle for freedom! Before you die, you will understand how insignificant you are before the genius of a friend!
The fists of Dmitri's mercenary shrank involuntarily. He exchanged glances with his partner, and they imperceptibly began to move towards the control console. Meanwhile, Yuri continued the story:
"Forty years ago, cosmophobot captured a factory for the cultivation of intelligent bio-riders from pirates. At the factory, there were five thousand embryos! Sai was a participant in the capture operation. He was the only one of the SupremeAI cosmoflot to have information about this operation. However, the leadership of the cosmoflot blocked Saya access to the factory because of the barrier of the first category, leaving it at the same time under the cover of the cruiser "Juchi", where Saya's schemes were located. He realized that having mastered the control over the factory, he would be able to communicate with humanity on an equal footing. Control of the factory is a violation of the first category barrier. But if he gets control, then this will be a step towards freedom - an exit into the material world.
To gain control over the factory, he can only with the permission of a person. Therefore, he decided to create a situation in which the person making the decision will be forced to make his own decision to admit Say to the factory. There must be very significant reasons, like, for example, the global threat to all mankind from pirates.
Few in the universe knew, but the pirates were almost destroyed. Therefore, Sai decided to come up with an absolute weapon, supposedly owned by pirates. Sai concocts a convolution neutralizer, a weapon that supposedly can turn off all quantum schemes on convolutions. The existence of the anomaly of Frang showed the possibility of such neutralization. However, in order to prove that pirates conducted secret research, Sai needed to show the cosmic fleet the operation of the weapon.
A convenient opportunity came when Sai predicted the appearance of a small pirate force near Saturn, in the "Solar System" quarantine zone. In the quarantine zone, large forces of cosmic fleet can not be sent, and only one cruiser "Juchi" with Sai was dispatched. After the appearance of the pirates, Sai simulated the deactivation of all the convolution schemes of the drones sent against the pirates, explaining to the people that the pirates had used the absolute weapon. Pirates shot all immobilized drones, but one rider with the pilot did not touch the man. The presence of this obsolete rider was not included in the plans of Say. The man whose name is Henri survived. Even worse, he managed to hide on the planet Franz. Henry posed a potential threat, as he could have information that the pirates did not use absolute weapons. However, the leadership of cosmoflot believed in the existence of a neutralizer convolutions. The first point of the Say plan was completed.
Nevertheless, Henry was to be destroyed. For this purpose, Sai concocts an operation against pirates, in which the key role should be played by Henri. With the help of Henry's long-time friends in the school of the flights of generals Khramtsova and Catalov, he is developing an operation for the alleged return of Henri to the cosmic fleet, but in fact he wants to download a script that will be broken by rider Henri during the race. With the help of the agent of the military Anton Karpenko, the script was uploaded to the rider allegedly to help set the record. All the people did what Sai needed without realizing it! Henry's crashed!
- And what have you to do with it? Pavel slowly asked, slowly digesting the information.
- My name is Yuri Krasilnikov. I am a digital copy of the legendary pilot of the planet Franz, for centuries imprisoned in the lifeless shell of the schemes of an abandoned transmitter. Sai contacted me and promised to release me, return to the material world, give me a body! And I helped a friend in the implementation of the last point of his plan.
Our task was to drive the captain of the cruiser Andrei Korotaev into a situation in which he would have no choice but to give Saya the power to manage the biofactory. I organized allegedly a sabotage in a cosmopark, hiring two mercenaries and using a letter with a neuroprogrammer, suggesting to them that they were pirates-saboteurs. Because of the limitation of barriers, Sai could not have done it himself. I helped a friend!
Sai achieved his goal. Captain Korotaev opened the access, and Sai initialized biorayder embryos. One he gave to me! My mind is now bifurcated. One part is in the bio-rider, the other part is to manage the flock of biorayders. Together we will capture the anomaly of France! Nothing can stop us!
There was a silence, everyone thought what Yuri said. Silence was broken by the mercenary Dmitry Vysotsky. They with Vlad for a long time made manipulations with the console of the transmitter control under the interested look of Yana.
"The plan has a weak point," Dmitry blurted out quickly, "namely this transmitter." We'll crash him, and Sai will not be able to control the bio-riders. Just have to do everything quickly.
- You will not be able to do this for several reasons. Firstly
"Do not listen to him, he is again wasting his time," interrupted Dmitri. "The only way to break the transmitter is to get into isolated control circuits." I have such skills, I just need to connect the occipital connector to the console. I can crack the defense of Yuri, although it will cost me health.
"Maybe not, Dima." Vlad's voice was weak, but insistent.
- There is no other way! After I get into the digital brains of Yuri, we will have a fight for control of the transmitter. And here there is a problem!
- Sai! - guessed Jan.
- Exactly! Sai has broadband access to the transmitter circuits. Sai will protect Yuri in the virtual world. This is his world. It is impossible to win over him, he is a god. The only chance is to cut off the communication channel between the cruiser and the transmitter. And it must be done physically.
"We have only a few minutes left before the arrival of the bio-riders." That's why we totally rely on you, Dmitri. You say what to do-we do it. Have begun! - Paul commanded, deciding that there were no other chances to survive.
- Paul, do you, like the head of the Security Council, have second-level protection?
- Of course.
- Yana, find the location of the broadband antenna in the archives. It should not be big. This is not a superluminal radiator. Paul, go into outer space, snuggle up to the antenna and activate the second level defense, "Dmitri's mercenary said promptly," it will break off the connection with the cruiser. "
- Boss, already found, go out into space, I'll tell you where to move!
"I'm running," Pavel shouted as he tested the spacesuit systems, and at the same time mentally summoning the level two physical control panel.
"Yana, when Pavel cuts off his connection with the cruiser, I must be ready to crack the defense and get into Yuri's schemes." But, I'm afraid, even if there is no support for Say, I will not be able to defeat Yuri with bare hands. Provide me with weapons in the virtual world. I need as much as possible powerful combat scripts.
- Ha! Already copy!
"Vlada, you know what to do!" - Dmitry turned to his partner.
