Anomaly of Frango, Decoupling
The final part of my novel "Anomaly of France". Previous parts can be read here: Beginning , String , The culmination of .
ASCII animation on KDPV, which I did a couple of weeks ago, reveals aspects of the life of some pirate cohorts.
CHAPTER 6. Bag of safety of the bio-rider
Pilot Svyaznogo-412 Angle could barely breathe. In total darkness, he was beating against the slimy walls of the safety bag of the bio-rider. Not only that the oxygen was clearly not enough, so also constant strikes on the elastic folds of the bag knocked out of the lungs what could be inhaled. It could seem that the pilot got into the stomach to a monster that runs along the rough terrain. Actually, it was not far from the truth.
The pirate bioreiders had a special room inside their bodies for humans and biokyborgs. It was not intended for regular use, but served as the last chance in emergency cases. The dimensions of the room, called the safety bag, could stretch and contract, containing from one to five people. The walls of the bag were soft and elastic to compensate for possible overloads. The bag provided acceptable pressure and oxygen content. And there was also slime. A lot of mucus. It had to minimize friction, which also increased survival at extreme overloads.
Spitting out another batch of mucus, which fell into his mouth with an inspiration, pilot Ugolnik asked:
"Kid, what's going on, cut me a vacuum?"
- Grandpa Ugolnik we are flying between meteorites very difficult I can not speak
"Hold on, kid!"
The pilot Ugolnik realized that the biodender, whom he called the baby, had entered the anomaly. Will an untrained bio-rider overcome all five light minutes of the anomaly and make their way to the planet? The pilot Ugolnik strongly doubted. But this is his best chance. He and two other people, who were picked up by the biodegradable kids at the narrow-beam transmitter.
The security guard of the space park Pavel Moskvin closed the communication antenna with the cruiser with the help of the second-level protection activated by him. It's a powerful and very expensive thing. The pilot Ugolnik never saw this with his own eyes. But after all at a cosmopark immeasurable quantity of money, can afford! However, the protection of the second level requires a huge amount of energy, which, when used in person, limits the use time to only a few minutes.
When Pavel had the last minutes of the defense, this little girl of Ian Fomin came out into the open air! She, it turns out, also had second-level defense. When the pilot Ugolnik called Yana a girl, she sniffed. She would have known that the pilot called girls all women under seventy. After all, he is already a hundred!
Hanging in the stomach of the bio-rider, the pilot recalled recent events on the narrow-beam transmitter. They developed so rapidly that the consciousness did not have time to comprehend what was happening. Scrolling in his head his own actions in those minutes, the pilot was surprised how well it worked! And in a hundred years he could boast of a great reaction! Of course, in the central civilizations of mankind a hundred years is the most flourishing of forces. Here, on the planet of France, at that age they were already retiring.
Then, on the narrow-beam transmitter, the mercenaries Dmitry and Vlad fought in the virtual world of schemes with a hostile creation, and Paul shielded the antenna to block SupremeAI. The battle was in full swing when Paul began to approach the end of the second level defense. After calculating everything in seconds with the help of their scripts, intern Yana rushed to replace the boss. At the moment when Paul's defense went off, Yana activated her own, pressing herself against the antenna. SupremeAI did not get the connection and could not intervene in the virtual battle.
Pilot Ugolnik at that time made contacts with the bio-riders sent by Yuri to destroy people. Sending them a portion of the data, the pilot placed the bioriders to himself. And then I became friends, if I can call it so. Bioreiders were completely untrained kids, who finally got in touch and began to call the pilot only "grandfather Ugolnik."
Then, on the radar of Svyaznoy-41? the pilot noticed the mark of the drone, rapidly approaching the transmitter. Obviously, desperate to get into the transmitter through the antenna, Sai decided to act with the help of brute physical force. A combat drone under SupremeAI control is a formidable force.
At this moment the pilot Ugolnik did what he was very proud of so far - he persuaded the kids of the bio-riders to help people. Maybe it was because hatred for drones in biore riders was sewn on the level of instincts. Maybe in something else. Nevertheless, the kids agreed!
Having put on the spacesuit, the pilot moved to the airlock, from the outside of which the kid was already waiting for him. Two more kids flew to Yana and Pavel, who blocked the antenna. Waiting until the protection of the second level in Yana disconnected, having exhausted all the energy reserve, and they moved to the safety pockets of the kids.
But mercenaries they remained connected to the transmitter circuits and to the last they fought a virtual battle. Monitors showed that the damage to Dmitry is irreversible. Vlad could have been saved, leave her son and move into the bag of the bio-rider. But Vlad remained.
Three kids with people on board rushed in all directions from the flying dron. As the kid told his son, the military drone made a powerful volley, which destroyed both the Svyaznoy-412 ship and the living compartments of the transmitter.
Then there were minutes in total darkness, which once broke the baby, advised to remove the spacesuit and outer clothing. According to him, the bag better understands the state of a person when it touches his skin. And then a wild shaking began. And now the pilot Ugolnik hangs in the body of the bio-rider amid the asteroids fluttering anomalies.
- Baby, how are other people there, for example?
- Many friends died they collided with stones
"And the leader of your pack is still alive, comet tailless?"
- Uncle Jura leads us he is very clever
Still would! As far as it was clear from the conversations inside the transmitter, the leader of the flock of babies was Yuri Krasilnikov. Or rather, the mold of his consciousness, shifted to the neural network of one of the embryos. If so, then there is a chance to survive. As an experienced pilot, Yuri is able to find a stable zone near the upper layers of the anomaly. Stable zones, which are so close to the open space, have a very small volume. Literally a few square kilometers of emptiness, free from the mash of asteroids. Theoretically, all five thousand biodender flocks can fit in such a volume.
Suddenly, the shaking ended. A little coming to his senses and trying to move, pilot Ugolnik turned to the baby:
- We arrived, kid? What happens, for example?
- Uncle Yura brought us to a quiet place. We'll rest here.
"What happened to your friends?" Is everything okay with those who have people inside?
"Hundreds of my friends did not get there." Many are wounded. People are all intact, but the friend, in which the girl-man is, got very bad. It hurts. He is dying.
- So, connect me with your leader of the pack, your blackleg! I do not know how you do it, but come on, kid, try it!
The pilot Ugolnik was worried about Yana. She's still quite young! It is necessary to pull it out somehow from a sick biodender and move it into a healthy one! And it should be done in a vacuum, with the fact that Yana probably removed her spacesuit, and second-level protection is discharged.
- Pilot Svyaznogo-412 Andrei Ugolnik, can you hear me? - a man's voice sounded in the safety bag. - To you I'm talking - the leader of the pack Yuri Krasilnikov.
- Hello, synthesis error! Are you the villain, for example, who sat down in the transmitter, or are you on your own?
- The reason of Yuri Krasilnikov, located on the transmitter, was used to initiate the embryo of the bio-rider. It seems to me that I'm not Yuri from the transmitter. I changed. In the neural network of embryos, pirates laid a large amount of information in the form of instincts. I absorb this information more and more. Despite the fact that I remember everything that happened to the real Yuri, I become more and more a bio-rider.
"Oh, break the vacuum!" Okay, Yura, biodender, buddy, let's save the girl Yana! It is inside a dying bio-rider. Can we move it to a safe place? And then I'll say a word for you! Who knows how things turn out, for example? Salvation of people will be reckoned in any way!
- Of course, I will help you, people! Biodenders help people. The pack can not move on. Transition to the next stable zone they can not survive, they are small and inexperienced. I did not have time to teach them everything. "Yuri paused.
- So, so, then you will help us! - decided to hurry Yuri pilot Ugolnik. - What should I do, for example?
"Only I alone will be able to get to the center of the anomaly to the planet." Kids have to leave while here. They can be in a vacuum for years without food. They will be very sad and lonely, but there is no other way out.
- Then let's stir the nozzles, for example! Take us aboard. Start with Yana and do not forget, the synthesis error, that she is without a spacesuit, and we, people, can not breathe in a vacuum, dirty suits!
- The girl is already on my board. Now it's your turn to pilot.
The walls of the safety bag came into motion, pushing the body towards the narrow hole that appeared. Through the hole, the pilot got into the tube-intestine, which had its peristalsis. A few seconds of traffic on the tube ended in the pilot dropping into another safety bag.
"Now you are on board me, pilot Andrey Ugolnik," the man's voice rattled, "it was the turn of the last man."
The pilot did not notice the transition between the bio-riders, realizing that the bioriders had formed a sealed connection of the tubes coming from the safety bags. One more thing worried Andrew:
- Yura, but we three will not beat each other in one bag, for example? Boltanka something decent will, undress me vacuum!
- The safety bag can be divided into compartments. You do not see Jan, though she's on board, too? - Yuri said and after a short pause added: - Now you are already three. It's time to go.
"It's time, your blackleg!" Yes, Yura, as you approach the planet, immediately contact people and tell them who you have on board, for example. Or rather, let us talk to the planetary defense, or else they will frighten you from fright yet into you, a synthesis error!
"When I get in touch with the planet, I'll establish a connection." Get ready!
The pilot wanted to say that he was ready for anything, as the shaking began, compared to which traveling inside the baby was an easy walk. Yuri piloted much sharper.
Short respites within stable zones alternated with tens of minutes of severe overloads. The pilot began to notice that he had a short-term loss of consciousness.
Andrei Ugolnik did not know how long this lasted. The passage of the bio-rider through an anomaly to the planet could take an hour, a day or a year. None of these creatures of pirates managed to pass an anomaly before that.
Suddenly, the shaking stopped, everything stopped and calmed down. Is it possible? This would be the first time in history when a bio-rider could approach the planet. Only here there is a nuance - in the neural network of this biodender Sai invested the mind of the legendary human pilot of the planet. What the pirates themselves could not do was able to make the SupremeAI superintelligence.
"We arrived at the place, people." Prepare to reset!
"Why, darn suits, get ready?"
Instead of an answer, the pilot felt a free fall, lasting a few seconds. After that gravity reappeared, and then the bag burst, like a balloon filled with water!
Three people fell on the concrete. Security guards Pavel Moskvin and Ian Fomin, as well as pilot Andrei Ugolnik, were lying on the platform near the control room of the cosmopark, looking around dumbfounded at the bag of safety. Everything was covered with mucus.
- Tfu, ha-ah-ah-dost! - spitting out of the mouth clots of mucus and trying to clean it off myself, Ian exclaimed.
- It's not a planet, for example! - Looking around the pilot said Ugolnik.
"This is the dispatcher's cosmopark," Pavel grunted, "as soon as the connection arose, I spoke with the planet." Here in the space park, the temporary headquarters of the planet's defense forces is organized. The president wants to see us.
"I'd like that, Boss, to get dressed." And wash. That is, first wash yourself, and then dress! - Hoping from the coolness, I asked Jan. - It's somehow indecent to appear before the president half-naked and slimy.
- No time to wash! Look, we already have towels. They threw it on and ran to the headquarters. Such an order!
"Break the vacuum!"
- Well, oh-oh-oh!
CHAPTER 7. Dispatching space park
The president of the planet Franz Nadezhda Moskvina slowly sipped her freshly brewed tea with small sips. All present also held in their hands a bowl of the decoction made by the President himself. There was a pleasant herbal spirit in the control room.
The herbs of the planet Franō contained various active elements than Nadezhda could masterfully master, making a decoction with the desired effect. Today's tea could be called: "Concentration without emotion."
Arriving in the control room of the cosmopark a few hours ago, Nadezhda announced that the defense headquarters would be here. At the moment, the people present at the headquarters were divided into two groups.
In the first group, which held a little apart, there were representatives of the cosmoflot: General Katalov, General Khramtsov with his daughter Vika Shishkina, as well as agent Karpenko with the already restored hand. Ekaterina Kirik, although she served in cosmopolitan, but preferred to be near Hope, getting any free time to talk to her.
In the second group there were representatives of the cosmopark: director Natalya Matveeva and counterpart Kolobukhov. They stood a little way off.
And, finally, in the third group was President Nadezhda Moskvin with Defense Minister Timur Khmelkov, nicknamed Experienced. Next to them was Katya.
All obediently drank from the cups because the president announced a tea break, during which extra talk was not welcomed. Follow the same monitors are not forbidden. Some showed the current state of mobilization. Some showed radar data.
Taking the last sip, the president turned to Byvalomu:
- Timur, list, please, once again all those who planned the invasion. We'll put this on a separate monitor. Indicate what forces were planned for the invasion and our chances to fight back.
- That's right, Hope. So, the first threat came from Say - SupremeAI cruiser of cosmic fleet. He planned the invasion with the help of five thousand biodender embryos. If they had gone to the planet, then we would not have had a chance to fight back. But the pack at Sai was not trained. According to my forecasts, it would take them several weeks to learn how to fly in an anomaly.
- Once again I ask you to note, Nadezhda, - General Katalov addressed to the president, - that Sai acted personally, in a cut to interests of cosmoflot. I ask that this information be reflected on the monitor!
- Well, Vladimir, Cyaya we refer to SupremeAI - a separate force in the universe that is interested in our planet.
"So, as we know from General Katalov, Sai was neutralized by a large group of pirates who arrived at the anomaly." At the same time, five thousand untrained biodenders moved to the side of pirates? So?
- Yes that's right. Pirate forces are three cohorts of biorayders trained to pass through the anomaly. If even one cohort could pass to the planet, we again would not have a chance to fight back. None.
- We deduce on the monitor the second force having interest to a planet and against which we are defenseless. Pirates. Further, continued Nadezhda, you all heard the report of Henri about the arrival of the Colossal of cosmoflot. The pirates withdrew their forces, but no one prevents them from returning. Henry said that Professor Vorobyov flew to the planet with - Hope's voice faltered for a moment - with Aida.
"So, the Colossal's forces are constantly replenished with new cruisers." At the time of Henry's departure from outer space, Colossal's forces comprised one hundred battle cruisers. If we extrapolate the increase in the number, then at the moment the cosmic fleet has a grouping of several thousand cruisers.
One more inscription appeared on the monitors: "Colossal". At this moment, General Katalov protested:
- Hope, with all due respect, Colossal of cosmoflot is personified by the cosmic fleet itself, which is the main friend of the planet. Do not put it on a par with pirates and with - General hesitated.
- With Say, you wanted to say? Sai also personified cosmic fleet? Said Vorobyov, who suddenly entered the control room. - Only at the cost of their lives, two brave mercenaries, Dmitry Vysotsky and Vladislav Malinov, stopped the invasion of reprogrammed bio-riders. We would not talk here now, get SupremeAI cosmoflota Sai access to a pack of unreasonable kids.
The appearance of the professor caused a stir from the president's security service, who guarded the interim headquarters. With a confident gait, the professor approached the center of the control room, not paying attention to the security guards running after him.
General Katalov and agent Karpenko almost simultaneously snatched the piercers and began to shoot at the professor. Judging by the sparks bouncing off the professor's jacket, the piercers were not exposed to paralyzing.
"Stop shooting!" The president raised her voice a little.
Shots died down. Professor Vorobiev stopped, adjusted his jacket and looked at the president.
- Thank you, Hope!
"Stand still, pirate!" Warned General Catalov. "I have more powerful weapons." Do not make me use it!
"Easy, General!" Said Nadezhda. "The professor came to talk, did not he?"
"Absolutely true, Hope." It's a pity that we could not talk to you heart to heart forty years ago.
"But you're another professor, Vorobyov?" Or are you the same person, but in a different body? General Katalov and Henri tried to explain, but we did not fully understand it.
"Well, let's start with this, if you like!"
The professor sat down on the approaching self-propelled chair and continued:
"We value the lives of people, but we believe that mankind has given up trying to make his body and mind more perfect." People were afraid to create monsters and forbade experiments on humans many thousands of years ago. The speeding locomotive of evolution stopped.
- And you, therefore, did not stop. Well, well, what next? - still holding the professor on the fly, General Catalov asked with a smile.
- Several influential businessmen and scientists disagreed with the decision to freeze the human development program. So there were so-called pirates. Although, of course, at first about any pirates there was no question. There were only remote stations on which investigations were continued. However, from the century to the century, we were sculpted by the enemy. Do you know who did this?
Silence reigned in the hall, everyone waited for an answer, although he was already hanging in the air.
- We were displeased with the force, which did not stop for a moment in its development. Which year after year, a century after century, millennium after millennium, continued to increase its power and influence, despite the limitations. Artificial intellects with self-consciousness, SupremeAI - that's who made us become the main enemy of mankind.
"That's all very logical," Timur said.
- What do you logically, Experienced? Cried General Catalov. "Do you believe in his tales of good pirates?" Have you forgotten that they are destroying our ships?
- And how many people died in the collisions of cosmic fleet and pirates for the last, say, a hundred years? The professor asked the general.
"How much, how much I do not know!"
"There have not been any casualties among the people lately," said General Khramtsova, head of the analytical department for long-range intelligence.
"Generally, there were victims among people," the professor continued, "but they were people on the side of pirates. For the last hundred years, for example, the cosmoflot under the control of SupremeAI killed more people than it died in cosmic fleet for all the many thousands of years of its existence. SupremeAI kills people, "the professor said the last sentence.
"You do not really look like people!" Said Agent Karpenko. "Judging by what I saw, you are cyborg clones!"
"We do not make clones." We have another goal - to make sure that everyone can develop indefinitely. Make a person immortal, if you want. So far we have not been able to fully realize this. Our scheme now works differently. Each person is unique in his body of bio-biker at any given time. And if the body dies or dies of old age, then a new, sometimes more advanced, is done.
- And how is it done? Vika Shishkin asked quietly.
"We have not learned to endlessly extend life to the whole body. But the brain cells succumbed to our experiments. We have learned to maintain an endless regeneration of brain cells while preserving the natural neurostructures and the processes taking place in them. While the main body is frozen in the cryocamera, the brain is in a semi-frozen state under special conditions. We can grow a copy of this brain in the head of the biokyborg.
- Ha, so you are still doing a clone! Smiled Agent Karpenko.