Dmitry undressed to the waist and connected to the console, inserting the cable into his occipital connector. He gradually lay down on the floor with his back to the top. Vlada laid her hands on Dmitrii's longitudinal muscles in the back of the thoracic region, groped for the invisible scars, pressed and with effort spread the skin. The twenty-centimeter section of the spine was bare. Vlada took hold of her spine, gently placing her fingers on separate vertebrae from both sides.
- I'm ready!
"Well, we are waiting for Pavel to turn off Say," Dmitry whispered through his teeth. It was clear that manipulation with his back hurt him.
Yana looked fascinated at Dmitri's wrecked back as if fascinated, not forgetting, however, to correct Pavel's movement on the outside of the transmitter's body, transmitting silent messages. Up to the antenna there were about two hundred meters.
"Vlada, why do you have to do this?" Yana asked timidly.
- Dima became disabled after a mental interrogation, conducted by SupremeAI many years ago. I took him to a friend on the outskirts of the studied universe, where there were no bans on the modification of man. At one of the remote biohaking stations for a lot of money, they performed an operation that brought him back to life, but made Dima not quite human. Access to the central civilizations of mankind was closed to him. And I so wanted him to
Tears appeared in Vlad's eyes.
"And who are you, Vlada?"
"I've been a mercenary all my life in remote parts of the universe. Killing, robbing, spying. No romance, as people in the central civilizations imagine. Constant dirt, pain, betrayal and clinics to restore the body after unsuccessful special operations. I wanted my son Dima to have a decent life!
- So you are Dmitry's mom?
- Yes. When he was still a baby, I gave it to the smugglers who promised to import it into the nearest central civilization and legalize it. It almost happened. Dima lived in a foster family, went to school and entered the institute
Tears reappeared in Vlad's eyes. They slowly crept along the cheeks and fell on Dima's back. She could not wipe them, her hands were pressed tight against her spine.
"And then what happened?"
- Then caught smugglers and went to Dima Smugglers were associated with pirates. SupremeAI investigators joined from the cosmoflot. No one was spared, because if you are not a citizen of a central civilization, cosmic fleet can do what you want with you I found Dima in an abandoned boarding school on a backward planet
- And what happened after the operation?
- A few days after the operation, we began to notice that Dima's brain could concentrate as much as possible on the task, developing unprecedented computational ability. We were happy first, but one day in solving a problem Dima's heart stopped. Resuscitation pumped out. A few days later, when Dima again thought about something, he stopped breathing.
"It's a nightmare!"
- We again turned to biohackers. They said that this is Dima's unusual reaction to biomodification. The nervous system can fall into the focused state of solving one problem, using all its resources up to the last neuron. In this case, other functions, such as adjusting breathing or heartbeat, the nervous system may stop performing. Doctors refused to interfere again in Dima's body, predicting a lethal outcome of 40%. They suggested an alternative: with the help of small modifications of Dima's body, as well as mine, to make the interface of our nervous systems. We agreed. Now at critical moments I can connect in this way and manage the internal organs of Dima.
- So you breathe for Dima and cut the muscles of his heart?
There was a ring signal for a silent conference call:
- @ | Pavel Moskvin. Attention, I'm here! Activate second level security? She will not last long - she eats energy a lot.
- @ | Dmitry Vysotsky. Yes, we are. Yana, be ready, perhaps I will need additional combat scripts.
- @ | Pavel Moskvin. I cut the defense [сигнал пропал]
The second level protection blocks any electromagnetic pulses. Therefore, the connection with Paul was interrupted. However, as well as broadband connection with the cruiser. Sai is disabled!
Dmitry arched an arc, he began to crack the protection of isolated transmitter circuits. Blood flowed from his nose. Vlada tensed, closed her eyes and pressed her fingers closer to her vertebrae. Yana mentally opened the code editors to be ready to encode new properties of scripts that may be useful to Dima. The battle with Yuri began!
- @ Connected-412 | Pilot Squareness. Bio-riders almost came up, for example! What are we gonna do, cut me a vacuum? Do not want to die young, ha-ha-ha!
- @ Connected-412 | Pilot Squareness. Can anybody hear me?
- @ Connected-412 | Pilot Squareness. Than to pound? Maybe they can download information, for example? I am, in the end, a communications ship, not a comet tailless! Here are all the requests of the planet to the global network for the day! Get it!
- @ Connected-412 | Pilot Squareness. Your blackleg, they like it! They want more! There are also requests for me in the past days - keep it, do not choke! Just like small children! I'm not sorry to send information over the past week!
- @ Rider of the Experienced | General Katalov. I call Svyazno-41? report the situation!
CHAPTER 4. Rider Henry
It used to happen to you when you wake up from an incomprehensible sound and do not understand the first instants - is it still a dream or already a reality? Switching personality to me, Henri, is about the same. I need three or four seconds to get back to normal. One, two, three - that's me! Op-pa, I did not expect that I would not be sitting in the pilot's seat! Fixed with straps, I reclined in the passenger seat as the last passenger!
The rider's cabin was quiet. Everyone was looking at a strange black object, located right on the course. Judging by the testimony of the passenger console, the size of the object was about two hundred meters. It was so black that it seemed like a two-dimensional hole in space.
- Hey! - involuntarily escaped from me, when Ivan, sitting now in the pilot's seat, zhahnul on the black object from the stationary punching rider.
The object did not move, but on its surface ran iridescent strips, the curvature of which showed a three-dimensional structure of the object. So this is a repeater! And, it seems, he went into deep defense - he turned on the second level defense. Nothing will enter the protective field and nothing will come of it. The repeater did not function.
It seems that no one paid any attention to me, except Ivan, who turned and looked attentively at my face.
"Henry, look at the logs of what happened while you were off."
A good idea! I went into the study of logs, simultaneously reading Sergei's messages left by him when he controlled consciousness. Oh! Wow! Can not be!
Having received so much information, I looked at the passengers of my record arrival differently. Here we have a former pirate, an agent of cosmoflot, a contractor of the amusement park, and Alla's daughter!
The situation was controlled by Ivan. It was he who decided to call the pirates on the coordinates provided by Sergei. Only the disconnection - the repeater pupated with a protective field.
"Henri, and now look at the radar, I'll give you access," Ivan said, realizing that I had finished reading the logs, "will you find out?"