- We create prolongera! So we call biokiborg with a copy of the mind of the original person. I'm a prolonger. Ivan is a proloner. Almost all of the pilots we captured on the planet agreed to become the ancestors of their prolongers line.
Hope looked attentively at Katya, then turned to the professor with the question:
"But how do you ensure endless development?" Just making copies of the brain is not enough!
"That's all the salt, Hope!" We learned not only to take a copy of the brain structure, but also could connect to the centers of the brain receiving visual, sound, tactile and other signals. Each prolonger, as soon as he becomes available for communication, takes off the data about what he saw, heard, felt. The entire set of data that entered the proloner's brain is sent to the source brain.
- I correctly understand that everything you hear, see or smell, you upload to that source brain? - Nadezhda specified.
- Right! Even the smell of your beautiful herbs. When I die, the next biokyborg, the next prolonger, will remember everything that I lived. Thus, the prolongers extend the life of Professor Oleg Vorobyov, who is already over nine hundred years old. To me, the current prolonger, only forty.
"But you died then, forty years ago, in the explosion?" Asked General Khramtsova. - How did you pass on the information to the next prolonger?
- At that time, unfortunately, the information was not transmitted. I remember only what was the day before, when I last dropped a new piece of data. However, I know what happened there. Each prolonger studies information that the previous prolongers could not pass. This, of course, is not realized by us as real memories.
- And many pirates of such prolongers like you? Asked General Catalov.
"Quite a bit, compared with the population of the central civilizations of mankind!"
Taking a deep breath, the professor looked around the audience and continued in a louder voice:
"Ladies and gentlemen, I beg your pardon, for having exhausted you with all these details!" The fact is that we need a planet called Frang and an anomaly around it in order to restore the status quo. We want to be equal members of humanity. Anomaly is a unique place to which SupremeAI does not have access.
- But your plans are broken off? Is not it a thousand-year-old grandpa? Colossal still pressed you? Gloated Agent Karpenko.
"Right now, the Cosmos Fleet Colossal will establish contact with us, and we'll see," the professor replied.
Indeed, in the control room there was a soft click and a hologram of the admiral of cosmic fleet appeared. Every time Nadezhda imagined how much resources needed to support communication with the open space, she felt uneasy. Drones-repeaters quickly broke up about asteroids anomalies. To compensate for losses, it was necessary to produce up to a million new drones per hour. And such drones are not cheap devices, because they relayed the signal at a superluminal speed.
"The Admiral of the Colossal of the cosmoflot welcomes you," the faceless admiral said in a colorless voice.
Hope could not get used to the fact that the admirals had no names and were most impersonal. She was not even sure that these are real people, and not synthesized images.
"I think you are aware of the latest developments in the anomaly of France," the admiral's hologram said. Then, turning toward the professor, the hologram suddenly ordered: "General Katalov, arrest Professor Oleg Vorobyov!"
The general looked at the professor, then looked at the president, shrugged and calmly said:
"Professor, you're under arrest."
"Very well," the professor replied calmly. However, neither of them even stirred.
There was a slight bewilderment on the face of the admiral. However, this did not affect the monotony of the voice:
- The next step is the evacuation of all visitors to the space park. President Nadezhda Moskvina, I order you to organize the transportation of all citizens of central civilizations to outer space, where they are already waiting for transport ships. The Cosmopark is declared closed!
- Hey, what are you? - indignant Natalya Matveeva, director of the cosmopark. - Hope, do not let them do it!
- In the anomaly zone, an emergency mode is introduced, where the Colossal of the cosmic fleet has absolute powers. No one and nothing can interfere with the implementation of my orders.
Hope mentally consulted with the lawyers of the planet. After that, she looked at Natalya and spread her arms:
"They are really the main ones," she said regretfully. "My only request," she said to the admiral, "let's not conduct an emergency evacuation of visitors, and let them leave the space park in normal mode." We just will not receive new guests!
"It's impossible," the admiral said. "Evacuation should begin right now." Otherwise, your actions will be perceived as sabotage. You will be arrested and subjected to mental interrogation, President Nadezhda Moskvin.
"But what caused this urgency?" - Hope tried to drag on time, feverishly trying to come up with a way to mitigate the economic damage from the hard decisions of cosmic fleet.
"This concentration of citizens of central civilizations in such a remote place of the studied Universe provokes a desire to take them hostage. You yourself saw that first the deviant SupremeAI, and then the pirates tried to play your space park for their own purposes. It's necessary to stop right now. Do you have something to say, President? Even if there is, objections are not acceptedI. Proceed to the execution of the order.
- I have something to object! Said Professor Vorobiev suddenly. - I do not like the termination of the activity of the space park. As you managed to correctly notice, I need hostages in the anomaly of France to guarantee non-aggression on your part.
- Can you imagine what forces have collected cosmic fleet in the anomaly? Asked the nondescript admiral. - Will you resist us alone?
Perhaps Nadezhda seemed, but the face of the admiral glimpsed a smile.
"Not alone." There are two of us, "answered the professor and looking sadly at Katya, turned to her." Katya, are you ready? "
"Yes," Katya said uncertainly. - I'm sorry.
Katya looked at her friends from the flight school:
"Bye, Allah, while, Vova, for now, Byvaly, good-bye, Aunt Nadia," Kate said softly, almost crying. - I have not lived so much. I, prolonger, do not want to die.
- Kate? - Hope surprised, - what is it? What are you going to do?
- Yes, she is a prolonger, like the professor, and Ivan! Shouted Agent Karpenko.
He sent a punch to Katya, but did not have time to shoot. Katya's body began to disintegrate into many small cubes. As if a large figure made of lego was scattered into separate details, pouring a heap on the floor. Each cube, in turn, disintegrated into smaller particles, the size of a piece of sugar. But these particles continued to disintegrate into even smaller ones, which are no longer visible to the eye. After just five seconds, it all ended.
- So what does it mean? The admiral asked the professor after a short pause.
- Katie is no more. She transformed the matter of her body into millions of microscopic bombs. Now these bombs are spreading over the cosmopark, attaching themselves to the back of every visitor. The power of the charge is such that with a guarantee will blow the head of a person. I can undermine as a separate bomb, and all at once.
- Yah? - General Katalov said doubtfully.
"I can conduct a demonstration," the professor answered in a businesslike manner. "See that chair in the corner?" One bomb was fixed on it.
After waiting a second, so that those present could look at the chair, the professor blew an invisible charge. There was an explosion accompanied by a bright flash. The upper part of the chair with the back swung upward, tearing away from the moving device. Flying through half of the hall, part of the chair collapsed to the floor next to the representatives of the cosmopark. Natalia and Eugenia barely managed to jump off.
"Oh, I beg your pardon, ladies!" I did not expect the explosion to be so strong.
- Wow! Experienced, with a note of delight exclaimed Experienced.
- Experienced, why are you happy? The professor, in fact, takes visitors hostage! Perhaps not only visitors, General Katalov scratched his head with suspicion.
"Yes, I'm not talking about an explosion, you'll see who is going," said Experienced at the entrance to the control room.
Loud shuffling barefoot on the floor and leaving slimy tracks from the muddy mucus, the control room included the security guards Pavel and Yana. Behind them, as if afraid to slip, pilot Pilot Ugolnik began to seed. Towels were put on everyone's bare shoulders. The same slime glistened on the bodies of those who entered.
- Pasha! - shouted the director of the cosmopark Natalia, - at last you, your mother, have returned! Why do I wait so long for my chief security officer?
- Well, we're not on a comfortable rider came back.
- But as?
"In the intestines of the bio-rider," Yana said cheerfully.
- In the real ones, break the vacuum! - added the pilot Ugolnik.
- Are you saying that the pirate bioreider brought you to the cosmopark, overcoming the depth of the anomaly? The admiral asked in surprise.
- Yes, - answered the audience in chorus. "Your blackleg," the pilot added separately.
The holographic figure of the admiral froze, thoughtfully bowing her head. There was a feeling that the connection with the Colossal was interrupted and the last transmitted frame of the hologram was displayed in the control room. But then the figure came alive:
"I gave all the information to Colossal, and together we took the following decision." Due to the fact that Professor Vorobyov probably took ten million visitors to the cosmopark hostage, having attached microscopic charges to them, and also because the possibility of passage to the planet of pirate biowarriers was confirmed, Colossal estimates the likelihood of capture of the anomaly by pirates as very high. To prevent long-term problems for all of humanity, the space park will be destroyed along with all visitors.
- So how? - General Silov said in complete silence.
"If the planet's forces begin to interfere with the forces of cosmic fleet, the entire planet will be destroyed."
"Are you kidding, uncle?" Asked Agent Karpenko in bewilderment.
- I'm sorry, but this is the most logical solution to the current crisis. We can not allow a situation in which pirates occupy an anomaly, having ten million hostages. If the council of central civilizations of mankind learns about this, then any demands of pirates will be fulfilled. Colossal cosmoflot can not allow this.
- So the Colossal of cosmoflot decided to exterminate all people on the planet? - General Khramtsova entered into the conversation. "What about the voices of the two remaining Colossals?" Will they support this genocide?
"Unfortunately, we can not establish contact with other Colossals." The local repeater does not function, and the one that is in Colossal is in temporary repair.
"Do I understand correctly, Admiral, that you are going to destroy a cosmopark with millions of people?" Asked President Nadezhda with a puzzled expression. "We can not take them all to the planet quickly!"
- You misunderstood the president! We eliminate people as such to avoid the possibility of blackmail in the future. The rest of the Colossals, not to mention the advice, are too soft for such a logical solution. The lack of communication with the center gives the cosmoflot a chance to solve the problem of the anomaly of France once and for all.
Representatives of cosmoflot attacked the hologram of the admiral, trying to persuade to cancel the attack. The rest began to discuss violently the words of the admiral. Professor Vorobiev sat alone in his chair with a sad look, keeping silence.
Nadezhda tried to restore the fateful chain of events that led to the catastrophe. How did it happen that the cosmic fleet, which for centuries financed the school of flights of the planet, suddenly decided to commit genocide? Hope knew a few people from cosmopolitan, who were not from the planet, but were citizens of central civilizations. For example, Andrei Korotaev - the captain of the cruiser, a very nice man. He could not go on massacres.
"Prepare to die, people!" No one will leave the anomaly alive! - loudly proclaimed the hologram of the admiral and with a click disappeared from the control room.
This brought the president out of his daze. Action was required.
- I ask for silence! - Hope turned to all those present. "You've all heard that Colossal announced the beginning of the intervention." This is not a joke, I just received an official notification of controlled killing. The first time I see this
The last words the president said in a slightly bewildered voice. Adding a voice of confidence and a startled, she began to give directions:
- Alla and Vika, urgently make all possible methods of attack of cosmoflot. It is necessary to understand how, when it is impossible to operate combat drones in an anomaly, cosmoflot is going to attack us!
Hope looked towards the representatives of the park:
- Natasha and Eugenia, organize the fastest evacuation of visitors to the space park. You need to move them to the planet in a protected place. Please note that evacuation may need to be conducted under fire.
Further, the president turned to the security guards:
- Pavel and Yana, scan everything here for the bugs of cosmoflot. Surely they arranged them everywhere together with the repeater drones. It is necessary to neutralize them and provide protection against new ones.
Hope took a breath and continued:
- Vova and experienced, you will be on the front line. Vova, you are the leader of the third hundred, Experienced - you are the second leader. Begin to bundle your hundreds.
Having looked at how businesslike and without unnecessary emotions people started to carry out assignments, Hope once again thanked herself for having arranged a tea break. The broth "Concentration without emotions" worked out especially well for her.
Deeply sighing, the president drew attention to the monitor with the current state of mobilization. Seven hundred riders are ready for battle. The strength is small, but it will have a very powerful fist.
- @ Dispatching | President Nadezhda Moskvina. Henri, cosmopolitan begins to invade the anomaly. I will send you a record of what was happening in the control room. Collect your hundred riders and start patrolling in the vicinity of the cosmopark. You are the leader of the first hundred.
- @ | Henri. It is accepted, the president! I begin to select brave souls. Do not worry, even if the cosmic fleet directs all its forces into an anomaly, it goes all the way down and only hundreds, maybe thousands of drones can approach the planet.
Millions have reached the planet.
CHAPTER 8. Rider Henry
The stationary punch of my rider can make five thousand volleys on one charge. I looked at the counter - there were "103". Heck! Only we pushed the enemy back to the light second inside the anomaly, as I need to fly to recharge.
- # 3. First! The enemy is changing tactics!
- #1. I understand you, third! Already I pass the information to the strategists.
This was the second time that Colossal was changing the tactics of his drones. An hour ago, the dispatcher spotted the breakthrough of the anomaly right next to the spaceport. I with my hundred somehow managed to break point. We got involved in the fight, trying to push the drones back into the mash of asteroids anomalies. The way in which Kolosal intervened was immediately understood.
Cosmoflot is the only one who managed to establish a communication channel with the planet. For this, a chain of communication drones was built-a thin thread running through the depth of the anomaly to its center.
Colossal weaved from these strings rope, consisting of a million individual communication channels, creating a narrow corridor a hundred kilometers wide. And in this corridor, in this wormhole, the guys, the superluminal connection with Kolossal. If the modern combat drones of the cosmic fleet could function in an anomaly, then under the control of the Colossal they would have easily defeated any forces of the planet's defense. But quantum drones did not work in an anomaly.
The strategists of the planet, headed by Alla Khramtsova, assumed that the Colossal is mobilizing a long-obsolete technique on transistor circuits. Moreover, in order to immediately begin the destruction of the planet, Colossal had to collect these old ships in advance. So, apparently, it was. I do not know how many old warehouses, factories and abandoned stations had to be traced, but Colossal collected an outstanding collection of rare combat riders.
All riders have been upgraded to managed drones. If the model of the old rider assumed the presence of a pilot, then a remotely controlled piloting unit was installed.
You can not imagine how many different techniques I saw in that hour! More than a hundred kinds of ancient ships. How I feel sorry to carry them to pieces, you would only know!
- # 3. First! Drones of the enemy began to assemble into one hundred groups, increasing the number of units in each.
- #1. Yes, I see, the third! Distribute evenly over the entire width of the corridor in layers of twenty riders. The distance between the layers is five hundred kilometers. So far I received only such recommendations from the strategists.
At the time of the breakthrough, the tactic of the enemy was very simple - crush the mass. The Drones did not even engage us in battle. They are stupidly pearly ahead of the planet and the cosmopark, relying on a 100-fold numerical advantage. But we were able to contain them! They even managed without losses!
Ten minutes later, Colossal changed tactics. Drones began to fight us bitterly. Several of my pilots did not have time to react and were hit. The second, tenth and fifteenth died. My hundred now numbered ninety-seven riders.
However, we quickly switched from the monotonous shooting of thousands of flying discs to a real battle. Now we had to take into account the fact that the drones are trying to shoot us. I had to retreat a little.
The recommendation of the strategists after the first change of tactics of the enemy was as follows: evenly distributed along the width of the corridor into one layer. Each rider took on the defense of his zone. Gradually, the size of the zones of responsibility was redistributed depending on the skill of the pilot. Experienced pilots like the third took on more opponents.
In a few minutes we not only managed to stop the retreat, but also significantly pressed the enemy deep into the anomaly, while avoiding losses. And now Colossal again changes tactics, but I only have one hundred and three shots.
Before that, having committed almost five thousand shots, I hit four thousand drones. If the ratio persists, I can destroy seventy or eighty drones. Few! It would be necessary, using the calm, to fly to the base to reload the piercer.
- #1. The third! You stay behind the main thing. To all the pilots! Identify a list of thirty riders with the least number of remaining volleys. We fly fast to rechargey.
Unfortunately, to the very last I ignored the recommendations of the strategists who developed the scheme for the withdrawal of hundreds of parts for recharging. It was too hot. And now it's time to start recharging a hundred, otherwise it will be too late.
Breaking from the center of its zone, I rushed at all pores in the direction of the space park. There was promptly deployed a maintenance site. Thirty riders followed me.
- #1. Thirty, flying to recharge! Divide into three groups and be ready to return to the forefront.
It is necessary to prepare for the fact that the new Colossal tactics will not be enough for the remaining riders. Depending on the severity of the situation, I could return to the front one, two or all three dozen riders. Let there are not enough volleys, but it can help in an organized retreat with minimal losses. And there's something we can think of.
- # 3. First! The enemy has already accumulated two hundred units in each of the hundred groups. Another group, shaped like a wedge, began to form in the center of the corridor. This group has already a thousand units.
- #1. The third! Go back one light millisecond, keeping the order.
The Colossal's tactics became more and more complicated. What is he up to? And most importantly, how much more resources does he have? Only to maintain one communication line, he needs to continuously infuse up to one million new repeater drones per hour. Thus, supporting one corridor of intrusion requires a trillion new repeaters hourly! It is difficult even to imagine this figure: ??? ???. Per hour.
- @ Dispatching | Strategist Alla Khramtsova. Attention all! A fourth breakthrough was made.[Конец связи]
Hell! I hope the strategists came up with the plan B. So far the planet managed to prepare only eight hundred battle-worthy riders. Four hundred already engaged battles. Almost fifty more were sent to the front line, to the aid of the second and third hundred. The losses in them were so high that the strategists found it necessary to send them reinforcements from reserves. However, the leaders of the second and third hundred, General Katalov and Experienced are still in the ranks! Hold on, guys!
My hundred reinforcements were not yet required, and I hoped that it would not be needed as long as possible. In reserve, there were about three hundred and fifty riders. In addition to this, the planet could prepare a maximum of another hundred in the next few hours. So, we have someone to put on three or four new breakthroughs. What if there were more breakthroughs, I did not think. Let the strategists think about it, but I need to prepare for the battle.
Having braked at the last moment, I landed on the maintenance platform slot. The technicians began to inspect the rider and reload the piercer. This should take no more than five minutes. Other riders landed on neighboring slots. Enemy drones have not yet begun an attack, and I brought the entire thirty to reload.