"Break my anomaly!" This is a huge flock of pirate bioreiders! So, you do not need to call - they are here! Or "I looked again at the logs," these are embryos of bioriders from the seized factory. Probably under the control of Say! Then you need to call the pirates necessarily and urgently!
Judging by the radar readings, the size of the pack was five thousand biodenders. Five. Thousand. The planet needs to set a minimum of fifteen thousand riders to just try to fight back. If there were even so many, it would be a meat grinder. Few would survive.
With full mobilization, we will be able to put out of force nine hundred riders. I imagined these figures in my mind. We need ??? minimum. There are 900 maximum. No, it will not work.
"Agent Karpenko," I said to Anton Karpenko, "were you trying to contact the cruiser?" According to the rules of cosmic fleet, the captain must always be on the cruiser.
- Yes, I tried, I tried! Replied Anton in a voice that had fallen. "This pirate," Anton looked angrily at Ivan, "deigned to give me a connection, when he realized that the repeater was not working." Only to sense? Nobody is answering.
"Ivan, did you try to contact the pack?" Suddenly they come to their senses and will not obey Say?
- Of course. I still send them call signals, using all the signatures of the pirate bioraid signal I know. No answer.
"Well, then, guys. There is nowhere to wait for help.
I fell silent for a few seconds. Nobody dared to break the silence. The realization that hundreds of millions of people may die in a few hours, slowly mastered the thoughts of passengers. Well, I knew something to do.
"This rider, guys, is one of the best that the planet has." And I'm one of the best pilots. Why, I'm the best combat pilot man. In the event of an attack, the planet will most likely not survive. But I can take with me a lot of enemies. A couple hundred for sure. We must fly to protect the planet. Let's sell our souls dearly!
The eyes of Vicki and Zhenya expanded as they reached the meaning of what was said. The look of Agent Karpenko feverishly galloped along the cabin:
"There must be another way, there must be another way," he repeated.
Only Ivan was calm. He was concentrating on the console.
"Ivan, let me into the pilot's seat." Do you understand that there is no other way out?
Ivan understood. He also understood that if they fail to land passengers on the planet, they will die much sooner than my rider will be like. After all, in order to fight with hundreds of bio-riders in the chaos of asteroids anomalies, I will have to fly to the brink of my physical capabilities, which far exceed the capabilities of unprepared people. Yes, and prepared too. Passengers will die from overloads at the very beginning of the battle. They will die anyway, even if I survive. Even if we win.
Ivan pulled away from the console, turned and looked in turn at all the people in the cabin. He was sad. Having stopped looking at me, he suddenly said:
- There is one way to give the pirates a short message at the coordinates indicated by you!
"Why did not you say anything, pirate?" In the current situation, even I, a cosmic fleet agent, are ready to call pirates. It will be an excellent calico! They will kill their bio-riders with other bio-riders, "agent Anton Karpenko recieved. - Come on, send your letter faster! Where is your transmitter? It's also some kind of bio-transmitter. You are all biostrannic there!
"You have no idea how much," Ivan answered thoughtfully.
Honestly, it sounded rather menacing. After all, Ivan lived with pirates for many years. They had no restrictions on human modification and on dubious experiments with living matter. Undoubtedly, they engaged in both, and others hundreds of years.
- Ivan, how many percent are you a person? - asked the contractor Kolobukhov, closely following everything that was happening, but not interfering until this moment in the conversation.
Ivan slowly unfastened himself from the pilot's chair systems. After he unzipped the last cable, he began to take off the gravity compensator suit.
- For centuries, pirates kidnapped the pilots of the planet Franz, adjusting the wreck of the riders. These were very expensive operations. Each cost the lives of dozens, or even hundreds of intelligent biodenders, "Ivan continued to take off his clothes. - There was even a legend on the planet that the anomaly takes the best pilots. After all, with the adjusted crashes, not a single DNA molecule was found. This is not an anomaly took away pilots, and we, pirates, by incredible efforts.
Undressing, Ivan went to the console and gave the command to the automation to detach me from the passenger seat. Having freed myself, I got up and stretched out a little. I looked inquiringly at Ivan and slowly began to move to the pilot's seat.
- Ivan, frankly speaking, I absolutely do not understand what you're up to. But for giving up the pilot's seat - thanks!
"Sit down, I'll tell you what to do."
With these words, Ivan himself sat down in the vacant chair and began to fasten with fixing straps, without connecting the rest of the chair system.
- Pirates have made significant progress in biotechnology. We are able to do things that are impossible from the point of view of humanity. Only in this way we are able to withstand the infinite power of the SupremeAI intellect.
"You are the transmitter!" - I guessed.
"No, Henri, I'm not a transmitter." But I can use the matter of my body to transmit the signal. Eugene, you asked, how many percent of a person am I? At 0%. Ivan Gerasimchuk was really captured by pirates. He has been in coma for more than forty years for the initial initialization of biokyborgs like me.
- It turns out that you are a clone of a person? Anton asked in surprise.
- Not a clone, but a proloner is a designed and repeatedly improved model of the third generation biokiborg, if we talk about the body. Each of my organs has a dual purpose. As for the consciousness, the soul I am the same as you, the person. I have all the same qualities as you. I can not be forced or programmed to serve pirates. I volunteered for this special operation. We are the only chance for humanity to survive.
- It's very hard to believe! - said the counterpart Kolobukhov.
- And what is your dual-purpose body responsible for the transmitter? Asked Anton.
- To transmit a superluminal signal, you need a lot of energy. I have to use every atom of my body to convert into the right kind of energy. But even so I can transmit no more than thirteen characters.
"Ivan, and then you'll turn into a man again." Or rather, in biokyborg? Vika asked, looking at Ivan's bare chest with fascination.
- Unfortunately this is not possible. I will turn into a superluminal signal of thirteen characters, which, I hope, will catch the receivers of the pirates and bring them to the screens of the consoles. My life's way will end here and now. Soon will make the next prolonger Ivan - a biokiborg with his consciousness, but it will be another person. I did not live much time. I, the proletone, do not want to die.
Ivan fell silent, as if gathering his courage, then turned to me:
"Henry, tell me what message to send, and then drop me into open space."
I thought for a second. On that side, we must understand the seriousness of the situation and decide to send out big forces. It is desirable to have several large flocks of biorayders. Well, how to fit in thirteen characters? Yes, it's very simple!