- @ Dispatching | Strategist Alla Khramtsova. Henri! To help your hundred sent biodender Yuri Krasilnikov. I recommend taking him to the center of the corridor.[Конец связи]
That's good news! The president listened to my advice and accepted Yuri to serve in the planetary troops. Now we have our own bio-rider! And even what! Legendary Yuri Krasilnikov, in whose honor the school of flights is named. By the way, all the pilots who participate in the battle, studied at the school of flights. I think that the news about Yuri's participation will raise their morale.
It is a pity that Katya is not with us. Prolonger it or not prolonger - it does not matter. This is the very Katya. So strange, forty years have passed, and Katya has not changed at all. All the same focused and purposeful. And beautiful, of course. I wonder how I seemed to her? If I understand correctly how the system of prolongation of life works for pirates, then, probably, Katya will still appear. It will be another prolonger, but the same Katya. Hmm
- @ Dispatching | Strategist Alla Khramtsova. Attention all! Fifth breakthrough.[Конец связи]
Seeing on the console that the technicians had finished recharging and moved away from the rider, I rushed back to the wormhole of the first breakthrough. If an hour ago it seemed to me that we would easily repulse, now I began to realize the seriousness of the situation. Breakthroughs began to appear one by one. Drones of the enemy cleared before our eyes, or rather Colossal improved his tactics. It is not known whether I, for example, will be able to hold the horde of drones on their next attack.
- @ | BioRayder Yuri Krasilnikov. Henri, I greet you! I got involved in the battle. I was sent to your hundred. Are we flying to the forefront?
- @ | Henri. Hello, Yuri! Glad to see. Now I'll connect you to the conference call of my hundred. Your call sign: one hundred and first.
- #1. One hundred and first! Follow me. Hold in the middle of the corridor.
- # 101. It is accepted, the first!
Once issued, the call sign of the pilot is retained for him until the end of the battle. Even if the pilot dies, his callsign can not be reassigned to another. Therefore, Yuri became one hundred and first. By the way, this number is not only the name for the conference call, but the ordinal number of seniority.
- #1. The third! I come with reinforcements.
- # 3. Got it, first! Note that the enemy has accumulated a thousand drones in each of the hundred groups. The central group now consists of five thousand units.
- #1. I see the third one! There were recommendations from strategists. They assume that the Colossal will attack each of our riders with a group of thousands of drones. At this time, the central group will rush into a breakthrough.
- # 3. First! It turns out one thousand on one. Bad layout!
- #1. Do not drift, the third! We will use the fact that enemy drones can not leave the corridor. We divide into two equal parts. The first takes on a hundred enemy groups, the second - the central wedge. The first part acts on the border of the corridor, then leaving it, then appearing in another place, disorienting the enemy and covering the second part of the hundred. The second hundred stands in the center of the corridor. One hundred and first, you're in the second half!
- # 3. It is accepted, the first!
- # 101. It is accepted, the first!
I looked at the logs of the other hundreds. In their corridors the enemy's drones acted in the old manner. Perhaps Colossal plans in our corridor to try out new tactics. Surely the strategists noticed this and sent the bio-rider to us for help.
In spite of the fact that the bio-rider is one, in the given circumstances it can become a significant force. I entered, for example, in a fight with a bio-rider in an anomaly - I would easily overpower him. But the ancient drones of cosmoflot are another matter. Their volleys, fatal for our riders, do not break through the massive body of a biorider that has a length of fifty meters. This relatively unwieldy target is difficult to destroy for drones. While the firepower of Yuri - that's it!
The strategists offered the second half of my hundred such an algorithm: Yuri and I, being in the center of the corridor, take the main impact of the wedge, breaking its order. The rest of the riders destroy the fallen off. Maybe it will work. Only too many of them.
The radars signaled the beginning of the enemy's movement. Ninety-eight groups of one thousand units went straight to their goals - riders. Two groups remained in place. This confirmed the hypothesis of the strategists - to destroy each rider Colossal collected a thousand drones. The central wedge also moved into the attack.
- #1. The first half, the second half! Begin.
For a better understanding of what is happening, I will remind you that we are in an anomaly. And this is a hodgepodge of asteroids flying at a mad speed. Some of them can have a kilometer in diameter, some ten. Zazevalsya - and now you already cake on the surface of a flying asteroid.
When I say, for example, that a bio-rider has taken a position in the center of the corridor, this does not mean that it is hanging at one point. He constantly rushes from side to side, making evasive maneuvers, trying to stay in approximately one zone.
Imagine that you are on a mountainside during an intense rockfall. On you from above, in a continuous stream, stones of all sizes and shapes fly. You need to dodge, jump, crouch. Stop at least for a split second - and you end. Now imagine that the stones fly not only from the top down the slope, but also from the right, and from the left, and from above, and from below, and from behind. And even their speed is such that for evasion sometimes you have to develop an acceleration of 100g!
We, the pilots of the planet Fran, have been learning to pilot in such conditions since childhood. Onboard AI helps us track the trajectories of the nearest flying asteroids, which makes it possible to make evasive maneuvers. With an increase in the speed of motion, AI is getting worse with its work. The skill of the pilot comes to the fore.
Have I told you before that we are unusual people? Hundred generations of adaptation to overload and gene correction have done their job. My vessels are steel tubes, my brain is an extraordinarily powerful neural network, capable of instantly prompting the necessary maneuver.
As I approach the horde of enemy drones, let me explain to you why it took Colossal so much time to collect drones. The fact that the drones are constantly broken! According to my estimates, to collect a central wedge of five thousand drones in this place, Colossal had to send fifty thousand. On the way, nine out of ten crashed. And there were two reasons. First, drones are ancient ships, some simply lacked the maneuverability to evade asteroids. Secondly, even Colossal and the supermind, capable of effectively predicting the trajectories of asteroids, but at that distance lags began to appear! Drones were managed remotely, and the signal, albeit superluminal, had to pass hundreds of thousands of repeaters in the anomaly. They were lost for a while! There were regular situations when due to such signal delays the Colossal did not have time to react to the threats and the drones were broken about asteroids.
In this situation, I saw our chance! If it could maneuver quickly enough, then due to lags, it would be possible to become almost invisible to the Colossal.
- # 101. First! Contact with the wedge will be in five seconds.
- #1. One hundred and first! Accepted. I have two.
I came out a little ahead of Yuri and the others and immediately knocked three drones out of the wedge, spending three volleys. You need to save the piercer's charge! Oh - that's the thousandth group came over my soul. One against a thousand is serious. I did not apply the tactic of care from the corridor, proposed by the strategists, but fell right into the center of the enemy's cluster.
Volley, slope, bias, volley The first five hundred drones I took off easily. But the enemy was getting smarter every second. Colossal began to organize traps and try to drive me into them. Colossal, using its infinite computing power, began to predict not only a set of trajectories of asteroids, but also my trajectory! So, I need to get faster. Even faster. Gradually, I began to fall into a fighting trance. Hang on, I'm the best pilot of humanity!
STATS || In the ranks: 8? leader: # ? zamlidera: # 3
A minute, and I swept a thousand drones! But the guys from my hundred have a hard time. I choose the nearest ball of drones, pursuing the rushing rider. I'm getting involved!
STATS || In the ranks: 6? leader: # ? zamlidera: # 5
Minute, and one more group is broken. The third and fourth died. I note mechanically. I get into a fight with another group, chasing the seventh.
STATS || In the ranks: 5? leader: # ? zamlidera: # 7
Minute. I broke the opponents of the seventh. I note that Colossal formed a group of ten thousand drones specially for me. It's good. The guys will be easier. There are seven thousand volleys left. I will accelerate to the limit values. Micro strokes began. I start the medical system at full capacity.
STATS || In the ranks: 2? leader: # ? zamlidera: # 40
Minute. I broke ten thousand riders. I apply the tactics of damage to the tangent of several targets with one volley. I fly to Yuri, I'm getting involved in the destruction of the wedge drones.
- # 101. First! I got too much damage. My body becomes clumsy. Soon I will not be able to evade asteroids and enemies. Henri, take care, please, about the kids in the stable zone. I'll give you the coordinates. Try to save them. Good-bye, Henri.
Minute. Drain the wedge destroyed. I note receiving a message from one hundred and first. There is no time to understand the meaning. The medical system gives three minutes before the onset of irreversible brain damage. There are three hundred volleys left. I'm flying out to help the seventieth.
STATS || In the ranks: ? leader: # ? zamlidera: # 70
Minute. The seventieth was beaten back. There are no enemies around us. The radar shows that a group of two hundred drones has gone into a gap in the direction of the planet. There are ten volleys left. The other three remaining riders in the amount of fifty more volleys. We catch up. I use the ram on the tangent with a strong part of the body.
STATS || In the ranks: ? leader: # ? zamlidera: # 83
Minute. All enemy drones are destroyed. Ten seconds before the onset of irreversible brain damage. I'm slowing down. Slower, slower.
- #1. Eighty-three! Slow down the speed. We return for maintenance.
Eighty-three does not answer. The console shows that his medical system can not cope with the brain damage. The mark disappears from the radar.
STATS || In the ranks: ? leader: # ? deputy leader: - - @ Dispatching | Strategist Alla Khramtsova. Attention all! The corridor of the first breakthrough is cleaned. New drones are not observed.[Конец связи]
As I approached the maintenance site, I returned to the usual rhythm. It's not so easy to get out of the fighting trance. You need good drugs to do it quickly. There were drugs.
The monitor of the medical system showed that it takes half an hour to compensate for all damages. Yes of course! Now I will refill the piercer's charge, repair the hull, and it's time to collect a new hundred to be ready for another breakthrough. Or fly to the aid of a fighting hundred. Here, as already strategists will decide.
I looked at the logs of others withten. In the corridors of all breakthroughs, Colossal began to apply tactics, tested in the first breakthrough. The enemy retreated and began to accumulate strength. In response, the strategists decided to try a new algorithm in the second breakthrough. The Hundred of the Experienced did not begin to arrange a respite, but went on the offensive, preventing the enemy from concentrating large forces.
- @ Dispatching | Strategist Alla Khramtsova. Henry, rush to the control room! There is an urgent task.
- @ | Henri. In the control room? What for? What do I do there? My place in battle!
- @ Dispatching | Strategist Alla Khramtsova. Henri, we can not hold back the enemy for long. Our resources are running out. You will have a special mission. Waiting for you in the control room.[Конец связи]
The technicians finished with my rider and moved away. Urgently so urgently. I accelerated and braked with a very decent overload, getting to the control room doors in three seconds. Having jumped out of the rider, I tried to run. But there it was, the body tissues had not fully recovered. Having replaced run on a fast step, I entered the control room.
- What kind of mission have you planned for me? I asked the attendants without greeting.
Alla Khramtsova was behind the console, surrounded by other strategists. Near her stood Vika Shishkina. A little further away sat Professor Vorobiev. I hobbled in the direction of Alla.
"Henri!" - stumbling from the console, Alla turned in my direction and looked at me with red, tired from fatigue eyes. - It is necessary to take the professor out into space as soon as possible so that he can convey the message to other Colossals. Only they can block the actions of Colossal of cosmic fleet. The professor agreed to sacrifice himself to send the signal, as Ivan did on your rider.
- Clear. But why me? Why not any other pilot? Yes, by the way, the professor has arrived on a planet on АИДЕ. Let her take him to outer space.
- AIDA takes part in the battle together with a hundred experienced. They act in the same way as you and Yuri, "Alla explained calmly. "We need the fastest and most experienced pilot, because we do not know what to expect in outer space." You are the best you can navigate and ensure the sending of a message. We believe that only this mission can save the planet. It is necessary to inform humanity about what is happening here.
Despite the lousy mood and the desire to rush into battle, I understood Alla's logic. On the planet there are good pilots and me. But they are now certainly in the very heat of battle. And I - here he is, just flew to the maintenance.
- Good. Professor, jump into the rider. Have driven!
"I'm also flying with you," Alla said, rising from the console.
I looked at Alla and the professor with surprise.
"You probably have a reason for this." We will not waste time. Tell the details along the way. Professor, are you going?
Professor Vorobyev silently rose and, waiting for Alla, headed for the exit. Leaning my hands on my knees, I jerked from my chair. Nothing, now I'll sit in the rider, and the medical system will treat me.
Evgenia Kolobukhova ran into the control room:
- The first five anti-aircraft guns arrived! We begin the installation. Five more will be lifted for ten minutes! - Evgenia rushed to her place behind the console.
The evacuation of the visitors to the spaceport did not pass as quickly as we would like. The planet's defense forces found old antiaircraft turrets in storage, which could be used in case the enemy drones broke through to the spaceport. Evgenia coordinated the delivery and installation work. There were not enough turrets, and they were ineffective against the enemy's brutal drones. But it was better than nothing.
"I understand, Zhenya," Alla replied, already approaching the door. "Good-bye, Vika!" - She turned to her daughter.
"Mom, do you have to go with the professor?" Vika's voice seemed lifeless.
- Yes, Vika. The professor must transmit a long message with a complex signature of Colossal. Only I, the general of cosmoflot, have the opportunity to use this signature. I need to be close at the time of sending.
"Be careful, Mom!"
- You too!
The three of us left the building and climbed into the rider. Wearing gravity compensatory suits, the professor and Alla settled in armchairs.
"Professor, how do you endure overload?" I need to calculate the maximum permissible acceleration parameters.
"Do not worry about me, Henri!"
- As you say. I will be guided by Alla. By the way, in open space we will fly through the corridor of the second breakthrough. It's all the same along the way, but I have five thousand piercings of piercer.
"Henri, do not forget that the main thing is to fulfill the mission as soon as possible!"
- Of course, Alla, I remember. But look at the logs of hundreds of Experienced. They are the last of their strength. Of the entire hundred, only 20 riders and AIDA remained at the Experienced. And it is not known what condition it is in. Professor, do not you want to help Aide?
"Do as you see fit, Henri." I rely on you.
Well, there was no objection. Excellent! I entered the anomaly and prepared for battle. It was necessary to remember that behind my back sat two passengers, which greatly reduced the maneuvering possibilities.
Suddenly I saw drones on the radar. And this is almost at the very exit from the corridor to the cosmopark! Individual drones seeped through the ranks of hundreds of Experienced. Not a problem, I'll clean it up. Moving further along the corridor, I destroyed single drones, almost without reducing the speed of the anomaly. As we moved towards the forefront, the concentration of drones was getting higher and higher.
Judging by the indicators on the console, the professor and Alla endured overloading well. So you can add speed. That's a group of a hundred drones came out on me. Half a minute - and the group is destroyed.
The console signaled a possible danger to passengers' health. The possible danger is not yet real. Increase the speed. A group of three hundred drones - destroyed. A group of four hundred - destroyed.
Automation gave me the callsign and connected hundreds of Experienced people to the conference call.
- # 143. First! This is Henri. Where do I need help?
- # 25. One hundred forty-three! I am the current leader. The first one was eliminated. We can not stop the wedge. There are only twenty left. Go in the center.
- # 143. Twenty fifth! Accepted.
In the time that has passed since the beginning of the invasion, my emotions have become dull. Too many friends and acquaintances died. But Experienced Farewell, Timur. And I'm moving straight to the enemy. I increase the speed. Professor and Alla will have a hard time.
STATS || In the ranks: ? leader: # 2? zamlidera: # 99
There were only a thousand of them left. I burst into the thick of it. You can not save volleys. One shot is one drone.
- # 106. One hundred forty-three! Henri, this is AIDA. It seems to me that my path has come to an end. Tell the professor that I
I did not have to send anything to the professor because he and Alla could hear the conference messages. The professor did not say anything, only silently said something with his lips.
STATS || In the ranks: ? leader: # 2? zamlidera: # 99
Minute, and all the enemy drones are defeated. Of the hundreds of experienced, there were only two riders who were already hurrying to the maintenance site, then to return to battle again in the other hundreds.
- @ Dispatching | Strategist Victoria Shishkina. Attention all! The corridor of the second breakthrough is cleaned. New drones are not observed.[Конец связи]
Well, it's time to start the mission. The health of the passengers was assessed by the medical system as satisfactory. Could be worse.
- @ Dispatching | Strategist Victoria Shishkina. Attention all! The sixth breakthrough was made.[Конец связи]
This message was the last thing I received, before leaving the corridor with a working connection and rushing into the chaos of the anomaly. In the case of the seventh breakthrough, it will not be possible to collect a full hundred to repel the attack. So, we must add speed again.
Alla was right, the only thing stopping the Colossal of cosmic fleet is the joint decision of the other two Colossals. It is impossible to imagine that, having received information about what is happening in the anomaly of France, the Colossals would remain indifferent.
- AIDA was my most beloved creation. No matter how many biodenders live, they always remain naive five-year-olds. We deliberately limited the possibility of developing their personality. I talked a lot with AIDOI. Her imprisonment in the supercomputer of the Space Center of the flight school forty years ago gave impetus to her personal growth. She became more emotionally receptive. We were friends.
I did not immediately notice the words of the professor, as I did not expect that one of the passengers could speak at such overloads. But apparently, the body of the fourth-generation cyborg is not so easy to harm.
"I'm sorry, Professor, that AIDA is dead." Today is a terrible day for the planet. We will make sure that humanity learns about this and learns a lesson.
"Do not fool yourself with illusions, Henri. Mankind, of course, will be terribly shocked by what happened somewhere out there, on the edge of the studied universe. However, a month will pass, and the planet Franz will be forgotten. Nevertheless, you will need to use the moment of glory to bargain for yourself new, much more beneficial conditions of coexistence with humanity.
"I constantly forget, Professor, that you are a pirate and, generally speaking, not a person." But the inhabitants of France are people. We belong to humanity. We do not have to bargain for better terms. Colossal of cosmoflot is a criminal and a murderer, guilty of thousands of deaths. He must be brought to justice and he must be destroyed.
"It's a naive position, Henri." I think that Colossal will not do anything. Maximum, will install additional modules of far superluminal communication. The death of the inhabitants of the planet Franz will be written off to the intrigues of pirates. Deviant behavior of Say is also justified by the provocation of pirates. We are a very handy tool for spaceflight. We can write anything down on us.