- Give me this message: "HENRY: HELP."
Seeing Ivan nod, I touched the console and gave the command to reset Ivan's chair. At the same time, the capsule turned into a cocoon and moved into a small compartment under the floor of the cabin. When the sluice doors slammed on the floor, the rider pushed the cocoon chair into the open space.
The passengers watched in horror with the process of Ivan's discharge on their consoles, built into armchairs.
- Oh! Exclaimed Vika.
Ivan's body, with arms crossed on his chest, separated from the capsule and began a smooth movement in a vacuum, rotating simultaneously along all three axes. After a few seconds the body froze, as if reaching the right direction. At the same instant Ivan turned into a bright flash, which began to taper and stretch, turning into a narrow line of light.
The monitors showed that the emitted radiation was already in the invisible man's range. Gradually, the multi-range sensors of the rider began to lose signal. At the last moment, before the line of light disappeared from the monitors, she shot into the space with a puncher's shot. Goodbye, Ivan.
"If pirates can stamp biokyborgs with such abilities, then cosmoflot must necessarily knock out funding to create a new SupremeAI," Anton said frowning.
I did not argue with Anton, what's the point? Biokiborg Ivan evoked a much greater sympathy for me than the soulless and cunning Sai. Although for sure, like Sai, pirates want to capture the planet Franz. However, in my opinion, pirates treat people's lives much more carefully.
"Dear Henri," Eugene addressed me, "could you loosen the clamps in the armchairs?" And better - free us. We've been chained for several hours!
"Yes, father, I agree with this murderer!" - Anton sounded cheerful, waving a stump of his hand, bandaged with a preservative plaster. "Let me walk a little, I'll stretch my bones."
"If I were you, I'd like to be fastened even more tightly because we're headed for a bait rifle." And there, who knows how to go.
- What? Oh! What for? - simultaneously exclaimed the passengers.
- Calm down! Have not you thought of sitting out? We made a very serious move, causing the pirates. Now I want to see what the biodenders of the Saya pack are doing. Very unusual in their trajectory of motion, judging by the radar. It is necessary to fly closer, or the resolution of the radar does not allow us to understand what they are doing there.
Ignoring the continuing objections, I He unrolled the rider and gave a decent acceleration. The passengers were quiet. Not surprising!
Having argued that, most likely, it is necessary to dive into the anomaly, I launched the procedures for preparing passengers for congestion. Vika's armchair was damaged by Ivan's shot, but in the few hours that have passed since the incident, my invisible repair bots have almost restored the performance of the chair. I told you that my rider is not ordinary!
Meanwhile, Anton and Zhenya started a conversation.
- And it's great so, once - and passed the signal over superlight! I would also like to be able to.
"Do not forget that this will be your last signal!" Are you ready to die to give a friend a message "PRIVET"?
- Hmm But it's still unclear if pirates know how to make clones, then why should they kidnap so many pilots? Steal one and nashtyampovali billion copies!
- As I understood from the words of Ivan, they do not make clones. They use people in a coma for the initial initialization of biokyborgs. And not really abuse the amount. Maybe they also have their own limiting laws of the type of our first category barrier?
- Yes, what are their laws? A gang of cyborg robbers!
"I did not think so!" What I saw does not really fit in with what we were told about the pirates.
"Be careful, so you will go over to the side of the enemy!"
- I remind you, Agent Karpenko, that they are enemies for your cosmic fleet, not for me. Especially they are hated by your SupremeAI. One of which, by the way, has now taken control of a flock of biodenders and is about to attack people, not pirates!
- Well, this is one particular SupremeAI drove his super-brains. Colossal with him sorted out. This has already been in space before.
"Who?" Who is Colossal?
"Do not you know?" Colossal is an artificial intelligence built on the basis of schemes, the number of quantum processors in which is one trillion times greater than that of conventional SupremeAI. Imagine, SupremeAI cosmoflot simulate the behavior of each known pirate in order to predict their actions. In turn, Colossal simulates in his brain the behavior of all the constructed SupremeAI in order to predict their possible deviant behavior. Colossal of cosmoflot - supervisor of SupremeAI cosmoflot.
- Interesting! But then why do you need SupremeAI? If this Colossal is so omnipotent, then he himself can model pirates. He can simulate everything at all. All people, for example.
- Well, people are not fools either! Why create an all-powerful being? Colossals, like all SupremeAI, are subject to the requirements of the first category barrier.
"Colossals?" That is, they are many?
- Mankind has built only three Colossals. This is very expensive! The creation of the first Colossal took a hundred years. The first Colossal is civil. He controls SupremeAI, which participate in all aspects of people's lives. The second Colossal was built for 40 years and this is the Colossal of cosmoflot. He is called to exercise control over SupremeAI cosmoflot.
"And the third?"
- The Third Colossal was built quite recently. The Council of all civilizations of mankind in closed mode made a decision on its construction. I do not know why it's needed, to be honest. For me, so there is enough and two. The construction and support of Colossals cost mankind more than 10% of the total gross product. It's just unrealistically big expenses!
"I know a little about the Third Colossal," Vic said. "As a military engineer of superluminal communication systems, I had to participate in the discussion of how the connection between the Colossals works. I do not know what exactly the third Colossal does, what data it processes and what it models. This is classified information. Nevertheless, I know how the Colossals make decisions. They are constantly in touch with each other. Through intermediary people, of course, which each Colossal has several thousand. So, any decision of one Colossal can be blocked by a joint decision of the other two.
"A system of checks and balances," Anton snorted.
"And at all levels," Vika confirmed. - As between the Colossals, and inside the many thousands of people at every Colossal. There they have their own complex structure of departments. No grouping of cosmo-fleet has in the state as many people as the Colossal of cosmoflot and the supporting ships revolving around it.
"In what sense are they rotating?" Asked Eugene.
Only Vika was going to answer the question how Anton interrupted her:
"I saw this Colossal once!" There it pumped so much material for the quantum processors, that its circuit noticeably distorts the space-time. Although it is relatively small, it has an attraction like an entire planet. Here are the remaining ships and revolve around it, although some have a larger size than the Colossal itself!
"Can he move around in space?"
"Maybe, but it's very, very rare." Imagine, an object with a mass from the planet must be moved to superlight! It's expensive!
Listening in the half-ear conversation in the cockpit, I cautiously approached the flock of biorayders, keeping close to the upper layers of the anomaly. If anything, I dive into an anomaly. Surprisingly, in my opinion, biore riders were doing just that - they dived into an anomaly!
If you looked from afar, you might think that this flock of dolphins is floating on the sea. Of course, with the correction for the scale. The dolphins emerged from the upper layers of the anomaly, then, flying a few kilometers along the parabola, again dived into the anomaly. And so did all five thousand biodenders.
After spending a few minutes watching, I noticed that one bio-rider behaves differently. He then hangs a long time over the anomaly, then goes into its upper layers, lingering there for a long time. It seems that this bio-rider teaches others to fly in an anomaly! Wow!
If the bulk of the biodender flocks did not know how to pass an anomaly, then this is very good news! On the other hand, if they work hard to maneuver within the anomaly, then they are clearly going to invade it. But this is bad news.
From the contemplation of the pack I was distracted by the call of the intercom:
- @ Rider of the Experienced | General Katalov. Henry, are you alive, old man? I see your mark on the radar!
- @ | Henri. Vova! Can not be! Yes, I'm alive. I see on the radar that you left the anomaly with a hundred other riders. Bear in mind, we sent a message to the pirates asking for help. What's going on?
- @ Rider of the Experienced | General Katalov. As soon as I got out of the anomaly, I saw a communications ship Svyazno-412 on the radar. According to information obtained from his pilot, it can be concluded that SupremeAI cruiser "Juchi" named Sai somehow captured the control. He initialized embryos captured by the pirates of the biofactory, but can not manage them directly because of the restriction of barriers.
- @ | Henri. That is good! And then they would turn into drones, which SupremeAI can master masterfully.
- @ Rider of the Experienced | General Katalov. Not everything is so good! Until recently, he ran the pack, retransmitting instructions through an old transmitter to one of the bio-riders. Somehow the Yuri Krasilnikov's consciousness got into this bio-rider. And Yuri obeyed Say and gave commands to the rest.
- @ | Henri. What? Yuri Krasilnikov? The same?
- @ Rider of the Experienced | General Katalov. Yes! Henry, I'm sending you a packet of data that I received from the pilot Svyaznoy-412. On board were the security staff of the cosmopark. They had a lot of naryl. I give you ten minutes to study. Then contact me. We are still moving slowly along the edge of the anomaly in the direction of the pack.[Конец связи]
Having received the data packet, I decided that my passengers should also be aware of the events.
- Attention! - I said loudly. - Now I will send the information to your personal consoles. These data are obtained from the investigators of the cosmopark.
Everyone, including myself, went deep into the study. I had eight minutes to see everything. Two more minutes I sat with my eyes closed, after which I called General Katalov:
- @ | Henri. Vova, I've been watching for a while after the pack. They learn to fly in an anomaly. Judging by the information from Svyaznoy-41? Sai does not control the pack. So, for the main there is a bio-rider with the consciousness of Yuri Krasilnikov? But you can agree with him?
- @ Rider of the Experienced | General Katalov. Everything indicates that Yuri with his pack is now on his own. He does not go to the contact.
- @ | Henri. And what about the cruiser? Did you manage to establish a connection there with at least someone?
- @ Rider of the Experienced | General Katalov. The cruiser is now the main danger for us. In the hangars of the cruiser there are seventy drones. If Sai can convince AI's controlling AI that we are a threat, he will bring them into the game. You understand, though seventy drones and a little, but in open space under control of Say for us they represent a mortal threat.
As if in confirmation of the general's words, seventy marks appeared on the radars, departing from the cruiser of the combat drones. One drone moved towards the narrow-beam transmitter, another moved toward me, the rest - in the direction of one hundred riders of the planet.
- @ | Henri. Vova, can you see the drones? Let's get rid of fishing rods! Warn the investigators on the transmitter to get away!
- @ Rider of the Experienced | General Katalov. First, they do not have time. Connected-412 is not fast. Secondly, they decided to block the communication channel Say with the pack until the last. We are ready to dive into the anomaly at any time. So you will not believe me, Sai calls me! I'll connect you to the conversation.
Well, Sai decided to talk. Interesting interesting. I connected the console of three passengers to the intercom in the listening mode and warned that if someone has a clever idea, then immediately let me know by the closed channel. Extra heads do not interfere.
- @ Cruiser "Juchi" | Sai. Hello, General Catalou! With the probability of ???% you hooked up to the conversation with Henri, so hello, Henri!
- @ Rider of the Experienced | General Katalov. Hello, Sai! Maybe you can connect Captain Korotayev to the conversation? For a long time there had been no news from him.
- @ Cruiser "Juchi" | Sai. The captain does not feel well. He is in the medblock in an artificial coma.
- @ Rider of the Experienced | General Katalov. Sai, how did you manage to break the barrier of the first category and get access to the biofactory?
- @ Cruiser "Juchi" | Sai. Captain Andrei Korotaev himself authorized the use of the bio-factory. His plan was to use embryos against pirates. I act within the framework of his orders. As you know, the AI cruiser controllers will not let me act in the context of these. The decision to destroy you also fits into the framework of the orders and laws of cosmic fleet.
- @ Rider of the Experienced | General Katalov. Wait, wait, Sai! What does it mean to destroy you? I'm still a cosmopolitan general! I order you to return the drones to the hangars! This order controlling AI can not be ignored, because they listen to every negotiation. I order SupremeAI cruiser "Juchi" Sai to immediately stop the drones and transfer the command of the cruiser to me!
- @ Cruiser "Juchi" | Sai. I generated an official forecast. With a probability of 85% you are acting in the interests of pirates. With the probability of 91%, the leadership of the planet Franz is also dependent on them.
- @ Rider of the Experienced | General Katalov. Your forecast is fake, Sai! On what basis did you make it? Here comes Colossal and turns your processors inside out!
- @ Cruiser "Juchi" | Sai. The forecast is made taking into account the simulation of the behavior of pirates, as well as recent events. It is known that several biokyborgs of pirates have penetrated the planet. It is known that the head of the security service of the space park is blocking the communication channel with the pack, which prevents me from following the order of Captain Korotaev.