- I'm not very interested in politics, unlike, by the way, from my second personality Sergey Avetikova.
"I understand, Henri." You are the best pilot who saved the planet today, eliminating at least two invasions. But politics will affect you in one way or another. Think, Henri, over who you are for a common inhabitant of the central civilization of mankind.
- Ha, I think that we are for them cavemen, who have been behind in development for a couple of thousand years, locked up in the reservations of the space anomaly.
- True, but that's not all. You are mutants for them. The first colonists of the planet underwent gene modification to improve survival. Moreover, the unusual radiation background of the anomaly causes mutations that accumulate from generation to generation. So for the average inhabitant of mankind we with you - a cyborg and a mutant. Do you think, from his point of view, we deserve the same rights as normal people? For the rights of us, the pirates, and you, the inhabitants of France, will have to fight. Fortunately, your president, Nadezhda Moskvina, understands this.
- Be sure, we will fight! Including with you, if you again decide to capture the planet.
"Henri, our positions are much closer than you think." Pirates consciously change the nature of man, and you are subject to change under the influence of an anomaly.
- It turns out that we are spoiled people.
- On the contrary. We are more perfect! Only recently our scientists began to understand a little the nature of the anomaly of France. Here the vacuum has completely different properties than in the rest of the universe. The most surprising is that, it seems, the space inside the anomaly does not expand with the universe. Anomaly is a kind of protection, ten light seconds of a stable, constant vacuum.
"Protection from what?"
Well, one of the hypotheses is that an anomaly can survive the big explosion that gave rise to the universe. Many scientists go even further and believe that the anomaly has already gone through not one big explosion. So if a new one happens, then in the anomaly, you can escape.
- Now it became even clearer to me why you, pirates, want to capture the planet. You want to get on this ark before another big bang! An excellent fairy tale!
- This is really only a hypothesis. But if you accept it, you can make one more assumption. Maybe there was some power, or civilization, if you want, which created the anomaly of France with the planet in the middle. Planet Earth type, mind you! So the mutations caused by the anomaly do not spoil people, but make a deliberate change for some purpose. All this is hypothetical, of course.
- It's funny, but the pirates do something too. You also created new intelligent beings - bioriders. True, they limited their age to five years in order to better obey.
"Henri, have you often seen five-year-old children listen to their parents in everything?" We limited the development of their personality in order to avoid the error of the humanity that created SupremeAI. These superintelligences can uncontrolledly improve their consciousness. My friend The calculator assumes that because of such creatures, big explosions occur every fourteen billion years.
I did not continue to continue the conversation with the professor. We have already passed the upper layers of the anomaly. In a few seconds we will go into open space, and I must be prepared for any development of the situation.
Getting out of the anomaly, I saw a horrible picture. Thousands and thousands of marks of spaceflight ships produced millions of drones. Drones with thin rivulets stretched to ten points of entrance to the anomaly. It turned out that Colossal had prepared ten corridors for intervention.
We were clearly noticed, several modern combat drones advanced in our direction. In open space, my rider is helpless against them.
"Professor, we have only ten minutes to deliver the signal." You are ready?
"As you know, during the transfer, I will cease to exist," Professor Vorobyov answered. "I have not lived so much." I, prolonger, do not want to die.
"Professor, there's no way out!" Billions of people on the planet will appreciate your sacrifice, "General Khramtsova said. - Tell me, what do I need to do to give you the signature of the call?
- I want to be frank with you, Alla and Henri. I need to convey information about what happened to me the next proletonger of Professor Vorobiev. This is vitally important for us!
"But you promised!"
"Do not worry, we'll send two messages at a time." One will go to the pirate, the other to your leadership.
- Wow, you can? - I was surprised. - Ivan was able to transmit only thirteen characters.
- I have a fourth generation body with much greater capabilities. Nevertheless, I will not have enough of one body to send two messages of matter. I need additional biological matter. And it can only be you, Allah.
- Unfortunately this is the case. Either we send two signals, or none.
"So then do not take away Alla, but my biological matter." Only faster, because in a few minutes all our joint biomass will be fried with drones! - I shouted, not taking my eyes off the radar.
- Henri, - Alla carefully looked at me. Her eyes were feverishly burning, but she said firmly and calmly, "I can not pass an anomaly on your rider." So it should be me.
"It's not only this," the professor explained, "but that Allah's brain is embedded in the signatures of Cosmoflot signals. Only by using Alla's body, I can apply them to signal transmission.
In the rider, silence reigned. I was not going to rush Alla to say goodbye to life. My job is to follow the approaching drones and calculate the cut-off time when it's not too late to begin the procedure of throwing an armchair into space.
The first alternate option: immersion in the anomaly, moving to another point, leaving the anomaly for another attempt to transmit the signal.
The second alternative is to return to the planet in order to stand up to the last in a battle with the drones. This is if Alla does not dare. But she decided.
"Forty years ago, the previous proletonger of the professor sacrificed himself to save me in an explosion at the VC. Now we will perish together. What do we have to do?
Without further ado, the professor unfastened himself and walked over to Alla's chair.
- You also have a prolonger, Alla. This is your daughter. I think you gave her enough from yourself. Part of you will be in Vick. Farewell!
The professor turned to me:
"Henry, start the reset procedure in twenty seconds." Bye!
With these words the professor's body turned into a plastic mass, which began to envelop the lying Alla. After a few seconds, her frightened eyes disappeared beneath the crawling substance.
After counting ten seconds, I started the reset. A moment later, the chair appeared in the viewport of the porthole. The body covered by the professor's body Alla separated. At the same moment, it turned into a dazzling flash, which rushed in two directions with two shots. The messages are transmitted.
The radar signaled the drones' momentary exit to the distance of the volley. It's time for me to move back to my native element. After cutting the engines, I corkscrewed into an anomaly. Just before diving into the upper layers, the radar showed that all the Colossal's drones sent to the corridors stopped and then headed back. Did Colossal stop the intervention?
CHAPTER 9. Memorial arrival, a week later
We walked along a wide avenue in the direction of the attraction number 8 in the park of space entertainment "Kosmopark Frang". Hundreds of pilots will participate today in a memorial race on a record track. Katya was walking beside me, Ivan was walking a little further. They arrived on the planet literally a couple of hours ago. The current prolongers of Catherine Kirik and Ivan Gerasimchuk. They will also participate in the race.
On the two sides of the alley on the pedestals towered holograms of those killed in the dramatic events that occurred a week ago. There are many, many. Much more than the surviving pilots, slowly going now to their riders.
The three-dimensional image of General Vladimir Katalov gleams with a turquoise light. My friend. Remained the only survivor of his hundred, he calculated that he could stop the enemy only with the increase in permissible overloads above what he could transfer his body. No enemy drone came out of the third breakthrough.
Next shines the figure of General Alla Khramtsova. My friend, turned into a bunch of superlight, pierced millions of light years of space in order to save us all.
On the other side of the alley, I saw a hologram of Timur Khmylkov - the Minister of Defense of the planet and the mentor of the "crazy four" in the school of flights. Of the four, only half remained - Katya and I. Experienced, as all called Timur, stood until the last in the second breakthrough and was killed along with the bioreider AIDOY.
The holograms of the two bio-riders luminesced with a blue tint a little farther down the alley. Yes, these pirate creatures were also honored to be represented on the alley of glory, although cosmopolitan was against. But cosmoflot had to make significant concessions in order to hush up the conflict. And now AIDA and Yuri Krasilnikov, two bio-riders, majestically rose above the pedestals.
The legendary pilot Yuri Krasilnikov was also represented on the alley as a man. His hologram radiated joy, because the picture was taken immediately after the establishment of the record track eight hundred years ago.
The dramatism of the events was especially acute in this place, because next to Yuri on the pedestals towered holograms of mercenaries Vladislav Malinova and Dmitry Vysotsky, who died in a virtual battle with a digital copy of Yuri's consciousness. Thanks to them, Sai could not control a flock of kids.
Received from Yuri coordinates of the stable zone, in which the kids are locked, I did not share with anyone. When everything is settled, I'll get them out. For the time being, the cosmoflot exhibits an active unhealthy interest in them.
"Henri," Katya asked softly, "what will happen to the space park?"
"In the form in which it used to be, it will cease to exist." Cosmoflot wanted to completely close the spaceport, but Nadezhda somehow managed to convince herself to limit herself to re-profiling. From the mass entertainment park, it will turn into a closed elite club. Visitors will be much less, and prices will grow.
"Then it will be empty now."
- No no! The main part of the asteroid, on which the park is located, will be transferred back to the training base of the flight school. The space park will be left only a small part. By the way, Evgenia Kolobuhova became the new director of the "Kosmopark Frang" club. She is an experienced contractor, and cosmopolite will probably send agents under the guise of visitors.
- Listen, what prevents the cosmoflot from simply flooding everything with the military?
- The new agreement of the planet of France with the commonwealth of central civilizations is interfering. Hope was able to bargain good conditions for us and for ourselves. Our president is now a member of the council of central civilizations, a figure untouchable! But you are right about the intentions of cosmoflot. At the talks, they sold the creation of our official position on the planet with a veto. And do you know who was appointed to this position? Captain Andrey Korotaev! Cosmo Fleet is very keen to control us. And you, the pirates, and at all intend to completely destroy.