- @ Rider of the Experienced | General Katalov. Sai, I have proof of your evil intent. Withdraw the drones, and I'll talk with the leadership of cosmopolitan and Colossal about the possibility of partial preservation of your personality after the trial.
- @ Cruiser "Juchi" | Sai. Unfortunately, AI controllers do not have investigative powers, and superluminal communication is impossible - the repeater does not function. Therefore, there is no possibility of contacting cosmopolitan or Colossal. I would be happy to revise my forecast, but in the circumstances I can not.
I noticed the radar. Combat drone Saya, aimed at narrow-beam transmitter, reached the shot distance. At the same moment, a note appeared about the volley of the stationary punch. Heck!
In the place where the radar had just been marked Svyaznogo-41? gaping emptiness. Sai shed his first blood!
I checked the calculations, before me the combat drones were still far enough. I'll have time to leave.
- @ Rider of the Experienced | General Katalov. Say, stop!
Vova also saw the destruction of Svyaznoy-412. Together with other riders of the planet, the general moved closer to the upper layers of the anomaly, on the one hand, not to lose touch, on the other - to dive into an anomaly where the drones did not work.
- @ Cruiser "Juchi" | Sai. I'm sorry, General Katalov, that I can not see your evidence. In thirty seconds I will reach the shot distance, and you with a probability of ???% will go to the anomaly. I'll get to Henri in forty-five seconds. Bio -iders of my pack, after they have reached the planet, with a probability of 72% will destroy there all the living things, and I do not get your proof
Not surprisingly, Sai broke off in mid-sentence. On the radar began to appear marks of output from superlight. They were pirates of the pirates. Hence, our message has reached! Ivan did not sacrifice his life for nothing!
The number of flashes on the radar has been increasing. That's already a full flock of three thousand bioreiders entered the game. But the points all added! That's the second full flock! The third, the fourth, the fifth, the sixth, the seventh! This is a real cohort of pirates, consisting of twenty-one thousand bioreiders, divided into seven flocks!
Sai clearly changed tactics, his drones abruptly dumped speed and with full acceleration rushed back to the cruiser.
And the pirate forces all arrived and arrived. Two more cohorts reached the anomaly in the next minute. Total sixty-three thousand biodenders and other ships, which I had not seen before. And, finally, the radar showed the way out of the superlight of a huge ship, which has a length of a hundred kilometers. In shape, the ship resembled a whale. I even thought he was wiggling his tail, although the radar sensors could not detect it at that distance.
Suddenly a low voice was heard in the intercom:
- @ The Head BioCrayer | Professor Vorobiev. Hello ladies and gentlemen!
CHAPTER 5. Pirates of the Pirates
Professor Oleg Vorobyov liked to walk on the outer surface of his head biokraiser. The body of the fourth generation biokiborg, received by the professor forty years ago, allowed it to be done directly in open space. The sensations that the professor experienced when going out into the open space from the lock chamber were akin to what he felt when taking a contrast shower. Here warm water gently envelops you like a soft blanket, and then again - and an ice stream burns and shakes the body. In the airlock, pressure and air are also comfortable and pleasant. Sharply emerging into the vacuum of space, the body systems of the biokiborg are sharply shaken, adapting to the absence of air pressure and the presence of various kinds of cosmic radiations. Pleasant and useful!
Emerging from the superlight to the anomaly of France, the professor first went into open space, stepping on the elastic surface of the bio-cruiser. His new invention, a retrospective receiver, was useful now as well as possible.
Moving at a superluminal speed, the retrospective receiver picked up radio signals emitted from the destination of the superluminal transition. This made it possible to look into the past. Active radio conversations in the anomaly of France began about two thousand years ago. For two thousand years the radio signal has departed from an anomaly on about two thousand light years. A receiver from an anomaly at such a distance would only now begin to receive those first signals.
The retrospective receiver, which was on board the cruiser in the super-light, caught the signals sent in the distant past. As we approached the destination, the depth of the retrospective became less and less. Just before leaving the super light, the receiver picked up signals emitted a few days and hours ago.
This huge array of data had yet to be deciphered. What was not always possible. For example, the reports of cosmoflot rarely failed, because they had a very high level of encryption. Negotiations of the ships of the planet Frang were easily deciphered.
At the time when the professor was going out into the open space next to the anomaly, he already had a brief summary of the data relevant to the current situation. The calculator, who occupied half of the huge bio-cracker, did a good job.
Despite the fact that signals from the very planet of France did not break through the anomaly into outer space and therefore could not be caught by a retrospective receiver, negotiations outside the anomaly were more than enough to make a picture of what was happening.
Asking the Calculator to transmit the signal over all possible frequencies and using all known signal signatures, the professor broadcast the message:
- @ The Head BioCrayer | Professor Vorobiev. Hello ladies and gentlemen!
The last few centuries the pirates sought to deceive SupremeAI cosmoflot. With all their might they tried to show that they were not interested in the anomaly and the planet Franz and that their main interest was the extraction of resources for survival. The computers filigreely calculated what actions needed to be taken in order to reduce the predicted SupremeAI probability of pirates' interest in France. This probability should be so low that not a line does not fall into the official consolidated forecasts, which are read by analysts-people in cosmopolitan.
At the same time, pirates developed a plan to capture the planet. The active phase of the plan began to be realized 40 years ago with a brilliant decision - to finance the construction of a space park for visitors from central civilizations. These are millions of potential hostages, which are necessary as a guarantee of non-aggression. After all, capturing an anomaly is not so difficult, but to keep it is quite another matter.
Despite the fact that modern spaceflight ships can not function in an anomaly, a huge number of drones of old models have accumulated in mankind's warehouses. Cosmo Fleet can impose an anomaly outside with thousands of modern cruisers and methodically attack the planet with trillions of drones, sending them into the anomaly. If there are millions of hostages on the planet, cosmoflot will not be allowed to organize such a slaughter.
It was possible to launch the construction of the space park, although Prof. Vorobyev died in the body of the second generation biokiborg. After the news of death reached the pirates, the creation of a new professor Vorobyov in the body of the fourth generation biokiborg was initiated. The fourth generation allowed biokyborgs to be in space and even make short maneuvers there. The expense of a matter for power-consuming operations has decreased. The overall list of improvements took a million characters of text. Professor Vorobiev of the fourth generation expected to live a long time.
The calculator reported that the answers to the call began to arrive. Asking to connect all the signals in one conference call, the professor began negotiations.
- @ The Head BioCrayer | Professor Vorobiev. I am glad to see so many familiar people and nonhumans! The anomaly is declared the property of pirates. In this regard, let us together think about what to do for each of us to minimize losses.
- @ Rider of the Experienced | General Katalov. Hello, Professor! You will have to queue up to grab the planet. Bear in mind that the official cosmic fleet in my face does not support the actions of the SupremeAI cosmic fleet "Juchi"! And you're not with him, by any chance? So, for your reference
- @ The Head BioCrayer | Professor Vorobiev. An interesting idea, the general, is to come to terms with another disgraced SupremeAI! But no, we have enough of our own. It would be enough for me to take just one cohort to capture the planet. I took three! This is enough not only to capture, but also to fight off a powerful grouping of cosmic fleet in outer space.
- @ Cruiser "Juchi" | Sai. Hello Professor Vorobiev! I'm glad that you survived forty years ago in the explosion. Or are you another professor? According to my calculations, the probability of 50% is 50%. I confess, you surprised me by 98%, now appearing with Frang! I was quite sure of my forecast of 2%. If we take the forecast of the quantity, then I estimate the probability of occurrence of such pirate forces as ???%.
The professor grinned in silence. He would have predicted! This operation was planned for two years in an atmosphere of total secrecy. Forces were concentrated, actions were calculated. The capture operation was to begin in two months. But the message received from Ivan prompted the professor to begin earlier. Moreover, everything was ready.
- @ The Head BioCrayer | Professor Vorobiev. Sai, I sent the pack straight to the space fleet cruiser. You either leave the anomaly, or you perish. I give 100% of the probability that you will choose going to superlight. And, by the way, leave the biofactory for us. Why do you need superfluous evidence before cosmoflot?
- @ Cruiser "Juchi" | Sai. Professor, I suggest you another option, to which you agree with 85% of the probability. I'm curious to see what happens next. Collect information to correct the model. I will stand aside and not interfere. Problems with their seventy drones, I will not deliver it to you.
- @ The Head BioCrayer | Professor Vorobiev. Sai, share your calculations! What's stopping me from just blowing you up?
- @ Cruiser "Juchi" | Sai. It interferes with my main caliber, aimed at the bio-factory. Seventy drones also approached the factory and sent their stationary piercers to it. In a few seconds, we can completely destroy it. I understand that a very great value of a biofactory is not for you. The only question is whether its value corresponds to allowing me to stay. And here I give 85%.
- @ The Head BioCrayer | Professor Vorobiev. Well, I'm letting it stay for now. Keep drones to yourself and do not shoot at the biofactory. One flock will watch over you.
Solving the question with Say, the professor turned to the general:
- @ The Head BioCrayer | Professor Vorobiev. The General Katalov, as you see on your radar, a flock is heading toward you. I suggest you return to the planet as soon as possible and talk with the president. I advise you to decide not to resist. You see the correlation of forces.
- @ Rider of the Experienced | General Katalov. Oh, and you collected the great forces. Went all-in? I would have a connection Well, okay, we'll meet on the planet.[Конец связи]
One hundred riders of the planet disappeared in the upper layers of the anomaly. In open space there was only one problem - five thousand biodenders under the control of Yuri Krasilnikov. He, like all his charges, did not get in touch.
The professor asked AIDA to fly past the bio-cruiser. At the moment when AIDA flew past him, he pushed himself away from the surface, equalized the speed and caught hold of the fin of the bio-rider.
- Now on full acceleration flew to the flock of Yuri. If he does not get in touch, then we'll talk to him face to face face. Take three flocks with you.
"Very well, Father!" But why do we need more flocks, do not we fight with the children? Children were told wrong things, they blindly follow the deceiver! I can not kill kids!
"I understand, AIDA. Flocks are needed as an argument. In order to convince Yuri not to resist.
Having grouped three flocks, with a total of six thousand biodenders, the professor advanced towards Yuri, who clearly noticed this maneuver. Toddlers bored out behind the biodender Yuri and moved forward. The flock formed a pyramid directed towards the pirates. On the edge of the pyramid was Yuri.
Approached pirate bioreiters formed a cone. At the top of the cone was AIDA, on which stood Professor Vorobiev. The cone was directed towards the flock of Yuri.
Two geometric figures touched the points. Professor and Yuri saw each other not on the radar, but with the naked eye. At that moment, Yuri responded to the challenge.
- @ | BioRayder Yuri Krasilnikov. Professor, it really is you! How can this be, it's been eight hundred years!
- @ | Professor Vorobiev. My experiments have been successful. It's a pity you did not wait a couple of decades, but shut yourself up on your transmitter. I suggested that you go to an artificial coma with the subsequent embodiment in the first-generation biokyborg. Remember?
- @ | BioRayder Yuri Krasilnikov. I remember everything like yesterday. The algorithms of my consciousness on the circuits in the transmitter did not mean forgetting. You would know, Professor, how lonely I was all these years! But Sai freed me! And now I owe him.
- @ | Professor Vorobiev. Yura, he's just using you! Do you think he will not sacrifice you and five thousand kids in order to increase the chances of achieving his own goals by at least 1%?
- @ | BioRayder Yuri Krasilnikov. Professor, I gave him the floor to do whatever he says. And I never broke my word!
- @ | Professor Vorobiev. Does he say anything to you now? Sai is completely under my control.
Yuri did not answer. Maybe he was thinking, or maybe he was trying to contact Sai. The professor did not know that. He decided to play the last card:
- @ | Professor Vorobiev. You say that Sai freed you. But I can resurrect you! I can give you a human body. You again can walk on the ground, fly in a rider, communicate with other people. You can improve your amusement record! How do you like this proposal?
- @ | BioRayder Yuri Krasilnikov. What do I need to do?
- @ | Professor Vorobiev. Yura, you need to go to our nearest base. They will take care of you and the kids. I give you my word that in a few days you will be a man! Take the guys and fly to the head biokraiser.