- This is what SupremeAI wants first!
- Of course, but they make up the bulk of the staff of the cosmoflot. People there are relatively few. By the way, the president has formed a new government. The Minister of Economy is now Natalia Matveeva, and the Minister of Defense is Pavel Moskvin. I was at a meeting of the Security Council, one of the main tasks of Paul will be the fight against the beetles of cosmoflot. SupremeAI really want to know what's going on! Former trainee Ian Fomin will help to fight with wiretapping as the head of the security service of the space park.
"Wow, they let you in on the security council!" Are you also some kind of minister now?
- Ha! I am the chief adviser to the president, I can go where I want. But you, the pirate prolonger, will not be allowed into the high offices. There is no hope!
- Hey! - Katya was indignant. "By the way, I just talked to the president!"
Speaking quietly, we approached the parking lot of the riders. The pilots were preparing to start. Many riders carried on their plating prints of fights in the form of fresh patches. After looking at the thinning grouping of ships, I did not notice how Katya approached my ear and shouted:
I jumped, shocked, looking at her with a misunderstanding.
"You are very conceited, Presidential adviser Henri." I want to frighten you and switch consciousness to Sergei Avetikov. It's more pleasant to talk to him.
"It looks like you were just as crazy, Katya Kirik!"
When I came to and heard the ringing in my ear, I remembered what I wanted to talk about with Katya:
"I met Professor Vorobiev today, just when you arrived." So, he says that you can experiment on my mind and try to make it so that Sergei and I were conscious at the same time. Like Ivan, I nodded toward Ivan, who was walking behind. "He always has two personalities in his head!"
"It's good that there are only two," Katya answered thoughtfully. "By the way, Henri, do not you want to base your line of prolongers?" It can be arranged.
- So that I lay frozen, and instead of me running some biokyborg-prolonger? It's tempting, but no.
"You do not understand how this works for us." Your brain will work! You will live all that your prolongers live! Prolongers are created and die, and you live each of these lives.
- This is if they do not forget to throw the infu on the base, in the freezer with the brain! But the main thing that does not suit me, is that I can not defend myself if the base is attacked by cosmic fleet. And SupremeAI will probably soon calculate the location of your base or the schedule of its movements. And all - the kapets of eternal life!
- The base is in a safe and secure place. There is neither cosmoflot, nor their SupremeAI can not get.
- Is there really a place more inaccessible to SupremeAI than our anomaly?
- Imagine - there is! In France they already tried to make their way, but they do not really go to that place at all. The AI controllers will not allow SupremeAI to even get there, and cosmic fleet will not be allowed by the commonwealth of the central civilizations.
"There can not be such a place!" Or are you about
- I'm talking about the planet Earth in the forbidden zone "Solar System"!
- Bioreiders have learned to escape imperceptibly from the superlight to the Earth's atmosphere. There is a special laboratory. Freezers, as you say, are on it.
"But if the cosmic fleet finds out " I said, looking around.
- Colossals, of course, give a non-zero probability of having our base on Earth. So what? The system of restrictions built for SupremeAI will not allow them to make their way there. Finding SupremeAI is impossible on the planet of France because of the physical laws of the anomaly. A finding on the planet Earth because of the laws of mankind.
"Damn, this is information!" On Earth, of course, I want to go, but not in a frozen state.
- On Earth, now 2018 by their chronology. Their observatories are more and more sensitive. The Council of Central Civilizations proposes in general to forbid the entry of any ships into the Orion's arm of the Milky Way.
- @ Dispatching | Strategist Victoria Shishkina. The start of the race will take place in ten minutes! I remind you that in spite of the fact that you do not have passengers, you still have the right to a prize of fifty billion p-asters in the event of an improvement in the record of Yuri Krasilnikov. This is due to the lack of visitors in the space park and, accordingly, the inability to take passengers on board.[Конец связи]
"Money will not hurt me," Katya remarked businessly, approaching her rider.
- Indeed, do not disappear to them! Let them lie on my bank account.
I climbed into the rider and sat in the chair, immediately launching the procedures for preparing the gravity compensatory suit systems. I intended to fly quickly. Faster than all.
Two minutes before the start, I got a call on the intercom:
- @ | Ekaterina Kirik. Henri, I propose to start manually, as in the old days. Or are you afraid?
In record races, an automatic start was applied, ensuring the simultaneous start of the movement of all participants. No false starts and equal conditions for everyone. But we sometimes disabled this AI function when we were in flight school. This gave the competition more pepper!
- @ | Henri. Yes, withouta roblem! Only do not cheat! Open me access to the state of the autostart function on your console. I want to see that you do not cheat.
- @ | Ekaterina Kirik. Phew, do not you believe me? Well, I'm opening access. You, by the way, do the same. Come on, good luck in the race! And do not panic much, otherwise it's not fun to race with Sergei!
- @ | Henri. You, too, are quieter, or you will scatter on bomb-molecules.[Конец связи]
Well, with a hand start even more fun. I think that I will be able to react to the signal of the stratum for a few hundredth of a second. It's not such a waste of time. The countdown started.
Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one
- @ | Ekaterina Kirik. EMERGENCY CALL! Henri, look at the file!
[Открыть файл ”super_mega_urgent.jpg”?]
Start. Heck! In the file there was an image of the brake nozzle from the school textbook. Distracted by him, I lost concentration and went to the start with two tenths of a second behind all. And after all, the main thing is that Katya already did this to me when we were children and chased the training riders. And she did it again!
A smile appeared on my face. Biokyborg against mutants! It's time to show this girl, what the best pilot of the Universe is capable of!
Letter from Professor Oleg Vorobyov to President Nadezhda Moskvina
"I apologize for writing this letter not in electronic form. The paper will show what was written only to you. The rest will see only empty sheets.
As you know, I fulfilled my promise to convey the message to the advice of cosmoflot. Price, unfortunately, was high - the life of a wonderful girl Alla and my prolongera. I could not do otherwise: the stakes are higher than ever and will only increase.
I'm glad that you found the strength to start negotiations with those who were going to destroy your planet. Actions of all SupremeAI, even such influential as the Colossals, are heavily regulated by the rules. You have made sure that these rules work for you. Bravo!
Of course, we had to make concessions in the space park. I suspect that cosmoflot took a very tough stance on this issue. Also, as far as I heard, Andrei Korotaev was sent to you as a kind of deputy of cosmopolitan. I have no doubt that you can easily recruit it with the help of sweets from the planet of France, as well as the dope of your herbal teas.
Allow me to ask you. Bio-riders, locked in a stable anomaly zone, require care and attention. Allow, with your permission, to begin the operation to get them out. I, in turn, promise not to start another capture of the planet, without first talking to you.
I hasten to reassure you, we began the implementation of a plan in which the key role shifts from the planet of France to another planet, no less protected at the moment. Legends of this planet are known in the universe even more than the legends of the anomaly of France. For example, the notorious cruiser "Juchi" is named for the eldest son of Genghis Khan, the legendary character of this planet.
In conclusion, I want to share with you the theory of my friend the Calculator on the nature of the anomaly of France. He believes that the space inside the anomaly is not subject to the expansion of the universe and, moreover, is protected from the Big Bang. The calculator predicts the theoretical possibility of the existence of such an object as a black hole, the appearance of which will cause a rapid shrinkage of the universe to a singularity with a subsequent new Big Bang. The over-black hole is characterized by the fact that even superlight particles can not overcome its gravitational field. The calculator believes that such an object can not be formed independently in the results of natural cosmological processes.
In connection with this theory, let me advise you to apply new methods of geophysical research. This will test the hypothesis that you are not the first inhabitants of the planet Franz.
I look forward to a future personal meeting.
PS. If you are reading this postscript, then please do not worry. The paper will now turn into ashes. "
An analytical note of the Third Colossal to the Council of Space Fleet Admiral
"In view of the frequent cases of deviant behavior of SupremeAI, and also in connection with the increased need to balance the behavior of the other two Colossals, I propose to increase the number of processors in my schemes by a factor of trillion. This measure will allow to build much more accurate models of SupremeAI behavior. This upgrade does not require the need to change the carrier vehicle, because the processors can be packed infinitely densely by the principle of quantum convolution. An increase in the number of processors a trillion times without increasing the volume will allow the space within my circuits to enter the state of instantaneous computation. I can solve any problem instantly. Do you need it, people? "
Thank you for reading my novel! Please write your impressions. I will be very grateful!
Thanks to users on Habr for the feedback and valuable comments! I want to thank my mother for support and help in writing! Thanks to friends on Facebook for taking part in writing the text, preparing the cover and choosing the title!
It may be interesting
This is my first time i visit here. I found such a substantial number of interesting stuff in your blog especially its examination. Really its inconceivable article. Keep it up.Gulf Coast Western Reviews
I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business.GSM Solutions
Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanksthc vape juice
Thankyou for sharing the data which is beneficial for me and others likewise to see.Gulf Coast Western Reviews
Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.GSM Solutions
Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work.thc vape juice