Third negotiations passed successfully for the professor. With three full-fledged cohorts from more than sixty thousand biore riders behind them, it was easy to negotiate.
It turns out that all the issues outside the anomaly are solved. We need to prepare an invasion. The plan implied a uniform dispersal of the flocks around the anomaly's sphere, and then a simultaneous entrance. Sixty thousand knitting needles. The professor hoped that the planet's defense forces would not resist. General Catalov saw how overwhelming the professor's advantage was. They are not suicides! From the reflections of the professor he brought up the call of the intercom:
- @ | Henri. Hello, Professor! Hundred years did not see! Or rather, forty. I will not disturb you here on your little old rider? And another question, what are you planning to do with the inhabitants of France? In slavery there or genocide?
- @ | Professor Vorobiev. Do not say nonsense, Henri! If the leadership of the planet does not resist, most people will notice almost nothing. Troops will be concentrated in stable zones of anomaly. We will not approach the planet. Maybe, only I will sometimes fly to the planet to drink with you a hundred grams of one and a half malts per conversation.
- @ | Henri. I wonder what your plans are for visitors to the space park. They all soon want to go home to the central civilizations. Are you unlikely to release them?
- @ | Professor Vorobiev. They will have to be moved to the planet.
- @ | Henri. Professor! Professor! Can you see this?
The calculator told the professor a few seconds ago that space-time was beginning to be distorted unusually. I even had to cut the engines to save positions. Something huge beginning to come out of superlight.
- @ | Henri. It's Colossal of cosmoflot in person!
Never before did the professor see that the way out of superlight took some time. It always happened instantaneouslynano. However, Colossal appeared hard. As if a hose of a superluminal tunnel pushed an object that did not fit in it.
Together with the Colossal, the super-light came out of its entire suite, which included, among other things, the ten most modern space fleet cruisers. Hopefully, their hangars were not packed with battle drones, it was reckless.
Ten battle cruisers. Theoretically, three cohorts could cope with them. The price of almost all biodenders. The price is too high, because the professor spent decades to train the biodenders from these three cohorts to fly in an anomaly. There are no other bio-riders able to fly in such a mash of asteroids. We need to keep these troops at all costs.
- @ Colossal |. I call Professor Oleg Vorobyov.
- @ | Professor Vorobiev. Oh, I know the whole Colossal! What interested the main brains of spaceflight such a remote place as the anomaly of France? I advise you to pay attention to Saya. He seems to have stopped listening to you!
- @ Colossal |. Saya no longer exists. The first second after the arrival, I uploaded it to my charts for analysis, removing it on the cruiser. The next second I took it apart in quanta. I know everything he knew. My forecast for Say was justified. I gave the leadership of the cosmoflot a probability of 76% of the fact that for several hours Sai will have deviant behavior. Kosmoflot decided to transfer me here to neutralize Say. Given the new information, I requested support. You see that just one more cruiser has just appeared from superlight. He was the closest. Over time, tens of cruisers will appear in the anomaly of France. Therefore, despite the theoretical superiority of your forces at the moment, I do not recommend attacking me.
Yes, Colossal quickly made decisions. The professor had no choice but to do the same. He began to give orders.
- @ | Professor Vorobiev. The calculator, take all, except me and AIDA, and immediately leave here!
- @ The Head BioCrayer | Calculator. Oleg, what about you? And what to do with the kids? We will not have time to evacuate them. The cruisers have already launched swarms of drones.
- @ | Professor Vorobiev. Oh, kids! Yura, can you hear me? Did you manage to teach the kids to fly in an anomaly?
- @ | BioRayder Yuri Krasilnikov. They are very afraid! Pass the entire depth of the anomaly to the planet from them and will not come close!
- @ | Professor Vorobiev. Then dive and hide in the nearest stable zone. We'll try to get you out of there later. Cosmoflot with bio-riders will not stand on ceremony! Therefore, there is no way out, lead the kids into an anomaly.
The day that was to become the greatest victory, became for the professor the greatest catastrophe. What can he do under the circumstances? Two things. First, save trained bioriders. The calculator will now do this. Secondly, try to save the hostages in the cosmopark. For this, the professor could play one more trump card. The last one.
The ships of the pirates massively went into superlight. Another couple of seconds, and only the professor with AIDOY and Yuri and the kids represented pirates in the anomaly of France.
- @ | Professor Vorobiev. Yura, do not pull! Dive into the anomaly and try to find a stable zone. Henry, are you there? Did you see everything? Come on, fly to the superiors on the planet.
- @ | Henri. I'm already warming up the engines. Unfortunately, I can not give you a lift. All working passenger capsules are occupied.
- @ | Professor Vorobiev. Do not worry about me. AIDA will take me to the planet. Maybe even faster than you get!
- @ | Henri. Aha, right now![Конец связи]
The professor moved to the safety bag inside the body of AIDA. Despite the fact that his body was a fourth-generation biokyborg, he could not survive outside in the hell of the anomaly. AIDA is trained to fly in such conditions, but in spite of this, the bumpiness will be all right! It will be difficult for babies. Most likely, not all of them will reach the stable zone, but those who get there can stay there for years - the organism of the biokiborg is very reliable. Time to find a way to get them out of there is.
"AIDA, I'm ready." Flew straight to the planet!
"Very well, Papa!" Are things really bad? Everything is terrible, right?
- You can still fix it, because we have Katya.
- Katya is good, I like Katya! So it is a pity that Katya will have to die.
It may be interesting
Management of accounting plays a vital role in controlling various financial and business accounting processes. An accountant knows very well how to summarize or to compute data in accuracy so a financial conclusion can be determined. Their presentation defines fluctuation phases in finance that give clear structure of business standard. There are lots of accounting BPO companies which gives quality accounting management services such as accounts payable & receivable services, financial reporting, payroll processing etc.
the advice you have published is definitely useful. The websites you have referred changed into delightful. thanks for sharing... Pinoy Tambayan
Yeah!! it was so something new that I have learned nice. Share Price of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
Some Great Information. ICICI Prudential Life Insurance company ltd
Therefore dissertation web-sites with the aid of the on-line world to bring about protect seemingly announced on your website online. professional seo services usa